test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No Dilithium Cost for Leveling Projects

Beloved Devs,

Fleet Shipyards, Industrial Replicators, and Comm Arrays can be leveled without contributing dilithium. Projects that accomplish this require zero dilithium and provide zero provisions, only points for leveling the specific holding. (Herein, "leveling-projects")

The existing leveling-projects for the other fleet holding subitems should have their dilithium requirements also set to zero. These are:
Embassy Recruitment
Embassy Diplomacy
Dilithium Mine Development
Dilithium Mine Trade
Spire Research
Spire Operations
Delta-Blue
Delta-Gold

Because Reasons:
-- Undue burden for Dilithium. Many systems compete for a player's dilithium, and these named leveling-projects provide inferior rewards than all other systems that require dilithium.
-- Improper to game design. A Time Currency is already innate to all fleet holding systems via cooldown timer
-- Inconsistent with game design. Leveling-projects for all other systems do not have a dilithium cost.
-- Starbase Shipyard leveling-projects already function this way
-- Starbase Industrial Replicator leveling-projects already function this way
-- Starbase Communications Array leveling-projects already function this way
-- All Reputation leveling-projects already function this way
-- All R+D School leveling-projects already function this way

Thank you!!

=/\=
Through breaking waves and vicious storms /
Against lightning's fury and thunder's scorn /
Only through fire is order forged /
WIth vibrant glory /
A sword
=/\=

I.S.S. Excalibur NCC-1664

Comments

• Options
    rogue6800rogue6800 Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    So say we all! (Oops, wrong franchise)
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    I'd respectfully disagree, Fleets are one of the few things in STO that players generally dump massive amounts of Dilithium into. Keeping the Dil Exchange in check, due to P2W players buying up Zen to trade for Dilithium.

If we lower the demand for dilithium in-game the dil price on the exchange will jump even higher. Some people would like this, though it would be less friendly (more so) to those who purchase Zen via the Dilithium Exchange.

Economic bits aside, I would like to see some kind of implementation of the 'fleet only dilithium' used in the Delta Recruitment Event, perhaps as a daily bonus to Fleet Action missions?
    (I believe I mentioned this somewhere else, I'm getting a serious case of deja vu...)