test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Less ships, more accessories

dcboy57dcboy57 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
Recent addition of ships is getting a bit much. Maybe adding more uniforms, weapons, bridge officers, weapons, interiors etc? Thank you.

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They've given up on the purely cosmetic stuff quite a while ago.
    Long, long ago ( 'bout 3 years) we had buyable ship skins but since that didn't make enough money for them they attached them to the fleet versions which are now character only.
    Same goes for most other cosmetic stuff, didn't sell enough back then so they gave up and won't continue on it.
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    The great thing about the Kobali ship, was that you got a Universal Console you could use on ANYTHING...and that's what I want more of. During the Summer and Winter Events, instead of more and more ships, which they'll fly for about five-minutes as a novelty, how about a really amazing console to use on our existing ones?
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Fly as a novelty? My Nandi will be a permanent addition to my regular play fleet filling a specific role. Hard core battle my Galaxy X, speed attacks my Risian Corvette, and exchange access in sector space, my Nandi.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Fly as a novelty? My Nandi will be a permanent addition to my regular play fleet filling a specific role. Hard core battle my Galaxy X, speed attacks my Risian Corvette, and exchange access in sector space, my Nandi.

So the Nandi provides the same access to most people's needs essentially for free?

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    Nandi is a novelty; but a useful one, as it has full Exchange/Bank/Mail access along with a Ferengi DOFF Assignment Manager and a Dabo table if you feel like gambling.

But I do agree we need more cosmetic items. At least sell them in the Bundles that are so popular. Sell us a series of Ship Mirror Skin bundles (3-6 skins for ships that don't already have a Mirror Box ship to take the skin from). A modest 1000 Zen would be reasonable.

Sell us a Tal Shiar/Imperial Romulan attire bundle, complete with unique-looking Imperial-themed weapons, similar to the DS9 Bundle. Or sell us NPC wear bundles by area, like the Risian bundles with some cosmetic Risian styles (like this) not obtainable normally.

Still not good enough? Fine. Sell race+clothing bundles. Sell us Risian race + clothing bundles. Sell Lifers the option to use Liberated Borg races besides Human/Romulan/Klingon (in bundles; say LB Bundle 1 unlocks L.Borg Reman, Gorn, and Vulcan). Sell a Ferengi (KDF) race + Ferengi normal wear bundle (available to all to wear; but fancier wear left as Lobi items).

In fact, just sell us access rights to additional customization options that's already available in the Foundry. The stuff is already there; it's just a matter of unlocking it for our account's personal use. Heck, charge 200 straight up to fully unlock the customization options found in the Foundry for our regular accounts, with some restrictions (such as Omega Quietus and Reaper Armor variants being tied to new Accolades for Omega Reputation).
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Nandi is a novelty; but a useful one, as it has full Exchange/Bank/Mail access along with a Ferengi DOFF Assignment Manager and a Dabo table if you feel like gambling.

But I do agree we need more cosmetic items. At least sell them in the Bundles that are so popular. Sell us a series of Ship Mirror Skin bundles (3-6 skins for ships that don't already have a Mirror Box ship to take the skin from). A modest 1000 Zen would be reasonable.

Sell us a Tal Shiar/Imperial Romulan attire bundle, complete with unique-looking Imperial-themed weapons, similar to the DS9 Bundle. Or sell us NPC wear bundles by area, like the Risian bundles with some cosmetic Risian styles (like this) not obtainable normally.

Still not good enough? Fine. Sell race+clothing bundles. Sell us Risian race + clothing bundles. Sell Lifers the option to use Liberated Borg races besides Human/Romulan/Klingon (in bundles; say LB Bundle 1 unlocks L.Borg Reman, Gorn, and Vulcan). Sell a Ferengi (KDF) race + Ferengi normal wear bundle (available to all to wear; but fancier wear left as Lobi items).

In fact, just sell us access rights to additional customization options that's already available in the Foundry. The stuff is already there; it's just a matter of unlocking it for our account's personal use. Heck, charge 200 straight up to fully unlock the customization options found in the Foundry for our regular accounts, with some restrictions (such as Omega Quietus and Reaper Armor variants being tied to new Accolades for Omega Reputation).

Most definitely more cosmetic items. Many of us would spend zen on these frivolous items. I know beyond any doubt I would, I love having things to customize and play with.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
    Regardless of the race you're locked into, imagine if you could go into sickbay and get cosmetic surgery...look like a Bolian, a Vidian or even have a sex change like Quark did.
    Regardless of the race you're locked into, imagine if you could go into sickbay and get cosmetic surgery...look like a Bolian, a Vidian or even have a sex change like Quark did.
  • celiea32celiea32 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I do agree with ya guys cosmetic changes or additions needs to come back I have seen alot of nice cosmetic stuff but some of the stuff don't or dosn't look right hence fixxing it. What I propose is that they need to Hire a team for cosmetic stuff fixxing and adding new cosmetics Unless they do have cosmetic staff they just stop fixxing them.