test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

cryptic do something with spamers - ec sellers spam

czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
in chat i spend more time puting them on ignore list these days that i read chat alone.

Comments

• josan369josan369 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    It could be worse. I remember when they were on the Forums spamming that EC Site. But I have noticed more of them in Sector Space over the past month or so. Perhaps it's because of the Revamp that took down the Sector Space walls that we are noticing them more and more.
  • praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    The best thing that you can do for yourself in-game is to turn off Zone chat.
  • jocelyn2bruneljocelyn2brunel Member Posts: 10
    It would be better if they infiltrated the most popular chat channels and also massively spam their website exactly like how the gold spammers did on ArcheAge where no one could talk at all:

bJqBtwo.jpg
  • abdhchheihidabdhchheihid Member Posts: 2
    It's nothing. Some times I wish the gold spammers were a little more agressive and would actually infiltrate all the popular chat channels and spam as much as the gold spammers did on ArcheAge where no one could talk at all:

bJqBtwo.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    What can they do? The problem with being a F2P game is anyone can make an account. The Gold Sellers probably have a ton of throwaway accounts lined up for when they do get a ban.

Best option is to just ignore them or turn Zone Chat off entirely.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    What can they do?
    lots of things they can ... a vast amount of knowledge about squealching repetitive text

why do you even post that if you don't know what the options are
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Because I'm NOT someone who knows these things. Besides... I think they tried, and the spammers worked around it by replacing letters with symbols to replicate letters like \/\/ for W.

Turning off Zone Chat is a viable option because then you don't have to see that at all.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The Devs already know what text they use to work around it, it has been said by many that a automated system should slap a ban when the exact same text pattern is used.

And, by exact same text pattern, I mean exact same as in length/text type/wording.

Not some system that looks for only a single use of any of it, I mean exact wording, word for word, text for text, text length for text length.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    I have reported a number of gold sellers in game, and everytime I get 2 emails from Cryptic, one telling me they are aware of it, and to place the person on ignore. The 2nd email I always get is the customer satisfaction survey. So now, I get spammed more from Cryptic than the gold sellers in the first place.

I personally figure, if Cryptic is not activity stamping out Gold sellers in game, gold selling is not illegal or a violation of the ToS.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    we had gold sellers on Champions a few months ago. they got heckled, ignored while still in the tutorial, attacked. (yes people found ways to kill them)
    Then we had the people going on in zone about how expensive they were- anti advertising.
    They vanished after a month, shortly after the address and satellite picture of their website was posted m the forums.
    That one was in Arizona.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    chaelk wrote: »
    we had gold sellers on Champions a few months ago. they got heckled, ignored while still in the tutorial, attacked. (yes people found ways to kill them)
    Then we had the people going on in zone about how expensive they were- anti advertising.
    They vanished after a month, shortly after the address and satellite picture of their website was posted m the forums.
    That one was in Arizona.

Seems legit...
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    I just report them, and move on.