test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

these new forums suck!

Comments

• quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    alexhayden wrote: »
    Ummm..."badunka junking"????? :)

It's not quite a badunka and it's not quite a junk, so to answer your question, I have no idea.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I like the new forums. I can post pictures, and since the dev tracker never accurately worked for me on the old forums, it's not something I miss particularly. I guess you don't really miss what was never there.

I can also just refresh the Discussions tab instead of browsing all the sub-forums so I can post my opinions nobody cares about.

Also, the Vanilla forums are a new thing. New things require adjustments from both the end user and the people managing them. It's kind of unrealistic to expect perfection when this is still a relatively new change.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    I've been mean to people when advocating the plugin?lRQebLq.gif Bat cleric is very confused. Anyway, the numerous fixes are more than just smileys. It also fixes the formats. It adds functionality such as letting us pick size, color, etc of font. Make the various BBCODE functionality easier to use, so we don't have to type them by hand. It adds handy links to forum tools that are hard to search. You don't have to like the guy personally but he still does good work. And his extensions aren't the only ones created. There are themes and tools by other users. The plugin was created by Asterelle. There is an STO theme by khamseenair.
    We are mostly discussing smileys in that thread because they are fun.fox-48.gif

Other people who I've encountered, including nrgrlr, have been less than cordial. In any case, none of those features you've listed matter to me. So it's ultimately irrelevant.

Knowing what kind of features do matter to you, could help create an injection to resolve the issue... :)

Actually I'd prefer PWE's board staff fix the issues rather than relying on the community as an excuse to be lazy at their jobs. But my top pet peeves happen to be how threads tagged with new posts don't actually take you to the new posts, or the apparent inability of the Flag/Report to function and reach a moderator.

Woah buddy. Slow down there with the assumptions! As much as I'd love to start badunka-junkin with things from my end (and lo, I am but a simple community manager) this isn't the open source version of Vanilla. It's being hosted and managed by them.

And yes. We've been (myself included) having conversations with Vanilla with regards to stuff like themes (css) and devtracker (api).

I'm working to fix em'. Don't knock me if you don't know me.

/mic

Hi Trendy!

My only concerns is with the titles we payed for, when do we get them back? And also are you guys going to put page advancement at the bottom as well as the top? Just curious...

This gorn is just happy to be back as it is...
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    A note for you guys: A night or two ago, I just discovered how to do fast multiquoting on Vanilla...and to my surprise, it actually seems to be working better than vBulletin (which had a real problem remembering what you wanted to quote sometimes with "Multi-On"). I added it to my Survival Tips thread over in the Suggestions area.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    I've been mean to people when advocating the plugin?lRQebLq.gif Bat c.gif[/img]

Woah buddy. Slow down there with the assumptions! As much as I'd love to start badunka-junkin with things from my end (and lo, I am but a simple community manager) this isn't the open cloud version of Vanilla. It's being hosted and managed by them.

And yes. We've been (myself included) having conversations with Vanilla with regards to stuff like themes (css) and devtracker (api).

/mic

Trendy I love you lol

Out of curiosity, did you edit what was in the Quotes, or is that not working again??

Assuming you edited it to conserve space
  • uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    I'm not used to these forums but no real complaints so far. There's a lot more we can do which I really like.

I wonder if we can embed youtube videos though? That's probably my favorite forum feature now.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    I've been mean to people when advocating the plugin?lRQebLq.gif Bat cleric is very confused. Anyway, the numerous fixes are more than just smileys. It also fixes the formats. It adds functionality such as letting us pick size, color, etc of font. Make the various BBCODE functionality easier to use, so we don't have to type them by hand. It adds handy links to forum tools that are hard to search. You don't have to like the guy personally but he still does good work. And his extensions aren't the only ones created. There are themes and tools by other users. The plugin was created by Asterelle. There is an STO theme by khamseenair.
    We are mostly discussing smileys in that thread because they are fun.fox-48.gif

Other people who I've encountered, including nrgrlr, have been less than cordial. In any case, none of those features you've listed matter to me. So it's ultimately irrelevant.

Knowing what kind of features do matter to you, could help create an injection to resolve the issue... :)

Actually I'd prefer PWE's board staff fix the issues rather than relying on the community as an excuse to be lazy at their jobs. But my top pet peeves happen to be how threads tagged with new posts don't actually take you to the new posts, or the apparent inability of the Flag/Report to function and reach a moderator.

Woah buddy. Slow down there with the assumptions! As much as I'd love to start badunka-junkin with things from my end (and lo, I am but a simple community manager) this isn't the open source version of Vanilla. It's being hosted and managed by them.

/mic

Well excuuuuuse me, but it seems like you guys should have waited until things were a little more closer to 100% before moving everything to these forums. This is the most clumsiest forum transfer I have ever had the misfortune of watching. It is truly frustrating when something as important as the Flag post doesn't even function!
    It is truly frustrating when something as important as the Flag post doesn't even function!

The old forums didn't even have that function to begin with.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    iconians wrote: »
    It is truly frustrating when something as important as the Flag post doesn't even function!

Where we might as well be, which is the whole point!
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Well excuuuuuse me, but it seems like you guys should have waited until things were a little more closer to 100% before moving everything to these forums. This is the most clumsiest forum transfer I have ever had the misfortune of watching. It is truly frustrating when something as important as the Flag post doesn't even function!
    entitlement.png

Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
    cidjack wrote: »
    entitlement.png

Too bad I can't flag you for trolling, because if a certain function that's right there, advertising itself, actually worked, I could.
    Too bad I can't flag you for trolling, because if a certain function that's right there, advertising itself, actually worked, I could.
    91507e02fbafc12b4795431d6cf6e4a656ccd0de0339a20a469c337280a50d82.jpg

95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
    iconians wrote: »

Where we might as well be, which is the whole point!

Taking your example, a non-functioning Flag post option... it's important. It's important enough to get frustrated over if it doesn't work.

The Flag post button isn't functional, but it does exist. If it exists, that means there is the reasonable expectation it will eventually become functional.

The old forums never even indicated they were concerned. We had to fill out a support ticket to get a post looked at. That's even more backwards thinking than this.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited June 2015
    @pwlaughingtrendy, if you really wanted to get into my good graces, you'd put an end to the above, self-demonstrating exhibit on why I'm so miffed about the inability of half the present functions on this clunky forum to actually work.
  • lovemystartreklovemystartrek Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    The problem is you cant find anything.
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    @pwlaughingtrendy, if you really wanted to get into my good graces, you'd put an end to the above, self-demonstrating exhibit on why I'm so miffed about the inability of half the present functions on this clunky forum to actually work.

Kojiro, you might just want to take a chill pill.
    We all know this transfer wasn't smooth. ( Hell, I couldn't even post in the forums for over a week.) but that is no cause to go so ballistic. Just relax, state your concerns and either wait it out or move along to something else. It just isn't important enough to blow a gasket over.
    And I hope you don't want to flag me, I am just trying to be helpful.

Have Gorn type day!
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
    entitlement.png

Coming from you that's hilarious. normal-2.gif

Really? Because all I see you do is troll. It would actually be funnier coming from you.

@pwlaughingtrendy, here's another one.
    sisteric wrote: »

Kojiro, you might just want to take a chill pill.
    We all know this transfer wasn't smooth. ( Hell, I couldn't even post in the forums for over a week.) but that is no cause to go so ballistic. Just relax, state your concerns and either wait it out or move along to something else. It just isn't important enough to blow a gasket over.

I'm freaking bipolar, it's hard for me to not to blow a gasket over something so... infuriating.

No pictures this time, I swear.

You are trolling both other players and the Mods of these forums for not providing constructive criticism. The wordage you are using does only to inflame and distract from the sole purpose of improving the forums so all of us can take full advantage of all widgets available.

Furthermore, it has been a short period of time since the change over, and some of us have faith that behind what we, the players, can see, PWE and Cryptic are doing their jobs in making theses forums to meet our expectations as best possible. In most cases where pictures are used to respond to someone's comment, it is for the fact that sometimes, a player cannot reduce their though process and vocabulary low enough to save self respect.

You are trolling both other players and the Mods of these forums for not providing constructive criticism. The wordage you are using does only to inflame and distract from the sole purpose of improving the forums so all of us can take full advantage of all widgets available.

That is sheer, unadulterated TRIBBLE. I have been constructive in my concerns and complaints; I have listed, often repeatedly in my posts what functions I am actually concerned or annoyed about failing to function. Then wiseass little pieces of TRIBBLE like you or sopwithsnipe come in with their short, snide remarks or image macros to drag the whole thing off topic.

It is YOU who are the trolls.
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    Here is the hard truth, no matter what your opinion is, in where you like the forums or not, that aint gonna make PWE change their mind into going back to Vbulletin.

The migration already happened, the new forums are all set, all we can really do now is get used to them... or simply... not use them at all.

coming here and just stating... the forums suck... that's not really helping PWE address the major concerns that need to be addressed, like mods needing they mod powers, getting basic functionality of the forums correct.

Why not instead of insulting one another and hating on trendy and PWE staff.... why not help them make our new forums better? why not???TiQ3RTF.png

6tviTDx.png

That is sheer, unadulterated TRIBBLE. I have been constructive in my concerns and complaints; I have listed, often repeatedly in my posts what functions I am actually concerned or annoyed about failing to function. Then wiseass little pieces of TRIBBLE like you or sopwithsnipe come in with their short, snide remarks or image macros to drag the whole thing off topic.

It is YOU who are the trolls.

Please, show me where sopwithsnipe and I have had to resort to swear words or talk in a demeaning manner. When someone resorts to that type of language, it exposes the lack of education on their part.

coming here and just stating... the forums suck... that's not really helping PWE address the major concerns that need to be addressed, like mods needing they mod powers, getting basic functionality of the forums correct.

I'm not the OP. So your attempt to denigrate anything that I have posted in this thread, or others is disingenuous.
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter

I'm not the OP. So your attempt to denigrate anything that I have posted in this thread, or others is disingenuous.

My comment/s were not directed to anyone in specific... if you see them directed at you... what does that tell you???
    6tviTDx.png

My comment/s were not directed to anyone in specific... if you see them directed at you... what does that tell you???

Your logic does not compute. You have already replied earlier within this thread where you could have stated that comment when it was still new. You waited until now when the bands of trolls start pouring in and drag everything through the muck.
    I'm freaking bipolar, it's hard for me to not to blow a gasket over something so... infuriating.

So just because you are bipolar, people who've never met you should have to put up with your negative abuse? Talk about sheer unadulterated [redacted].

My only crime was politely suggesting that people could make the current forum transition more pleasant by referring them to the forum fixes that were made by some of our fellow players. Which in turn set off your whole "I don't want to use stuff other players made to make things better. I want PWE/Cryptic to do it for me, and I'm gonna be bitter and nasty until they do." ranting.

That's a curious revision of events, considering what actually happened is that I simply stated that I shouldn't have to use something that fixes something that the company responsible should fix on their own. Then you started flame baiting and trolling me.
    edited July 2015
    This post was not nice!
    Post edited by pwlaughingtrendy on