test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What awesome/lucky deal did you get on the exchange?

I managed to pick up a Fleet Module today on the exchange for 2mil, I almost sprayed my coffee when I saw it. I didn't plan on loading up STO this morning at all and I honest couldn't remember why I even logged this morning at all but I'm glad I did.

So what incredibly good deal have you guys picked up?

Comments

• cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    Two years ago, when Aegis wasn't bound. I bought a set for one of my alts. Paid 12000 Ecs for the deflector. Somebody forgot to add two zeros.
    A few months back, I picked up Five lockbox keys, for 110000 each. I resold them at 1200000 each.
  • lingeringsoul888lingeringsoul888 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    wow, 110000 for lock box keys....that is one hell of a bargin
  • dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    A year ago I bought a [plasma beam array mk xii [crtd]x3] for about 500k EC and sold it for 75mio :)
    Another I remember was a Zemok for 1,5mio. I think that DOFF was around 45mio at that time.

+ a bunch of ships that made most of my profit.
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User

Someone forgot a zero. If they sent me a PM, I might have cut a deal with them. Bet they were smacking their head on the keyboard, when they figured out the mistake.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User
    When the Vaadwaur box came out, I found an Astika on the exchange for 7.7mill EC. I felt a little guilty on that one. xD
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • denniskr87denniskr87 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    I buyed plasmonic leach for 40000000 EC right before his price jump to 100000000EC
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    When the Vaadwaur box came out, I found an Astika on the exchange for 7.7mill EC. I felt a little guilty on that one. xD

You mean, you felt a little guilty as you mashed the BUY button as quickly as possible, LOL... :wink:
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    Probably the best sale I made on the exchange was flipping an Inspirational Leader (sold for ~105m) for an Astika (bought for ~94m), with about 10m EC to spare. I also was able to pick up a Leech for 44m EC, which is a bargain these days.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Too many to share. I've taken advantage of multiple instances of people forgetting to add a few integers to their listing.

The greatest deals I took advantage of are so great that I'm hesitant to mention them by name for fear of getting hit with the hammer for discussing in-game exploits, but I can say it involves the exchange cap of 500 million EC multiple times.

There was also the matter with the chap who sold me 100 lockbox keys at ~20,000 each. That was a good day. Helped finance a birthday gift for a friend.

Oh, and the rechargable shields battery someone sold for 100 EC because they must have thought it was a regular shields battery.

And the guy who sold me the Voth Bulwark Dreadnought for the same price as one of the lockbox/lobi ships.

... and the guy who must have went on a spending spree with doff packs because I was buying up all of his purples on the exchange even though they were easily worth 10 to 20 times more.

What's important is that when I take advantage of these ignorant people on the exchange, I never keep it for myself. I don't feel like I earn it, if that makes sense. Taking advantage of these too-good-to-be-true deals does not make me feel accomplished, so I tend to blow all of the proceeds on gifts for my friends or my fleet.

I pay my good luck forward.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    The best that I ever had was easily getting 10x Antiproton Dual Dual Beam Array Mk II [CrtD}x2 [Pen} For 100k each. The going price was 3 Million at the time.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    I cannot recall anytime I got a deal, know one time I was selling keys, and (back in the 1 mil days) and sold like 30 for 10,000 each.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • lingeringsoul888lingeringsoul888 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    The best that I ever had was easily getting 10x Antiproton Dual Dual Beam Array Mk II [CrtD}x2 [Pen} For 100k each. The going price was 3 Million at the time.

I wouldn't be surprised if I was one of those people. Early on, I didn't know what the critd x2 pen were worth, only thought the critd x3 were worth something. I might have even discarded a few of them lol
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    I don't go hunting for them but caught a few with missing zeroes now and then, a Leech being my biggest catch ever. That said, finds like that I sit on them for a day or two in case the person messages me, since really its kinda ghoulish to take too much glee in someone else's honest mistake. No takers yet, but ya never know.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I got a trait once for 500k that was I think suppose to be posted for 5 million. Someone forgot a zero it seems.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    I don't go hunting for them but caught a few with missing zeroes now and then, a Leech being my biggest catch ever. That said, finds like that I sit on them for a day or two in case the person messages me, since really its kinda ghoulish to take too much glee in someone else's honest mistake. No takers yet, but ya never know.

You've purchased a few things from me I purposefully sold at a steep discount, so I've never messaged you.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    I sold a Frequency Remodulator on the exchange for 1000 ec.

The Frequency Remodulator you get for free from your replicator or the first Borg mission.
    y1arXbh.png

• psych2lpsych2l Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Rechargeable shield batteries for 8 and 10 million, sold them both for 60 million each
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    I haven't been playing the game all that long but I ran across one of those where someone forgot a 0. Bought it for about 87k and flipped it for 870k.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    You've purchased a few things from me I purposefully sold at a steep discount, so I've never messaged you.

Ah. Well its more something I do like if somebody accidentally lists a ship for 8 million instead of 80, everyone has made that sort of mistake at some point, so it gives them a chance to correct themselves if that really was the case. Do Unto Others and all. On the other hand sometimes its stuff where like someone has listed a 10-million-ec array for 5m, in which case I figure they just want to move it quickly so no-harm no-foul.

Side note: You watch who's buying your stuff? Not only does that seem like a lot of stuff to go through every day, thats.....kinda creepy actually. I'd think with a hundred of those 'item sold' spam emails every day, thats just a lot of junk to bother going through it all.
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    well it is time to gloat i guess!

Tholian Orb weaver 40,000 EC
    Wells time ship for 40,000,000
    Undine Nicor battle ship for 9,000,000
    Xindi-Reptilian Contortrix for 9,000,000
    Bethan assualt Cruiser for 4,000,000

Someone always makes a mistake posting on the exchange, I usually find new ships from lockboxes cheap the first or second weekend. I watch the exchange for their msitake and try to capitalize. I also lost a strike ship doing the same thing, put it up for 35 mil instead of 350 mil, so I lost on that one.
    320x240.jpg
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    rather than i benefited someone else did due to my error. Sold a lockbox ship for 10 mil ec instead of 100mil forgot the extra 0 did the same to a few MK XII very rare tact consoles when they were worth 50 mil before Spire ones came out.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I usually go after lockbox ground weapons and the ships. Found several deals on those at times.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • orionburstorionburst Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    A long, long time ago, I picked up a few xii purple disruptor tac consoles for a tiny amount of ec... and gave them back to the guy when he pmmed me saying 'you got lucky there' or something to that degree... I got only my ec back in return but lifes too short to TRIBBLE others over on a piddly video game
    344qvwl.jpg

I'm an Arc user? Yeah, right..I'd rather eat a chainsaw, blade first
  • sardociansardocian Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    A long time ago, when the JHAS first came out during a winter event, I bought one off the exchange for 20 million EC.

This was a little different situation though, it was probably one of the first of those ships posted on the exchange, so there hadn't been an opportunity for the price to skyrocket quite yet.

Still, I was pleased :)
  • dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    I had a *lot* of good deals, but among the first bigger ones: a D'Kora for a few dozend k when the Ferengi Box came out.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    cptjhunter wrote: »

Someone forgot a zero. If they sent me a PM, I might have cut a deal with them. Bet they were smacking their head on the keyboard, when they figured out the mistake.

Not everyone is that kind. I remember I sold an item way below price.. I think I was moving an item between characters (in the old days when I didn't have an account bank) and I guess I thought I would have time to pick it up before getting snatched. I was wrong.. I PMed the person.. but he was not interested as he bought the item to his brother.