test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Time in a Bottle Rewards Issue

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Hey ya'll, are you experiencing issues with Time in a Bottle and rewards pack?

I got a bunch of reports, so I did some digging. Here's the dealio. Right now there's something a little wonky with it, which is causing there to be a weekly delay for users. Did you do the episode and get your reward last Tuesday? With the bug, that means that once you do the episode this Tuesday, you'll be eligible for the reward again. The team will be pushing something to fix this in the next incoming maintenance, but that's what appears to be affecting things for you. Sorry for the technical ambiguity, as I am not a systems designer and am an easily confuzzled person. But I got to the bottom of it! Yay? Yay.

~LaughingTrendy

Comments

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Thought that'd be the case. The same thing happened with one of the previous featured episodes.

Thanks for the feedback. :)
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Ran it last Wednesday got the spec point, just ran it now late Tuesday night -- no spec point.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    LOL this is not fixed.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    It's now broken for me too. I didn't have this issue before, but now I do. Yay.
    I need a beer.

• captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    This is not fixed. I ran the reward yesterday to receive the second week spec point, but the point does not now appear in my rewards for the episode today.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Hmmm, I'll move this over to the team again.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    This is not fixed. I ran the reward yesterday to receive the second week spec point, but the point does not now appear in my rewards for the episode today.

I can confirm... if this was supposed to be fixed, and the Spec Point/Upgrade Kit box was to be made available immediately to all players at 1 PM ET (10 AM PT)... this was NOT FIXED.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • denniskr87denniskr87 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I recived second week reward normaly, and now there is no third... Well done...you should really hire new coders...
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Yeah, no spec point/tech upgrade for me either. I like the Temporal Flux Generator, but it's no Spec Point. :(
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • grifithrkvgrifithrkv Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    no changes to me, no 3rd week reward
    So I talked with the team. From what I understand with the timing for this, the fix will be functioning for people depending on their playtime. After talking to the team, everyone's should be fixed by this evening. I'll be monitoring and investigating more, however.
    So I talked with the team. From what I understand with the timing for this, the fix will be functioning for people depending on their playtime. After talking to the team, everyone's should be fixed by this evening. I'll be monitoring and investigating more, however.

Thanks, Trendy!

bZHnJuH.gif
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    I have the issue as well get your TRIBBLE sorted out
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Yup, I just went to see if my weekly reward box is available and it's not there. I'll try again later.
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    o2ZKMrE.png?1
    yeah, im not seeing it this week on either account, no biggy though, it did turn up eventually on the 1 account that was missing it last week, so i'll try again tomorrow and hopefully it will.. like magic.. appear-a-voo
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
    Okay, it's past Dilithium Reset time. Still no spec point/tech upgrade box. I assumed that's when the system would comb through the playerbase and grant the rewards earned today.

So far, this isn't the case (at least for me).

So, my next question... define "this evening"?
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    I was able to finally get my reward box. If you haven't checked yet, now would be a good time to check. :smile:
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    It's still not available for me (11PM PST on Thursday 02/07)
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    Not available to me yesterday on toon X; the last time played on last Sat/Sun (don't remember) but toon Y.

I guess I'll wait until after the "7-day cooldown".
  • kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Nope, just did mission. No weekly reward on this character. one which did it half an hour ago got it.

61635447-ad43-4871-a14b-d139f2ed71e7_zpssm2sbma3.png

Had to run the mission again to get the reward despite running it yesterday. All my hatred for the Cinematic War.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I got it this morning before my 7 day cooldown which was 9:00 am eastern. It was there at 6 when I first looked.

I will be running on all characters as I see the device as a classic item, somewhere between the cane and shard - though the shard remains top dog - Kurland Here!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Still not showing up for me. I'm a little concerned that it's still using the 7 day cooldown, even though they apparently fixed that. I didn't pick up the weekly reward (spec point) until Wednesday evening so I'm going to be cutting it close to get it this week at all if it needs to wait 7 days.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Hmmm, alright. I'm going to email the team and see what the eck' is up.
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    I did the mission a couple of hours ago. The reward was present.
    Hmmm, alright. I'm going to email the team and see what the eck' is up.

Thanks Trendy. :)
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,003 Arc User
    I'm still not seeing it either. :(
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    I haven't seen hide nor hair of the reward yet either.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I didn't SEE it listed when I played the mission but I got it anyways...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg