test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is Cryptic trying to drive me nuts?

Whilst I really like the new content, missions and rewards like "Time in a bottle" etc. But really do we have to do it 3 or 4 times to collect the rewards. I have 20 odd characters and if I want them each to have the rewards that's 60 to 8 times I have to do a mission.

I now only limit it to the ones I need the reward on because the mission becomes soooooo booooring. And now in some of the scenes you cant esc out of so it is more tedious.

is it just me or are others of the same opinion.

Comments

• Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    That's the choice of having so many characters!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    Hate to say this, but it's our own fault for having so many characters. As a person in a similar boat, just delegate the primary characters and do the others for later.

Aside from Blood of the Ancients, the other Iconian episodes can be blitzed (passing the dialogue) and done in less than 30 minutes. So that does help with alts. But makes you wonder if there could be a better means of unlocking the rewards. Perhaps as account unlocks?
  • Options
    tomaswilletomaswille Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    That's the choice of having so many characters!

Badumm tssss...

And he is right. Multiple characters means multiple efford? People decide to grind. Isn't grinding doing the same thing over and over.. and over.. and over .. over.. and over..

over..

over again???

These missions are no different in your case. Hey man, be glad you have a storyline along your grinding ;)

giphy.gif
  • Options
    kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Yeah i dont get it either lol. If you want to have so many alts active, and every shiny in each of em, you need to make more efforts. Its simply logic. But we cant ask cryptic to make things account unlock every time or this will be a total mess in the end lol. I mean, things need to be limited in some way, always.
  • Options
    lobstercatlobstercat Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    I acknowledge and know having multiply toons is a choice and cryptic somewhat sent people down that path with the introduction of the Delta Recruit. Even with 1 or two toons is get the same old thing. Probably what I meant and should have added is that with each mission in the advanced dates could have a slight difference from the first giving you something to look forward too in each future mission.

• Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    My only issue, is that the majority of FE's, don't offer really any choice variety. It's mostly do this, ask this, answer this and, all of it leads to the exact same results. I guess what I would like to see, is more plot twists per FE.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    While I understand that they're not developing as much, or as hard, or with as many people on the team, I have to agree that this just feels lazy. More so, given that the rewards aren't unlocked per account or anything to alleviate the grind. New content is great, but not if you're forc.... "Encouraged" to play them repeatedly to extend the play time, rather than just putting out a new one shot mission for each item to earn. If you're going to do that, don't time-gate it. It's just lazy. Kind of like a few of the other missions in the queue, where there is only one objective, and they have to repeat it several times. It's lazy.

I understand that making games is hard. Things go wrong, and making expenses off of free content is something that just doesn't happen, but still... Don't just halfass it. Not when you're already known for halfassing things, because then these missions are just quarterassed...

With that said, if you're going to make more than one character per class, or faction, then yeah, at some point, having to run a mission that many times is just as much on yourself. Good on you for supporting a game you love, but not so much when that game likes to slap you every now and then.
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    It's entirely optional. The rewards are convenient if you actually need them (who can say no to a Mk II or Mk IV weapon or equipment that is freely upgradable to Mk XII on an undergeared alt?).

But they aren't the old FEs with their actual unique equipment, like the Orphidan Cane or Shard of Possibilities. Now if those old FEs were released for a limited time, those would be worth the grind.

Heck, this FE would have been more worthwhile if they offered a replica Nagus Stick that granted discounts at Ferengi Vendors including the Lobi store while equipped.
  • Options
    I have to agree that this just feels lazy.

Erm, dont make me start saying things about cryptic that are obvious since years ago... lol.
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    Stuff like this is why I've made it a personal rule to preserve 'continuity' when leveling alts. Most of my alts have not progressed the storyline enough to play the latest missions 'in continuity', therefore they don't play them. I'll get to 'em when I get to 'em. If that means I miss out on a few shinies, oh well.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    stobg2015 wrote: »
    Stuff like this is why I've made it a personal rule to preserve 'continuity' when leveling alts. Most of my alts have not progressed the storyline enough to play the latest missions 'in continuity', therefore they don't play them. I'll get to 'em when I get to 'em. If that means I miss out on a few shinies, oh well.

I'm the same way. my alts will do the FEs when they get to them. It feels almost like a mind TRIBBLE to do "Sphere of Influence" before finishing tier 5 ROM rep and actually doing the power plant mission. though I will admit to sneaking my way into the dyson sphere ASAP for dyson rep marks.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    I just wish more of the set items didn't require running the same mission more than once. for instance, operation gamma doesn't really need to have 2 parts of a set.
  • Options
    neomodious wrote: »
    I just wish more of the set items didn't require running the same mission more than once. for instance, operation gamma doesn't really need to have 2 parts of a set.

Im fine with repeating specific missions that are worthy the effort. But what drives me nuts is the need to "eat" every cutscene without being able to skip it. Ridiculous.