test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shield Regeneration Formula

thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
Is this formula accurate?

If 25 < Power Level ≤ 125, then Regeneration = (1 + (Power Level - 50) / 25) x (Base Regeneration at 50). If Power Level ≤ 25 , then Regeneration = 0

Comments

• shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    I don't think shield regen, is 0@25, I would imagine it is 50% of base value, since 50 is considered base regen value, while effectively 125 would equal 250% of base value!

tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well, according to the formula that's what it is. And 125 is 400%. Essentially 4% change for each point removed from 50. Or as the wiki says...

The regeneration value is modified by your shield power. At 50 shield power, you have the number listed in a shield's description. For every point above 50, you shield regeneration value increases by 4 %, and for every below, it reduces by 4 %.

and...

Note that the first formula doesn't apply below 25 power - you would get a negative regeneration then, but this is not applied to your ship. Otherwise, you would lose shields at Full Impulse. Only if you are using an ability that brings your shield power to 0 do you lose shield capacity. [4]
    Example: If your shields regenerate 100 every 6 seconds at a power level of 50, they'll regenerate 200 at 75 power, 300 at 100 power, and 400 at 125 power.

So I guess what I'm asking is has anyone found a way to test this and actually tested it, or seen more recent Dev Smack Talk than the Wiki?

EDIT: TY for the stab at it though!
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    thissler wrote: »
    Well, according to the formula that's what it is. And 125 is 400%. Essentially 4% change for each point removed from 50. Or as the wiki says...

The regeneration value is modified by your shield power. At 50 shield power, you have the number listed in a shield's description. For every point above 50, you shield regeneration value increases by 4 %, and for every below, it reduces by 4 %.

and...

Note that the first formula doesn't apply below 25 power - you would get a negative regeneration then, but this is not applied to your ship. Otherwise, you would lose shields at Full Impulse. Only if you are using an ability that brings your shield power to 0 do you lose shield capacity. [4]
    Example: If your shields regenerate 100 every 6 seconds at a power level of 50, they'll regenerate 200 at 75 power, 300 at 100 power, and 400 at 125 power.

So I guess what I'm asking is has anyone found a way to test this and actually tested it, or seen more recent Dev Smack Talk than the Wiki?

EDIT: TY for the stab at it though!

The only info I myself can find, agrees with what you said but, without proper testing and/or, a Dev comfirmation, it is hard to tell if it is indeed accurate!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    Well thanks for checking around I appreciate it! I guess I'll just run with that formula for now.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    I remember this being an issue when LoR came out. That's when we went from 25 base power to 15. I'm sure the wiki has never been updated. Maybe someone can hit Borticus up on twitter?