test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do You like the new forums?

Comments

• bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    I was a meh, but after adding Stylish to Maxthon 4 and adding the custom styles ppl have been making that's changed to a hell yeah
  • infinitytime888infinitytime888 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    The forum we had was fine, it's just for reading/typing text. I wish the time and money allotted for this would of been put to fixing some bugs, it's infested pretty bad right now. These forums are gonna cost a monthly fee and they just laid people off. O.O
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    Oh god no! I hate it! and i can't unsee what i just saw it's horrible make it stop!!!
    the loss of a Dev tracker is HUGE for me (I know it can be done with Vanilla as on the Cloud Imperium Games RSI Star Citizen site - there IS a Dev Post Tracker on the main page); and I think it just shows PWE excising the final thing that made Cryptic (new and old) unique in promoting direct Dev interaction with a game's playerbase. <--- Something I'm sure PWE finds annoying as they'd rather just have the marketing blogs pimping the latest buyable shiney in the RMT store.

perhaps they'll try to restore things liek the Dev tracker for the Cryptic forums - but I doubt it. PWE talks a lot about 'community' - but if their forum layout is anything to judge that by, it's just a lot of smoke and mirrors.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Oh god no! I hate it! and i can't unsee what i just saw it's horrible make it stop!!!
    These forums are gonna cost a monthly fee and they just laid people off. O.O

So what? Even if PWE subscribes to the most expensive Vanilla plan that's only 42k per year. That's less than a single devs salary for a company that employs a couple of dozen devs and hundreds of other employees working on 17 different games.

If they subscribed to the best plan, it would be better. Since the Vanilla hosted VIP plan now provides unlimited sub forums via a singular hub. Meaning we wouldn't have all just been reduced to child boards, which is where my personal hatred of the new forums comes from. I miss being able to browse the main page and easily see if new posts have been made. Instead of having to go into each sub division to see if anything new is in that specific area... That and the lack of a dev tracker/good search function.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    So I'm thinking they only signed up for the Corporate plan for $600 a month or $7,200 per year...

That would be my guess yeah.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    I miss the mouse-over on each thread title which used to give a preview of the original post content.

this and privacy issues are my biggest problems.

• sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Meh don't really care one way or the other
    It is nice to just be able to post back on here, again...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    anyone else notice the old forums are back up today? lol
  • jocelynbruneljocelynbrunel Member Posts: 19
    Yes i love it i had a nerdgasm!!
    I'm just here for the GIFs.
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The colors are okay for most parts. Except a few of the lines that seperate things need to be a bit brighter. Can barely even noticed there is a line that splits up the comment and signature.
    I also think the linespacing between the diffrent text parts in Board Categories, and space between Boards is a bit huge, and could be reduced a bit.
    Avatars are a bit tiny when we got such a huge field for them.
    And I miss the option to color text.

Edit: Also I want to remove the "Champions Online User" under my name in the side. I mainly play STO.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    The new forums look rather chaotic in my opinion. It will take some getting used to.
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    A forum is a forum IMO it will take some time to get used to it . the ability to add extras to posts are a nice touch .
  • sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    Nah, like most of you I don't like it either. Ok, I'm not hating it that much as stated in question poll, but the previous design worked far better for me. The best forum design was one at the very beginning of STO (during open beta and before F2P). So this now is even worse downgrade and I'm not happy about it at all.
    FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
    SZ1RgUL.jpg
    SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    This is one of the worst website designs I've sen in a while. Even the basics of having page navigation where it be most useful is missing.
  • jenel79jenel79 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    This, this is actually the finished product? When I first looked at it, my initial reaction was "oh, looks like they've set up something temporary so that people can use the forums still while they set up the real thing". This looks like some Programming students first term project. They paid money for this?!
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    jenel79 wrote: »
    This, this is actually the finished product? When I first looked at it, my initial reaction was "oh, looks like they've set up something temporary so that people can use the forums still while they set up the real thing". This looks like some Programming students first term project. They paid money for this?!

Apparently the company hosting the forums allows companies to pick thier own styles.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This is a mess. 0/10, bland, gray, bad, broken, eye-searing, unnavigatable, horrific mess. It even gave me back my sig from well over a year and a half ago for no reason. Also, 2 posts? Really? Just no, no, no, no, no.

