test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Romulus: Overgrown Caves, force field generator not highlighting

captainofthewisecaptainofthewise Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
New Romulus: Overgrown Caves (Paehhos Caves).
ticket ID #2,911,017

The Tholian force field generator located at the entrance of the fourth cavern does not highlight or in any way allow you to interact with it. This makes mission progression impossible.

I have tried:
  • -interacting with all previous abjects in case there was a possible trigger I missed
  • -beaming out, dropping mission, reacquiring mission, and then reentering the cave
  • -logging out

(I have a screenshot, but I haven't found a way to link it.)
Post edited by captainofthewise on

Comments

• Options
    painfullylargepainfullylarge Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm having the same issue. Dropping/reacquiring mission doesn't fix. I'm stuck at the same force-field and I cannot disable it. It has worked previously, no idea why it's not working this time.
  • Options
    painfullylargepainfullylarge Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Update:

I've tried again today. I've gotten 3 more texts, and it happened again. When I played yesterday, I was able to get 1 more text after dropping and picking back up--so I'm wondering if it might be tied to the specific # of text in that particular map. (I have 2-8 right now, so I'm suspecting text #1 might be the problem).

I'll keep at it and post more if I find something else.
  • Options
    dwalker1701dwalker1701 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I just ran into the same problem today.
  • Options
    ardenwolfeardenwolfe Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Having this exact, same issue. Dropped the mission, logged out, tried to repeat . . . and nothing. Apparently, no fixed. :(

If I had to guess, I think this is an attempt to stop players from resetting the instance so they can farm the associated achievement. That's what I attempted to do. Once I found the tablet, one I already got, I transported out, and then tried the instant again.

That's when the force field wouldn't interact.

Hopefully, it's simply a time-gated issue, and I'll have to wait 20 hours or so. Guess I'll see tomorrow. . . .

Edit: After ten minutes, if you drop the mission, the instance should reset. I also reported it to a GM, so it's possible that the GM also reset it.
    Post edited by ardenwolfe on