test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Champions Online User title removal Q

Maybe I'm just too lazy right now but ...

Has anyone found a way to remove this title from their profile?

Comments

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    i am assuming the first game played through arc is the one its picked on the forum title? in this case all those years ago the first game you installed through arc was champions andthen played first?

still remember the nostalgia of pre f2p co, those were fun times.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    CO is still fun, but its been abandoned so long players have long since run out of things to do. If making hundreds of unique characters isn't enough for you, CO will eventually dissapoint.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User

Believe there's a discussion over in the Arc section of the forums where folks have complained about various titles for various games that many folks don't even remember having played...where the PWDF have suggested folks show some patience. /shrug
    gradii wrote: »
    CO is still fun, but its been abandoned so long players have long since run out of things to do. If making hundreds of unique characters isn't enough for you, CO will eventually dissapoint.

remember when TT and vibora bay was especially fun the after and then before, then the reason for the after and that wacky time machine. before that was the LC under the water, giant marines walking on the seafloor after the actual crisis past and monster island chasing down a mechanical dinosaur xD

all that fizzled out after the changes came in, i am not a fan of it, stil lnot a fan of it. its been years since i last went back and played the dozen or so character i had on the account on co. but enough of that.
  • nyasayanyasaya Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    I never played much less install the game, yet i have the title. :/

They also need to do with the oversized sigs people are having and instead increase the avatar size to 100x100.
    LEmWhkGA.gif

remember when TT and vibora bay was especially fun the after and then before, then the reason for the after and that wacky time machine. before that was the LC under the water, giant marines walking on the seafloor after the actual crisis past and monster island chasing down a mechanical dinosaur xD

all that fizzled out after the changes came in, i am not a fan of it, stil lnot a fan of it. its been years since i last went back and played the dozen or so character i had on the account on co. but enough of that.

All of the content you mentioned still exists though. Although the lemurian crisis is bugged so you can't get in without a full team.

Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    I have never played any ARC game other than STO, and have no plans to ever do so. I unfortunately installed STO from ARC before I discovered the Collectors' Edition, but the latter at least allowed me to launch from the original STO launcher instead of ARC. How they decided I was a CO user is totally beyond comprehension... :/
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
    All of the content you mentioned still exists though. Although the lemurian crisis is bugged so you can't get in without a full team.

but as mentioned, the changes they made post f2p i am not a fan of. but that wont prelude the possiblity to heading back to it at some point. i just hope its not another casual glance like it was almost a year back.
  • kentaurussskentaurusss Member Posts: 2 Arc User

Believe there's a discussion over in the Arc section of the forums where folks have complained about various titles for various games that many folks don't even remember having played...where the PWDF have suggested folks show some patience. /shrug

Combined with the fact that I no longer have to log into Paypal with my own info to purchase Zen (Arc magically does it for me) and in the wake of the compromise of federal data by the Chinese recently, am I the only one that finds the above quote adding a brick to the disturbing wall of shadiness evidence on the part of PWE?
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Also never installed nor ever played CO.

Now would be a good time to actually instate our due titles that some of us have paid for, but have never received for months. Mine would be Voyager from the DR pack. This would be a direct example of false advertising by failing to provide everything that's listed. Sure, it's a drop in an ocean bug compared to an unplayable game for so many, myself included at certain points in time, but it's worth mentioning.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 3,162 Arc User

but as mentioned, the changes they made post f2p i am not a fan of. but that wont prelude the possiblity to heading back to it at some point. i just hope its not another casual glance like it was almost a year back.

It's ridiculously dumbed down now. If you are remembering the challenge of facing say Shadow Destroyer or Therakial the Bright, well that's long since gone even on Elite difficulty. And the game has been abandoned. The best they do is token updates, otherwise just a new costume every month or so is the best you can hope for.

Champions was sadly thrown under the bus in favor of the licenses.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Compiled List of Bugs, Issues, and QOL Concerns for Champions Online
    TerraSig_zpsbssrlxmv.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited June 2015

It's ridiculously dumbed down now. If you are remembering the challenge of facing say Shadow Destroyer or Therakial the Bright, well that's long since gone even on Elite difficulty. And the game has been abandoned. The best they do is token updates, otherwise just a new costume every month or so is the best you can hope for.

Champions was sadly thrown under the bus in favor of the licenses.

hehe, i remember before the xp loop was closed off in one of the episodics arcs with albert zerstoiten in another reality and the shadow destroyer was an evil james harmon that you get into one of the destroyer droids going around causing carnage and chaos to get back. of course the hero of the day was griswald who in the co reality is an old man dreaming of better days, you see him in the old tutorial but in the other reality was this big muscly brute with a backpack and fishermans hat.

and back in the day waiting for TT elite, that was fun trying to keep out of therakiels reach. the reward at the end for his sword costume and some other trinkets was fine, oh and the wings.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Combined with the fact that I no longer have to log into Paypal with my own info to purchase Zen (Arc magically does it for me) and in the wake of the compromise of federal data by the Chinese recently, am I the only one that finds the above quote adding a brick to the disturbing wall of shadiness evidence on the part of PWE?

If your worried about this you can login to the paypal website and set it up to always require a login.

EDIT: You can also view your transaction history through the paypal website so you have evidence if PWE is taking money without your permission.
    edited June 2015

Aside from the removal of certain rewards, the changes were overall positive, allowing for far greater build and concept freedom.

Problem is they never really finished the update, and enemy AI and combat ability remains as stupidly lame as at/near launch, making some parts of the game boring for anyone with some damage resistance and a heal.

The game hasn't been dumbed down at all, but it hasn't got any smarter, which is now a bigger problem.

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Aside from the removal of certain rewards, the changes were overall positive, allowing for far greater build and concept freedom.

Problem is they never really finished the update, and enemy AI and combat ability remains as stupidly lame as at/near launch, making some parts of the game boring for anyone with some damage resistance and a heal.

The game hasn't been dumbed down at all, but it hasn't got any smarter, which is now a bigger problem.

It actually was. Bosses and mob damage were reduced multiple times. They reduced it again with the Reloaded update. Bosses use to hit a lot harder than they do now. Shadow Destroyer and Therakiel, for instance, use to be dangerous to people who weren't paying attention. Now they aren't even a challenge to a soloist. Hell, you want a prime example of superior dumbing down look no further than the Dracul fight in Therakiel's Temple. The boss use to actually have phases to watch out for and a bite attack and his bat form, but all he does now is swing his sword, he does nothing else, and the staking to reduce his regeneration isn't even required anymore.

The changes also were not positive, they actually made many build choices superfluous, even more so than they ever have been, and the constant introduction of powers that just continually add more buffs while mobs continually do not change or are nerfed into oblivion so this over all strength makes for the problem.

And much more was wrong with On Alert than they simply did not finish it. On Alert flat out broke systems in the game, and only made the issues being experienced with the over injection of power with no challenge to match it worse. The constant nerfing of mob difficulty then a super power boost on top of that, and the underlying code underneath being mangled to the point that Champions is a mess.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Compiled List of Bugs, Issues, and QOL Concerns for Champions Online
    TerraSig_zpsbssrlxmv.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited June 2015
    It actually was. Bosses and mob damage were reduced multiple times. They reduced it again with the Reloaded update. Bosses use to hit a lot harder than they do now. Shadow Destroyer and Therakiel, for instance, use to be dangerous to people who weren't paying attention. Now they aren't even a challenge to a soloist. Hell, you want a prime example of superior dumbing down look no further than the Dracul fight in Therakiel's Temple. The boss use to actually have phases to watch out for and a bite attack and his bat form, but all he does now is swing hiss word, he does nothing else, and the staking to reduce his regeneration isn't even required anymore.

Wow really? I fully support returning their old mechanics.

• bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    I want to be a "Torchlight User" if I may... thank you.
    (will try run TL2 thru ARC... brb)
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I know for a fact I've never played Champions Online, yet apparently I'm a 'Champions Online User'...

Hell, I go into my games list (in my account details) and STO is the only game listed there, so it really makes no sense where the forums have even picked up Champions...
    Post edited by imruined on
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User