test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

1 year ago

sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PvP Gameplay
This special was recorded and uploaded 1 year ago.
So much has changed since then.
PvP was very much alive and we had games every day, premade, pugmade, opvpmade, pugs, events..
Before R&D and DR killed all the fun.

Video is compilation of different teams, games, playstyles and setups
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x4c8S3Zk5c

Featuring:
-Best PUG synchro maneuver-"You have no idea what's coming"
-3sec per kill HY Ar'kif
-Best Thalaron Scimi setup ever
-Dax&Vice Squad Anomaly Team
-TRIBBLE and Butts

Was fun, all that is left is memory
Post edited by sharxtreme on

Comments

• rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Funny what one year brings.

PvP is also dying a horrible death in ESO, where Vice (mostly) went.

Funny how I check the forums once in several months and see my little Rom Vaper Shondra in a vid. XD

Memories...
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    sharxtreme wrote: »
    Featuring:

-Dax&Vice Squad Anomaly Team

Was fun, all that is left is memory

I miss those times. Admiral Vice (SS Vice) has since left the game. Seeing 3 drain Palisades render most of the other team completely defenseless brings back fond memories.

All the unnecessary placate/immunity junk that has been added since then has pretty much screwed up science ships.

You never see devs jumping into these threads and defending them adding placates and immunity when there is absolutely no need for them to even exist in a game where you can DPS your way through any PvE queue.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    patrickngo wrote: »
    The Devs think they're doing it for YOU (Well, 'us', PvP.)

this

Is what they think is 'Fun' PvP.

Seriously.

It's what Geko thinks constitutes a good game.

Game developers are a funny breed-they predicate their actions on what they would want to play/do in a game.

I saw this in action waaaay back around 2003 when I was affiliated with Fanpro/Catalyst and we were testing/reviewing the Total Warfare books. a lot of the mechanics didn't really work, and we told them they didn't really work, but they went in because the lead dev thought they were cool and awesome.

Eventually issues found in testing got fixed, but the attitude there, is a lot like the Dev attitude here toward testing-the only feedback they listen to is positive unless there's already a crisis-in the case of the Battletech products it took about a year for issues with the artillery rules to crop up, because none of the Developers actually USED combined arms or asymmetric forces in their own games, and they didn't want to hear that they'd made something that was unuseable from players who DID.

Much like Cryptic's behaviour with the Romulan Tier IV rep powers, Ionic Turbulence, Aux2Batt, FAW, Plasma Explosion consoles, etc.

It's not because they're incompetent, it's because it's how they, as players, want the game to be.

Nobody at Cryptic logs into a Pug Arena or C&H looking for a good fight, they don't visit Ker'rat unless it's work-related, they don't PvP unless it's a 'safe' prearranged internal house match.

They don't get it because the game WE liked, isn't the game they like.

They toss this stuff in hoping it will be enticing. They leave it be unless they're going to give it to an NPC, because PvP isn't even a secondary consideration, nor is balance...because that's not the game they want to play.

I think it's even worse than that. As evidenced by his interviews, Geko apparently operates in his own little cloud-cuckoo land as he literally describes a different game experience than reality. The game suffers because not only are his own personal desires for the game against its best interest, he isn't fully aware of what actually exists.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The game is about exploiting Star Trek fans anymore, that's all, with the minimum necessary to achieve. Maybe somebody is living the dream of producing new ST episodes or something, the rest of it seem to be about punching clocks for a paycheck. I dont think they care about gameplay at all except when somebody traces it backwards from a negative metric. How long were BOFF powertrays broken? Who else would leave that kind of showstopper in place for so long
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    The dev's idea of "fun" is increasing the PvE gring while releasing a constant barrage of OP stuff with no counters and no regards to game balance. That video of Nova Core getting trampled pretty much sums up why I seldom play anymore.