This forum is an absolute failure.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    It's truly awful. The only upside is that Signatures can now include GIFs. But that's it.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    I can't for the life of me get these new forums, it feels like things are missing and the old forum was much easier and clearer. I agree that this will put alot of people off using the forums altogether and maybe leaving the game. Since Delta Rising everything seems to be following a trend of the game dumbing down. I won't be using the forums now and others will follow
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    I can't for the life of me get these new forums, it feels like things are missing and the old forum was much easier and clearer. I agree that this will put alot of people off using the forums altogether and maybe leaving the game. Since Delta Rising everything seems to be following a trend of the game dumbing down. I won't be using the forums now and others will follow

Judging by General Discussion, forum activity has taken a massive hit.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    sumghai wrote: »
    Who knows maybe over time we will grow accustom to it. Or maybe this is part of their plan to make us use other social media to talk to us on to eventually ditch the forums. Right now http://www.reddit.com/r/sto is looking better to me.

I'm hoping that over time, hopefully sooner than later, they will customize the new forums and add more features.

Whoa, I didn't say that at all! That quote was from robdmc:
    robdmc wrote: »
    The look does not matter to me. The Functionality does. The Discussions link at the top is similar to the today's post on the old forums but I do not need to see the threads for all games. This is not the first time people hated a forum change for this game.

The original forums had an lcar feel to them. The hated the look of the forums that we just switched from. I'm sure I could get use to these forums as well if it did the things we want it to.

Who knows maybe over time we will grow accustom to it. Or maybe this is part of their plan to make us use other social media to talk to us on to eventually ditch the forums. Right now http://www.reddit.com/r/sto is looking better to me.

Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,797 Arc User
    DUwNP.gif

• captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    I can say I really don't like these new forums. And I say that with confidence since it took me four days to figure out how work around the problem to actually post on them despite being signed in the whole time. :neutral:
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I don't like these new forums much at all. Sure, we'll all get used to them eventually, but for an upgrade, it looks and feels like we've gone back to the stone age. The layout, input, navigation and colouring is just awful.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • asterelleasterelle Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    I'm still pretty disoriented and find myself wandering into games I don't play.
  • dd1mdd1m Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Needs some work to be honest, navigation around the site is pretty poor.

Vanilla is actually a pretty good description, it's frankly quite basic
    8ebd135a27dd1eb31f8ce7dff0bfba3a1f1467ac_full.jpg
  • tigrovaya13akulatigrovaya13akula Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    I miss the mouse-over on each thread title which used to give a preview of the original post content.
    The new forums are very bad.

The only nice thing is being fancy with images, something the old boards were terrible for.

But everything else? Awful.

1. Lots and lots of useless, dead empty space on the sides of the forums with everything tightened up in the middle.

2. Posting text options are extremely limited. No text coloration, for example.

3. Wording with links embedded in them are not easily distinguishable from anything else.

4. Did you know the entire #3 point had an embedded link?

5. Going into "Toggle Full Page" for editing or making a post turns the entire goddamn screen a blinding white and you'd have to find the Ying/Yang symbol to make it black instead.

On average, these new boards are just horrible.

I agree with EVERYTHING that the 2 guys I quoted said & AND did anyone else notice that "Multi-quoting" is now much more funner (sarcasm) since there is no longer a "Multi-quote" check box; that incedently made it much LESS funner (on the Old Forums) but far easier (moar sarcasm), even though it was FAR morra easier with the "old" checkbox system.

Also, what the frak happened to the Smilelys? You know that easily identifiable list of smilely icons that was "SELF-INTUITIVE" and easier to use, & quite frankly the new drop-down list for the "NEW & IMPROVED" (sargasm again) smilely icons looks, well, just, BLAH.

• azurealli4nceazurealli4nce Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Yes i love it i had a nerdgasm!!
    I care less about graphics & more about features. Having polls like this is a good trade for some minor graphical downgrades.
    DPS-Bronze, DPS-Silver, DPS-Gold, etc. are FAKE! They were created by an outvoted minority who destroyed the original DPS channels!

Tactical Team sucked, once upon a time. I got it buffed. Don't think for a minute that Cryptic ignores forum feedback.
  • captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    The original forum actually made you feel more informed, with this its like all the new topics is cloaked
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
    voporak wrote: »
    Also, 2 posts? Really? Just no, no, no, no, no.

Odd the forum shows you have 5,472 posts. Not seeing where you get only 2 posts.

Post count doesn't get updated for some people until they made their first post after the migration completed.