test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ship design?

kxawzitan#2738 kxawzitan Member Posts: 10 Arc User
I have an upgraded Multi-Mission Reconnaissance ship - with all the special consoles
with 2 Heavy Dual Anti-proton cannons, a cluster Tri-Cobalt launcher, for the forward weapons, and for the
rear weapons i have 2 omni directional weapons, one cutting beam and an Anti-proton beam and a Transphasic cluster torp launcher,
My Deflector, Shield and Impulse Engines are all the Dyson set,
a normal warp core (soon to change),
I then have for consoles i think its Para-Metallic plating only to nullify most Plasma damage as for the Tactical and Science consoles are all universal consoles,
I have delta flyers for shuttles

My damage cap with my energy weapons can reach around 2 - 3k per hit
the Tri-Cobalt cluster torp can cap around 30k per mine
and my Transphasic cluster torp does up to 3 - 5k per mine
that's with my damage buffs and enemy debuffs in effect

Any idea for a better ship or whether this is a fair design
Kxawzìtan
STO Veteran, 7 years

Kaltxì ma tsmuk!
Oeru sunu Star Trek Online nìtxan! Oe tsauvan alu Star Trek Online salmeiyi akrrta zìsìt amevozamvomun. Kehe, oe ke lu lekye'ung, fìlì'fyari oe poltxeie!

Hello friend!
I like Star Trek Online very much! I have played STO since 2012. No, I am not crazy, I speak that language!

Bashing events like there's no tomorrow
Making marks against my foes!
Through darkness came the light!
Kxamlä tìvawm ma'u atan!

Comments

• Options
    gumpy24gumpy24 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Simply put, your toprs give out alot of spike damage but apart from that i see that your build is all over. You'd be best sticking to either Cannons with turrets aft, maybe the KCB Aft too and a Particle emission or Grav torp Fore ( both good as they leave DoT effects and the grav also syneergises amazingly witha grav well build). Or you can settle for four beams and either an Omni center aft or torpedos both fore and aft.

As for your set choice. the dyson is amazing but the main drawback is the fact it lets soo much damage through, though this can be countered by stacking damage resist and healing. The three piece solanae set is a good option for sci focused ships as it's boosting alot of the stats a sci ship would need and also boasts resilient shielding and a powerful Stuructural ingetrity field siphon piece passive that chance/heals damage you do. Similar to the iconian rep tier II trait.

Console wise the three piece Vesta set can stay but id suggest a Conductive RCS and particle field exciter whenever you can get the as they are both powerful consoles and have powerful heal/shield heal bonuses. Tac consoles that boost AP damage is a must and sci consoles that boost either shield cap or part gens would be best too.

The delta flyers are ok but theyre only useful when the tachyon beams all fire, dpeneding if you have access to Tier 5 fleet id recommend the Yellowstones or elite peregrines.

[Edit: Sorry for any grammer or spelling mistakes, I hope youll understand everything ive mentioned.]
  • Options
    kxawzitan#2738 kxawzitan Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Thanks for the information ill see that some of it will be put to use.
    Kxawzìtan
    STO Veteran, 7 years

Kaltxì ma tsmuk!
    Oeru sunu Star Trek Online nìtxan! Oe tsauvan alu Star Trek Online salmeiyi akrrta zìsìt amevozamvomun. Kehe, oe ke lu lekye'ung, fìlì'fyari oe poltxeie!

Hello friend!
    I like Star Trek Online very much! I have played STO since 2012. No, I am not crazy, I speak that language!

Bashing events like there's no tomorrow
    Making marks against my foes!
    Through darkness came the light!
    Kxamlä tìvawm ma'u atan!