test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you angry when someone posts negative feedback about Star Trek Online?

anappleaday2anappleaday2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User

Are you angry when someone posts negative feedback about Star Trek Online? 63 votes

Yes
7%
rickeyredshirta3001lsegnsavanti1nxmike 5 votes
No
58%
tk79sabrevt1100tymerstokimonyreximuzgulberatyreodredflyingfinncrypticarmsmanstuntpilothyplkjwashingtonkayajaydenniskr87blitzy4arabaturarchitect13kyle223catrygelx16tacofangs 37 votes
I'm a giraffe
33%
kojirohellfireshpoksgavinrunebladedabelgravealexraptorrspyralpegacyonnynikguljarolthemetalstickmansmokeybacon90psyman87phenomenaut01angrybobhkodachikunoiconiansghostmatteranazondamarkhawkmanxiaoping88tomaswille 21 votes

Comments

• Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 980 Arc User
    I'm a giraffe
    Nope. Why would I care what someone else thinks?
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I'm a Targ. I feel misrepresented in your poll 79bee7dc35d387d4659f69408e9f6572.gif
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    I'm a giraffe
    you're racist against epohhs mr OP
  • Options
    rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    No
    Not at all. Positive feedback is reserved for facebook where there is only the "Like" option and no Dislike.
  • Options
    dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    I'm a giraffe
    One person's positive feedback is another person's negative feedback, and sometimes it's not even relevant.
  • Options
    lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yes
    Constructive feedback? Absolutely not.

Negative feedback? Hell yes!

People just need to be grateful that this game even exists for the greatest Science Fiction universe ever. They should be patient in realizing that things always change and whatever is currently popular (BFAW ROFLSTOMP cruisers) will be old news and replaced in a few months by something else. People should realize nothing is perfect and allow Cryptic grace to fix/ change the game for the better while offering constructive criticism when neccesary. And perhaps most importantly, they should judge changes to the game on how they benefit EVERYONE and the game in general long term, because long term is how Cryptic thinks. By those criteria alone, Delta Rising was in fact fantastic in that it opened up the game to infinite new possibilities in build and play styles, it killed the reign of A2B and has added ways to make old Stuff useful again. Spec grinding is a small annoyance in comparison to the benefits.

Anyways, DR was just an example of something many claimed to hate because they couldn't appreciate the big picture view Cryptic has of the games future. the point is, players think they know best but they really don't. They're only interested in their own selfish needs/ wants but even if they did truly care about the game they are not qualified to criticize Cryptic for things they can't even begin to understand. It's like me being a judge on Iron Chef. I can say what I do and don't like but I am by no means a skilled critic and therefore my opinions are utterly worthless. Opinions generally are worthless because they are biased. For example, I hate squash so any dishes they might make with squash I would dislike. Doesn't mean it was a bad dish it just means I hate squash.

People need to get over themselves and just look towards the future.

/end giant rant
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    No
    No, I am not bothered by a factual negative review.

Flaming annoys me, whatever side it's on, since it completely destroys the credibility of the review even though the rant might make use of facts. Why should I trust something so vile that I feel like I need a hazmat suit to be around it?

But to me, that's an entirely separate question to whether a negative review in and of itself bothers me.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    Usually it's more about where folks post things than anything...like, I still can't get why folks do RP in the various gameplay forums. You know, the sections of the forums that say:

Federation Gameplay
    This is where you post your feedback on Federation-exclusive content.

Klingon Gameplay
    This is where you post your feedback on Klingon-exclusive content.

Romulan Gameplay
    This is where you post your feedback on Romulan-exclusive content.

Yet folks post RP stuff there. You know, when there's the following section of the forums:

Captain's Table (RP)
    This sub-forum can be used for role playing on the forums. All forum rules apply.

But in the end, it makes sense for so many of the problems the game has...with them being related to the players.
  • Options
    spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    I'm a giraffe
    I'm a giraffe flying an Excelsior.
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
  • Options
    originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    OP Stop asking loaded questions.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    No
    No. Because i don't like Star Trek Online.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm a giraffe
    Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I might wish some of the negative ones were less insulting, but often the person has a point under the snark and cynicism.

Also, fun fact, about the maximum height for a thrown object is 16 giraffes.
    https://what-if.xkcd.com/44/
  • Options
    medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    If I was that sensitive to negativity, I shouldn't be on the Internet... or living life in general.
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    No
    I think it's good to try and push The Powers That Be to improve things. If we keep our mouths shut and don't voice our opinions, they'll just do what those bizarrely selected few, want and not necessarily what we do.
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure I posted in this thread or yet another like it.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,421 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I'm a Targ. I feel misrepresented in your poll 79bee7dc35d387d4659f69408e9f6572.gif

Miouw, imagine how i feel.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    No

Same lazy troll who's been ban-evading for the last week.
  • Options
    sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    No
    I feel that everyone has a right to say what they feel. And I don't mind reading what they have to say about the game. I only really get upset when they move commenting about the game to personal attacks towards actual people. At that point they are no longer giving feedback about the game.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Miouw, imagine how i feel.

No love for minorities. I suggest an inquiry for PWEs equal opportunities commissioner c7c48c24933a6881f52cf57836fd391f.gif

lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    I'm a giraffe

OP's been account hopping and making stupid polls ever since he discovered his main account was unbanned during the forum switchover and got himself rebanned almost immediately for starting the same TRIBBLE that got him banned in the first place.

Not sure what he thinks he's proving other than he's currently the laughingstock of the community.

I don't know about the laughingstock. There are so many others who deserve that distinction. Not that I'm naming names.

But this poll did amuse me.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    No

OP's been account hopping and making stupid polls ever since he discovered his main account was unbanned during the forum switchover and got himself rebanned almost immediately for starting the same TRIBBLE that got him banned in the first place.

Not sure what he thinks he's proving other than he's currently the laughingstock of the community.

Facing the fact that I am about to be hypocritical, but here it is.
    As long as people post in these stupid topics, the more he will do it. He is trolling the community. And the best way to deal with it is to not play his game.

Now I will walk my butt out of here.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    not always only when its unjustified as 90% of the time it is.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    kristaswiftkristaswift Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    No
    Doesn't bother me and apparently nor to many people around here either :p
  • Options
    dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    No
    sisteric wrote: »
    Facing the fact that I am about to be hypocritical, but here it is.
    As long as people post in these stupid topics, the more he will do it. He is trolling the community. And the best way to deal with it is to not play his game.

Now I will walk my butt out of here.

Well, you gotta admit, he's got some points here. Regarding how many people freaked out in the DR polls, this poll right here is a justified question.

Further, it's a shame that cryptic/pwe is closing any DR polls. Afraid of anyone reading the truth about your beloved DR cryptic/pwe? I guess chinese companies don't like critical voices.

I'm not goin to start those polls, but hell, do I enjoy seeing them. You should tell them every day of your life how much you hate DR and everyone involved, just to make sure they finally understand and revert all changes. Considering how much damage was dealt to STO since S9.5, there should be way more sh*tstorms around. Cryptic has broken almost every promise they gave us, it's just natural that we slap our anger in their digital faces every day!
This discussion has been closed.