test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Time in a Bottle Impression...

sojournerxsojournerx Member Posts: 69 Arc User
...um, that's it?!

Was expecting a lot more action; way too much talk!

Comments

• Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    I loved the mission. We learned more about the Iconians (there are twelve of them, apparently), the voice acting was pretty good (Nog especially), the Krenim are back (having survived the same way the Devidians do!) and there are lots of tie-ins to Voyager. It really felt like a Star Trek episode. Overall, I think it's the best mission we've gotten since Surface Tension.

And we got quite a bit of action against the Heralds on Kyana. I died a bunch of times, of course...
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    oceansongoceansong Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    imo the best season 10 episode so far (not hard considering the rubbish beforehand), aron eisenberg reminded me why Nog was one of my favourite characters of DS9 but i still find the heralds to be a complete nightmare to fight and currently use the birds/monkeys on risa to get Iconian marks.
    @laughingtrendy i find myself unbanned, fix it
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    I consider it to be one of the better episodes of late. It was fun, didn't have any problems while playing it, and not overly long. Two thumbs up Cryptic on this one.
  • Options
    I did enjoy seeing Nog again, it's just that they put all this work into a new area and nothing much was done with it, save a few fix this 'n that's. And I thought "House of Pegh" was kind of a pain in the butt, so I guess I was expecting another like it.
  • Options
    opzulu6opzulu6 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Ok so mine are nit picky but honestly they grate on you when you do the mission for every toon to get the snazzy rewards...even if I had only 3 toons Im playn it 3 times each...Anyway...

Nog is talking about the charged spires and the energy and there are mineral deposits all over the place and hes like there is another one over there...the map is filled with them he should have said there is another charged deposit over there!

I really think they should have less enemies per wave keep the initial wave amount, what happens is you can kill the first 2nd and then you get swamped with bad guys and you loose the take the high ground feel...

The 2nd location you run to is horrible. the first time I played it I went behind that location cause I was now looking at a cliff where the bad guys would come to below me then I find they want to put my back against the wall with no escape plan not even high ground some rocks as cover...its a death trap.

Now another thing they can make the gateways why don't they just make one right next to me and pull me into a enemy ship or drop the entire army on my head. you guys gave them advanced teleport system and then they don't use it. you have been doing ok with that and the vaadware line where we were like tele him off the ship! we cant that's the first thing I tried...that was great.

also not being able to skip cut scene bad...why do you think im posting right now.
  • Options
    opzulu6opzulu6 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    oh one more thing, I loved the fix the thing and turn it off and turn it on, reminded me of IT Crowd..."have you tried turning it off and on again?"
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    More enemies means you need more firepower. This is like christmas for turret engineer heavy teams. Bring one healer, and you should be fine.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    I really wish they had played up the visceral incompatibility of Federation and Krenim Technology. While I can understand that Nog would be able to get it to work, his ability to do so should be unique.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I was also half expecting to have picked up the Orion receptionist as a DOFF reward, provided that your conversation with her ended with her coming on board.