test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

connection to the login server timed out

ok....5 attempts to sign in through the ingame login and each time 'connection to the login server timed out'. at this rate, I'm gonna go play something else today.

its not my connection, as skype and yahoo would be freaking, and my mother in the living room wouldnt be able to watch her on demand movie..

25/25 symmetrical fios connection, this shouldnt be happening if it was my connection.
Murphy's laws:
1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.

Comments

• thothpwethothpwe Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I'm in the same boat. When you have multiple characters it gets frustrating real quick. It has been happening since the latest down time.
  • ankabird1ankabird1 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Same problem there started this morning...
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    I'm having exactly the same problem right now
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • stigian01stigian01 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Add me to the list.
  • darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    Same problem right now.
  • takfeltakfel Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Add my name. Was just kicked for the 2nd time while changing characters. same error message. Connection to the log in server timed out.

Forgot to add I was kicked 1 time before because "server not responding". Same thing is happening to other people.
  • mattdeckermattdecker Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    same here guys.now when i get the launcher to fire up i click on engage and it shuts down.with the error reporting window appears.i have tried force checking the files and even running in admin mode and still nothing.when the game was working(it just stopped yesterday) it would crash all the time.but id never know when.usually in the middle of a firefight(it figures).i cant even get arc to run now.wtf is going on here.this is the worst run of bad luck ive had since i started playing this game years ago.i dont know what to do
  • dvroccdvrocc Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Mega timeouts here also, guess ill go play another MMO till later cya!
  • rjntrekrjntrek Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I've been on for several hours tonight and then just got booted out of game but i never lost my ts server connection or regular internet access. I thought the patch today was for server stability. looks like the ball was dropped to me
  • pressurex1pressurex1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I am a life time member and this should NOT happen 3 logins and none take then this: unable to connect to patch server if problem persist contact customer support .
    Post edited by pressurex1 on
  • yspotsyspots Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I've had this problem for a long time. Many months, maybe a year. It seems to happen most during what I would expect to be prime-time (evening, late on weekends, etc). I don't know why it happens, but I continue to try and eventually I get in.0
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Every once in a while, sadly more often than not. Hurray, today is timeout day! ... :/

Probably for the best, should it work on those days its mostly rubber-banding. Everything but setting new DOFFs & R&D research would be just annoying. Also it saves money. No play = no urge to buy stuff :p

Considering its a (EU) prime time issue in my case too and all fine and dandy on unusual times its probably not enough server power.
  • mia1099mia1099 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Server time outs and server not responding, I am seeing this not once in a while but several times a week now
    and I end up wasting time trying to get back in, that gets old quicker now
  • subzer0d1videsubzer0d1vide Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Me too. Waited an hour, still can't log in. Arc Loader shows green (go figure).
    --

"The higher the fewer."
  • noxteregnoxtereg Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    Unable to log in also.
    How come this is such an issue now? I've had more login and lag issues in the past 60 days than I have the past year :(
    Ever since Risa, I started getting disconnects, login issues, and rubberbanding. I normally don't have issues. Game has always ran pretty smooth.

logintimeout.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Yup, server has been c**p all weekend.
  • stuntpilotstuntpilot Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    The network issues for this game are staggering. Remember that epic extended (again and again and again) maintenance for new hardware a short while back? Round of applause!
  • noxteregnoxtereg Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    Well I did get in for 2 minutes. But I was lagging and rubberbanding really bad. Got to DS9, while inside I attempted to refine dilithium and got disconnected. :( Sad days.
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    stuntpilot wrote: »
    The network issues for this game are staggering. Remember that epic extended (again and again and again) maintenance for new hardware a short while back? Round of applause!

Again.. expected. If you been around for a while. (and this is sooo sad to say). But it was not about new hardware, just a stability update.. lol, they will never ever waste money to buy new hardware, thats the problem.
    Post edited by kittyflofy on
  • mia1099mia1099 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Another day, same time as well, was in and playing no problems, 7:30, a little rubber band followed by SNR, topped off with a total DC and lock out as its not getting back in. 2 days running now, same time same thing
  • subzer0d1videsubzer0d1vide Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    I can't stay logged in for more than 2 lag filled minutes! Unacceptable.
    --

"The higher the fewer."
  • irabjacobsirabjacobs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    What is this TRIBBLE, they upload 11 gigs to me but I can't even log in?
  • lannister0779lannister0779 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    As of the Sept 3 patch, I was unable to get into the game as I was getting the "login server timed out" message every single time. Just now, I turned on my VPN (I live in Canada) and set it for Chicago, USA and was able to play. Very strange. Are Canadian IP addresses (or non-American ones) being affected somehow by the latest patch?
  • n0d0ej0en0d0ej0e Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    when the CE event started I was getting so much lag I couldn't even participate in the event. now with the new patch I can't even log in. just keep getting connection timeout errors at the login screen

also maybe it is a Canada only thing
  • commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    n0d0ej0e wrote: »
    when the CE event started I was getting so much lag I couldn't even participate in the event. now with the new patch I can't even log in. just keep getting connection timeout errors at the login screen

also maybe it is a Canada only thing

Not just a Canada thing...not just a Comcast or Cogentco issue, not just an operating system issues, not just a graphics card issue. It is a Cryptic related server issue.

For the last three weeks I have been getting the unresponsive client issues and have done everything I could think of on my end, including getting a service tech from Comcast out here to check my lines and connection...AND upgrade my modem.

I have tried everything to connect to the game, but the gameclient.exe just stops communicating with Cryptics server. This I believe is all one related issue, the 40% load, the 90% load, the SNRs, the timeouts, etc... I have watch the activity when I log into game in the status monitor and the gameclient just stops communicating.

• autobotgoldbugautobotgoldbug Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    As of the Sept 3 patch, I was unable to get into the game as I was getting the "login server timed out" message every single time. Just now, I turned on my VPN (I live in Canada) and set it for Chicago, USA and was able to play. Very strange. Are Canadian IP addresses (or non-American ones) being affected somehow by the latest patch?

Nope it just kicked me out after I played the CC event. I'm in Chicago.
    Now the login server won't respond after I tried to login again.
    So we are back to the same problems like last weekend.
  • darkwing228darkwing228 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    I'm getting the infamous, patch server timed out error
  • darkwing228darkwing228 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    didn't Cryptic have a massive server downtime whilst they fiddled with the servers to make sure this didn't happen again some time ago?
  • zavitz146zavitz146 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Also happening to me. Thought maybe they'd have fixed it by now.
  • zavitz146zavitz146 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Good news everyone, I was finally able to get on after trying roughly 40 times.