test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How does one , Lift the "BANN ON THERE ACCOUNTS" ??

My Account has been Banned , without explanation or review..
I have posted multiple tickets and discussions in the Forum..
Been a player for over 3 yrs now...never had a problem in these
gaming years...been a supportive player to other players...been respectful,
loyal to STO rules. Spent over 1000 dollars in Play cards and was about
to purchase a Lifetime subscription...but now I am wondering , is it worth
it , if one can be BANNED with no explanation ??
Wish someone would explain to me the process to lifting this bann..
thank you for any and all support, from other players , whom have
experienced this . ;-)

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I am fairly certain a ban cannot be lifted. Hence the term "ban". If I were you I'd try to call customer service (yes, via phone) and let an employee look into it / explain the situation. And maybe they can help you - at least better than the forums.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    gchiodaygchioday Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Well if the "Account BAN" cannot be lifted , I am not going to waste my time ,energy and 1000 of dollars more...as i have in these past 3 yrs...I will gracefully bow out, and tell all people everywhere about my experience and warn them of how STO is...This is totally unfair to a Loyal and paying customer...
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    gchioday wrote: »
    Well if the "Account BAN" cannot be lifted , I am not going to waste my time ,energy and 1000 of dollars more...as i have in these past 3 yrs...I will gracefully bow out, and tell all people everywhere about my experience and warn them of how STO is...This is totally unfair to a Loyal and paying customer...

Well, tell that to customer support 604c7e0928dd80af9b57d388bb4bfdd1.gif

I am not a employee. From my experience though companies like Valve (Steam) and Blizzard (WoW, Battle.net) do not lift bans, no matter how much money you spent. The only chance you have is to ask customer support as no forum user can give you a definite answer and customer support people do not read let alone reply in the forums. So before you abandon all hope try to get someone on the phone. You are free to share your experience in the forum, however. I'd be curious as well.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    carlieth1980carlieth1980 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I have had my ban lifted from my WoW account after they falsely locked me. I was in England on holiday and tried to play. but due to having come from and played in Sweden the same day they thought I had, had my account TRIBBLE. Phoned em up and explained and hey presto ban lifted.

Besides you have spent $1000 on this game. if I got banned for no reason I would be up at their HQ urinating on the employees in anger. (delusions only) If you believe you got banned unfairly then phone in and have them look into it. and make sure you get a reason. Then you can better dispute it IF you did not do the offence. Good luck to you either way.
  • Options
    nxmikenxmike Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I would call PWE. Your accoun may have been locked cause someone got into it.
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    If I had spent $1000 on this game and they did not an acceptable reason for this I'd likely sue, maybe talk to other people in the same situation. I've heard of things like this happening and its why I don't spend money on STO anymore and if I ever choose to do so again, very unlikely now after reading this, it will be a small amount of money, nowhere near a $1000.

Its outrageous that Cryptic would do such a thing.
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    Are you sure you didn't trip the chat autoban system? It seems to be very easy to do, I learned this the hard way when I was distributing links to my website while it was on the weebly domain (which is blacklisted in the chatban system), it took a couple of days but I got my account running again.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Op, to clarify, do you feel the time you spent in the game and the money you have spent to purchase things to help enjoy your game play more entitles you from not being banned?

There can be any number of reasons being banned, violation of the ToS, selling and purchasing from gold sellers, comments in chat that can get you reported, bot use, etc, etc.

You seem to be more defensive then a simple request to find out why you were banned. In some rare cases, if you are online in the game for 17 hours or more, it can automatically trip a ban, the system thinks you are a bot.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    OP, there must be a reason for the ban.

It's not in their interest to ban players at random. It might be a wrongfull ban, but we have no way of knowing.

Best bet as said above, is to contact CS via phone, and get an answer as to what happened, since there has to be a reason for a ban....
  • Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    Hope customer service can help you and everything gets resolved soon.
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    You should really keep this out of the forums (although I'm sure your only asking for advice).

your best bet is to contact support and query it with them or contact trendy direct to ask if she can look into this for you.

hope you get it sorted.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    Support is your only means of getting a ban lifted not posting on the forums.

Thread closed.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.