Borticus and Geko should try playing a pug in PvP arena once a day so they can fully realize the error of their ways.
  • vonednavonedna Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I miss you guys :(
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    patrickngo wrote: »
    "...fourteen year old min/maxers living in their mom's basement..."

Now, see, to fully grasp what I"m talking about, you have to roll your memory on the way-back machine to late childhood, game-store culture and the kid who would hang around the D&D table begging the older guys to let him play his level-fifty (or more) multiclass monk/antipaladin/wizard/Rogue worshipper of Chaos with 18 or more in every stat, who's a Drow/Godling hybrid....and he wants it to be a grid-game (that is, going up against normal players in 1vs1 combat)

Oh a priceless image. You win sir.
  • therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    LoR was still decent, 550+ players in Opvp channel, these days 200~ :(

It was pay2win but still.. most stuff was obtainable by every1

Its not just PvP declined, even PvE/RP dudes ran away. far far away.

GeCKo, should get fired as he's not doing his job very well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    vonedna wrote: »
    I miss you guys :(

yeah, me too, was fun...
    game had fun community .. had something..despite of developer efforts to do their worst possible..

congrats Cryptic, you have managed to ruin Star Trek for me and most of all F2P games.
    Not touching any of that sht anymore.
  • giohaxgiohax Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Good old memories.

Damn, i miss all of you guys, pvp in the good old days was the best, now it's just a bunch of idiots *cough cough totally not vex and corbin* using broken **** and pushing more players away.... it's just idiots nowadays.

Miss all of ya, the PvP community had that swag it lost now.
    Cya round, have fun. o/
  • grandpadxxgrandpadxx Member Posts: 342
    edited June 2015
    giohax wrote: »
    Good old memories.

Damn, i miss all of you guys, pvp in the good old days was the best, now it's just a bunch of idiots *cough cough totally not vex and corbin* using broken **** and pushing more players away.... it's just idiots nowadays.

Thats so true.. . But i feel sorry for these Guys.. we see what they can do without this TRIBBLE.. not so much. ;)

therealmt wrote: »
    LoR was still decent, 550+ players in Opvp channel, these days 200~ :(

It was pay2win but still.. most stuff was obtainable by every1

Absolutely.. .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    T'lilu SCI. / Dxxdavid TAK. / STO Inner Circle
    *** R.I.P. ***
  • vonednavonedna Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    giohax wrote: »
    Good old memories.

Miss all of ya, the PvP community had that swag it lost now.
    Cya round, have fun. o/

hehe i remember when I was "murderizing" Vex's p2w faw bug with mah buggy :D
  • daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This new Forum is ähm like STO - PvP. :|
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***
  • ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I am scared.

This website reminds me of nineties Internet.
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    dItP6ca.gif
    *whistle*
    .../10char
  • ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    deokkent wrote: »
    Worse than that, I'm getting personal moderation PM mail from all the way back june 2012, anyone who has ever been moderated. I think someone screwed up.
    Wait,
    are you saying you can read other peoples mails?!
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• drunkadmiraldrunkadmiral Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    So now forum pvp is also dead...
  • daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They screwed us ingame and here. Nicely done. :#

200.gif

Post edited by daviddxx on
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    who would have thought so in days of forum anarchy with toothless mods? ^^
    Post edited by wast33 on
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    It's kind of annoying they took that away...it kind of gave a reason to come to these horrible forums. :grin:
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    ilhansk wrote: »
    Worse than that, I'm getting personal moderation PM mail from all the way back june 2012, anyone who has ever been moderated. I think someone screwed up.
    Wait,
    are you saying you can read other peoples mails?!

Not anymore, it got fixed. A truly embarrassing faux pas that should have been looked at right away the moment it was found out.
    Anyways, to answer your question... Yeah, for a while, I did but it's not all of other people's mail. There was a single mail sitting in my inbox, containing more than 3000 pages of moderation details including replies from those moderated who questioned their moderation. Meh, unbelievable. And I was not the only one who got it.

3000 pages? Only showed 103 when I saved it as a PDF.