test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Even terrain - desert world

Hello,

I am making some serious headways with my first foundry mission but have run into a snag. I am trying to add military buildings, but can't find a good even terrain - preferably a desert / uninhabitable world. Any suggestions?

Comments

• lordarathronlordarathron Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    Check ones that have "clearing" in the title if you want to put buildings in without worrying about lots of height positioning woes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    I once built a platform for a building to make it look like it had a basement built into the side of a hill. But I'm pretty sure there's a good desert terrain map in there somewhere (don't remember the title).
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    I used nopada myself,using a foundation block set at -4.6 zero altitude and buildings set at about 10 zero altitude in order to build on a level surface. you might be able to build a little lower to the ground then I did, but I was trying to build for a 2 level city so I built up against one of the hills
  • stokered2stokered2 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I ended up using a clearing-type terrain. It's a bit small and i might use something else for the next chapter, but for now it definately works :D
  • stokered2stokered2 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    castsbugc wrote: »
    I used nopada myself,using a foundation block set at -4.6 zero altitude and buildings set at about 10 zero altitude in order to build on a level surface. you might be able to build a little lower to the ground then I did, but I was trying to build for a 2 level city so I built up against one of the hills

Are there limits on how many building blocks that can be used? I know NPC's are limited, but for level layout design...?
  • borrowedtuneborrowedtune Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    stokered2 wrote: »
    Are there limits on how many building blocks that can be used? I know NPC's are limited, but for level layout design...?

Yes. If I remember correctly, it's 64. That's any asset from the buildings tab... not just the actual buildings themselves. Many of those assets in that tab (like platforms) also appear in the details tab. If you use the version from the details tab, it will not count towards your max numbers of buildings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    stokered2 wrote: »

Yes. If I remember correctly, it's 64. That's any asset from the buildings tab... not just the actual buildings themselves. Many of those assets in that tab (like platforms) also appear in the details tab. If you use the version from the details tab, it will not count towards your max numbers of buildings.

Not certain about that, actually. They seem to have increased the custom costume limit since season 10, at least.