test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Forum inboxes

2»

Comments

• gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So, quick response: This )(%@ was broken. It's still broken, but we've blocked off access to it: Everyone's had access to their inbox turned off. (This includes me, interestingly enough.)

Later on, we will be doing a purge of old messages, anything that was migrated from the old forums. There's a chance we'll be able to recover that data later on, and actually parse it out to people correctly, but I don't think that's too likely.

I think Notifications will still have logs of any messages you've gotten since the migration. This is still not great, but honestly, I have no idea whether we could even do anything about that.

Thanks everyone for pardoning our dust. Keep posting in conspicuous locations if you notice things like this, we'll be keeping an eye out.

-TrailTurtle

Guys, I know some people are upset at the solution--cutting Inbox access--but I may have to take at least partial responsibility for that one, seeing as I proposed a total message purge last night.

Unfortunately based on what I suspect occurred, getting the messages/conversations unentangled just is not an option post-migration. That is why I put the proposal out there that I did. The one possibility that MIGHT be open is if they still have a record of the PM's in their old vBulletin format, to try a remigration of the PM's at a later date, by some different method.

However it shakes out, I am glad to see action being taken.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I don't think anyone's been terribly put out by this turn of events. As it stands now I'm 100% positive that there's archives of the most lively discussion.
    Also I believe this thread has served it's purpose. The only items that remain to be hashed out is whether Elizabeth Hurley or Robert Downey will portray Thissler in the yet to be announced movie.

Jude Law as....VIRUSDANCER!

As for you. You take responsibility for a change. Even partially.

This angers me.

You consider yourself to have had a chance, however small, to influence the Vanilla Robotic Overlords.
    And this was your windmill Don Quixote? The inbox?
    Next time push for another PVP map. I promise that a new PVP map will have an impact at least equal to the forum inbox. Possibly even greater.

In the future, do not waste your power. You'll need every bit if you are to face the Vanilla Robotic Overlords.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    And dayum, that's harsh...I'm only 43. Here are some folks from the same year I was born: http://www.imdb.com/search/name?birth_year=1972

I despair at some of the actors born in the same year as me :s.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    There should be no despair...only joy...only happiness...only...Party Party!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWlx2JiY4t0

• thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    artan42 wrote: »
    And dayum, that's harsh...I'm only 43. Here are some folks from the same year I was born: http://www.imdb.com/search/name?birth_year=1972

I despair at some of the actors born in the same year as me :s.

Miley Cyrus isn't an actor!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=End5wZKyx6Q

And I must say, embedding video is SNAPPY!

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    Given the backstory on VirusDancer and all...there's a better actor from that same year to portray me here. Jonny Lee Miller.