What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[http://bit.ly/DOFFS] DOffTrekker / DOFFJOBS / DOFFCALLS

2»

Comments

• qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hi there,

I appear to be having a small issue on the spreadsheet. After inputing mission timestamps, the runtime/cooldown cells are permantly displaying 'loading'. I'm not sure if this is the sheet, google or maybe something esle. I've tried the usual refresh sheet, reload sheet, reboot pc and reload sheet, all with no success.

this is a screenie of the issue -

http://i.imgur.com/iRCpXEj.png?1

Many thanks for taking the time to keep the sheet alive!!

Best Regards,

Qzi

*updated - issue seems to have been resolved, so thats either a thanks for the fix, or a sorry to have bothered you
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    zerobang wrote: »
    20hr reset for colonial chain should now work

@deltabrainwave reacted quickly and also found a pretty simple solution pretty fast. *thumbs up*

implemented his changes, tell me if anything explodes :)

i've put a lot of work into this thing (and a lot of other people too), i would hate to just abandon it, and as long as i can keep it alive with just a few clicks and no MAJOR complicated updates are required i will keep it alive as long as it makes sense to do so.

(i mean it is now pretty much running perfect on its own, all i need to do is to allow new Editors on the sheet when i get requests via mail, click, click, done).

Thanks Zero and Deltabrainwave - hope that things get reverted soon and you can quickly update it back.

I'm so bummed out - I tried doing a 'detailed, useful' post in DOff subforum about the timers, which got moved to the bugs forum and is now of course buried somewhere under pages of other bugs. <sigh>

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • reekaroreekaro Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I realize that I have begun using this tool as both the creator of it has stopped playing STO (but appears to still be involved, thank you) and as a horrible doff update has taken place. Be that as it may, I would really like to use this tool to help me out.

Perhaps due to my inability to read directions or perhaps as is actually the case, data on the trekker site appears stale, and therefore data available to my character page is also stale. I thought I read someplace that data on the sheet was reset with every update, is this not the case? Also, if it is, might I have muunched something up?

Also, I am having issues with getting the account overview page to operate properly, most likely due to my inability to read. What might be causing that?

Your hard work is much appreciated, I'm sorry you have left the game. But I understand it.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    if you have problems setting up your doc just share it with Z3R0B4NG@googlemail.com and i'll take a look, it is usually simple stuff like not setting the timezone right or something like that (and i react faster via email too ;) )

"hope that things get reverted soon and you can quickly update it back."

updating it back is the easy part, just let me know when they fixed this nonsense ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reekaroreekaro Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I appreciate the offer, but I got a few hours of sleep and I read the clearly written instructions on the sheet. Worked much better :)

Thanks for remaining closely associated with this project despite not being associated with the game. Those that remain appreciate it :)
  • dewblackdewblack Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    There seems to be something wrong with the Age of imported Data timer, quite a few people in DOFFJOBS complained about it and it's stuck for myself at 450+ minutes as well.

It seems to be purely cosmetic as the data is actually updating correctly.

EDIT: Whatever that was looks like it's fixed now.
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Some time ago I helped you all out when I found Doff assignments. An individual violated the no chat rule by asking a question, I answered it and reminded him not to chat on DOFFCALLS. For this, I was muted.

How do I get unmuted?

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The 20 hour cooldown for clusters should be fixed to 4 hours in today's patch. Although it does not specify whether it synchs with the regular sector cooldown or if there is any offset.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    edited August 2014
    i guess the patch is live by now.

*changed the reset on the sheet for the colonial chain back to the 4 hour timer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    It looks like the links to the individual tracker viewscreens on bit.ly/doffs are broken. They're stuck with "loading..." forever.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    edited November 2014
    Oh almighty z3ro, the Glossary on the view screens is out of date (new delta rising sectors) and doesn't pull from the glossary on the editor sheet.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    edited April 2015
    FYI: i have replaced all instances of =GoogleClock() with =Now()
    when i checked the editor sheet today it was acting up and just said Loading... because the googleclock was stuck ...again.

Google will be disabling the googleclock command for good, that info has been known for at least half a year now, i have no idea when google will actually flick the switch but when your DOffTrekker is going to show odd stuff on the timers it might be a good idea to update to the new version of the template (3.11c).

=now() also displays seconds instead of a :00 at the end... that might feel a bit odd at first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sftricksftrick Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Just curious -- has DOFFTrekker been broken for a week or two now for everyone, or did I just manage to hose mine somehow?

Specifically, it always says a new version is available even though I have the current one, and completion and cooldown times are always "0:00:00."
  • csts84csts84 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sftrick wrote: »
    Just curious -- has DOFFTrekker been broken for a week or two now for everyone, or did I just manage to hose mine somehow?

Specifically, it always says a new version is available even though I have the current one, and completion and cooldown times are always "0:00:00."
    No, it's not just you. I'm having the same problems, too. I checked the official DOFFTREKKER spreadsheet, and that one was broken, too. I've been meaning to post about this myself, but wanted to make some screenshots first. None of the completion or cooldown times display (they either zero out or say N/A) and some of them have errors. All of the drop-down menus do not work anymore, either.

Screenshot from official spreadsheet:
    https://flic.kr/p/uf2Cz5
    edited June 2015
    csts84 wrote: »
    No, it's not just you. I'm having the same problems, too. I checked the official DOFFTREKKER spreadsheet, and that one was broken, too. I've been meaning to post about this myself, but wanted to make some screenshots first. None of the completion or cooldown times display (they either zero out or say N/A) and some of them have errors. All of the drop-down menus do not work anymore, either.

Screenshot from official spreadsheet:
    https://flic.kr/p/uf2Cz5

got the same situation here too, thought id borked mine somehow (which wouldn't have been the 1st time) detailed custom sheet meets an ever changing google sheet setup.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
    edited June 2015
    i'm guessing what we are experiencing now is the result of the googleclock function (zerobang mentions a few posts up) no longer operating. not sure if there is (or will be) anything to replace it. but that at least would explain why we are getting the weirdness and 00.00.00 entries on projects, no clock to base the calculations on.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    things seem to be working again.. i feel confident that zerobang must have had a hand in this.. so thank you kindly sir!
    onion-22.gif
    tYld1gu.gif?1