test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PVP Mods - what will replace them?

dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
Greetings chums.

Im sure most of us have heard the news about cryptic replacing the junk pvp mods in the crafting list, including PVP DMG. But have we heard anything about whether existing items burdened by these trash mods will get those mods replaced by something better?

And if so, which mod will be put in their place?

Or will they be stuck with them forever?

Even normal DMG would be an improvement at this point.

Thanks in advance for any wisdoms youve got to share chaps and chapettes.
Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH

Comments

• Options
    Oh Im overjoyed theyre being deleted from the list. Ecstatic in fact. I'd just like to know if those weapons stuck with the mods (like two of my omni beams) will be getting the mods replaced which would be amazing.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

• Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    Because these mods could have appeared on items other than weapons, replacing them with anything is a very tricky subject. After all, getting [Dmg] on an Engine or Deflector doesn't make any sense.

For the time being, we're not willing to say that we will ever replace the existing mods, and items that possess these old mods might just become deprecated artifacts of ages gone-by. That's not to say it'll never happen. It's just not something we have a solution for on our immediate radar.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    Because these mods could have appeared on items other than weapons, replacing them with anything is a very tricky subject. After all, getting [Dmg] on an Engine or Deflector doesn't make any sense.

For the time being, we're not willing to say that we will ever replace the existing mods, and items that possess these old mods might just become deprecated artifacts of ages gone-by. That's not to say it'll never happen. It's just not something we have a solution for on our immediate radar.

Thanks for the answer bort (:

Its not what I wanted to hear tbh, not remotely. I spent an enormous amount of resources crafting these things, not to mention the time getting to lvl 20 beams RandD. When two of my three omnis got PVP DMG I was gutted.

Could the mods not be replaced based on item type? Like weps get Acc or CrtD, engines get turn etc. Probably isnt that simple but just a thought.

Or maybe a turn in system, like there was for original nukara stuff?

Still, thanks for the taking the time to answer my question.

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User

Wasn't this something that was eased a bit with the changes flyingtarg mentioned back going into Season 10...with the changes to items and how the data was managed? Or am I just misremembering?
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    Perhaps we can throw some ideas out here of mods that would be equipment appropriate? I'll start.

[PvPdmg] = [Dmg]
    [PvPResist] = a new mini [ResKin] (like 1/2 of a normal resKin

etc etc.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Or maybe even give those items a random reroll for that mod, within their own item class pool. For example, an omni beam stuck with pvpdmg would have it replaced with a random weapon mod?

Especially given what virusdancer was saying it makes sense, and would alleviate the different item types problem.

I still think the best solution would be fixed replacement mod for item type, to replace PVPDMG and PVPResist. Eg CritH for weapons, Turn for impulse engines, Cap for shields, etc.

• Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    What we need is a way to select the mods our weapons get. Make crafting cheaper, the use of upgrades cheaper so it is more attractive for everyone and then let us select the mods we get. And increase the chance for a rarity increase especially for Rep. system gear which can't be crafted or let us also select the rarity for a reasonable, small Dilithium fee. Crafting or R6D ni general, incl. upgrading is a Diltithium sink and very unattractive for casual players or collectors of sets.