test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fed Alligned Roms...

lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,827 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Romulan Discussion
Anyone else kinda annoyed by the transport animation? Why can't they tap their wrist like the KDF? Or at the very least could Romulans get some type of badges?
Post edited by lianthelia on

Comments

• Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Indeed, my various Romulan toons either tap their combadge like a Fed, or just stand there like an idiot...

Most displeased with the current animations, I just close my eyes when I beam back up to the ship... :P

Edit:

Though, using a transport dialogue like "beam to Starfleet Academy" option on ESD, they do actually use the wrist device. With the Intel uniform wrist device thing, it looks quite cool. :)
  • Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Mine interchange between tapping their wrists and chests. When they tap their chests, I always "ask" them if they have something stuck in their harness ;)
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    guljarol wrote: »
    Mine interchange between tapping their wrists and chests.

Same, regardless of alliance. And is the wrong transporter color still happening occasionally for Romulans as well? I haven't paid attention to the transporter color since the last patch (mostly because I haven't been doing a lot of beaming up and down, but more often hopping from character to character to get the fruits of their DOff/Rep/Fleet/R&D assignments/projects and start them up again, and deal with fleet matters).
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I've never really noticed them changing between the factions...I has both Fed Roms and KDF Roms...Fed aligned always seem to tap their chest and KDF their wrist.

Just something that has seemed out of place since LoR began...Fed Roms just never seemed to get it right except when like Orion mentioned with special dialogue.
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    protogoth wrote: »
    Same, regardless of alliance. And is the wrong transporter color still happening occasionally for Romulans as well? I haven't paid attention to the transporter color since the last patch (mostly because I haven't been doing a lot of beaming up and down, but more often hopping from character to character to get the fruits of their DOff/Rep/Fleet/R&D assignments/projects and start them up again, and deal with fleet matters).

Transporter colour for the player seems always right. For my Fed and KDF boffs, sometimes they'll beam out green, sometimes they'll beam out in their faction colour.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    chipg7 wrote: »
    Transporter colour for the player seems always right. For my Fed and KDF boffs, sometimes they'll beam out green, sometimes they'll beam out in their faction colour.

Yeah...since they fixed that bug with KDF aligned Romulans that popped up during the DR event players have been fine...I haven't noticed with boffs unless they're of the allied faction.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I never noticed it before today, but I was playing on my two Fed Roms a little today and yeah they seemed to be randomly going between tapping their wrist and their chest.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    chipg7 wrote: »

They beam out faction color if you're using the standard beam out button, and green if using a transporter pad like on New Romulus.

The fedrom's wrist/chest tap animation difference appears to be divided along the same lines...chest tap on standard beam-out, wrist tap on pads.

EDIT: We need a selectable beam-out animation (at least chest tap/wrist tap/none), or auto-select based on what equipment we're wearing (comm badge/wrist computer/neither). Picking it based on faction will inevitably get it wrong.
  • Options
    denizyurukdenizyuruk Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    guljarol wrote: »
    Mine interchange between tapping their wrists and chests. When they tap their chests, I always "ask" them if they have something stuck in their harness ;)

lol same here.
    18416789043_5ed8d070e7_b.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Yet another godawful stupid recurring bug from the godawful stupid alliance system. Move along, nothing to see here.
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    It varies. Same with the warp trails. It's nice when my boff team beams up or down properly though. Three Romulan green animations, one fed blue and one KDF (diplo) red. Hopefully we can get access to some of the other races' cool animations, like the Cardassian yellow, Borg green, maybe even the Ferengi one we saw once, or the cool Tosk hunter effect.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    I would like to see a Republic raptor combadge where they tap the nothing that is there.

It's also annoying to see green warp trails when my Starfleet toon, not Fed-aligned Romulan warps out.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Anyone else kinda annoyed by the transport animation? Why can't they tap their wrist like the KDF? Or at the very least could Romulans get some type of badges?

Badges?
    Badges?
    We don't need no steenkin' badges!
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    kyrrok wrote: »
    I would like to see a Republic raptor combadge where they tap the nothing that is there.

It's also annoying to see green warp trails when my Starfleet toon, not Fed-aligned Romulan warps out.

I love seeing green warp trails when my Starfleet characters warp out, since one was intended from the beginning to be a Romulan spy disguised as a Vulcan, and the other is an alien of primarily Romulan ancestry, and both are members of a Romulan fleet.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    I got two fed roms, and I guess I have never noticed, I will have to look.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator