test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

WELCOME BACK!

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Oh, TRIBBLE. I just discovered that I need to re-bookmark all my fav bookmarked threads.

Tomorrow. I'll start digging tomorrow.

No kidding. I've got roughly 2 dozen of them.
    A redirect feature or keeping the old forums as a read only would have been nice.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    josan369 wrote: »
    svindal777 wrote: »
    I'm old, this new forum frightens and confuses me.

I have to agree. It's rather bland looking imho. Anyone know if we can customize the look or background at all?

The Targ agrees.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    What bugs me the most is the different structure/other games and HUGE funny images and videos, which make text pretty much unreadable sometimes.
    A customization of background looks would be helpful. It looks a bit too foggy imo.

Although we can now post huge images, the funny thing is we still have a very limited amount of smileys at our disposal (why are they called emoji suddenly? lol). And their tooltip only shows its character string but not their actual meaning... (yeah i'm a old geezer *giggle*)

On the other hand, i hope the bookmark function really works, because the old forums didn't bookmark anything since the first forum change several years ago.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    The avatars are so dinky now!
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    The avatars are so dinky now!

Kind of makes my Pinhead /facepalm less interesting. :(
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    I have so missed these forums, even if they were only gone for a few days :( Now all I need to do is relocate the Dev tracker..

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    Kind of annoying that the pagination buttons are only available at the top of a thread and not at the bottom when I.. want to click to the next page because I've reached.. the bottom.. :cough:

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Wait? P-o-o-p is a dirty word? Wait until I tell my mother she always had a foul mouth. I wonder if tinkle is blocked.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    questerius wrote: »
    Oh, TRIBBLE. I just discovered that I need to re-bookmark all my fav bookmarked threads.

Tomorrow. I'll start digging tomorrow.

No kidding. I've got roughly 2 dozen of them.
    A redirect feature or keeping the old forums as a read only would have been nice.

Pozer. I had hundreds. ;)

• cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    I missed the forum drama, I was forced to watch reruns of Jersey Shore.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
    cidjack wrote: »
    I missed the forum drama, I was forced to watch reruns of Jersey Shore.

My sympathies. You may have had more fun waiting on the Vanilla switchover.

• gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    guljarol wrote: »
    Press "Ctrl" and "+". It should make things bigger.

Then all your other websites are now wrong. A forum with missing core features and that requires you to click 5 or 6 times between each use to resize is a terrible forum. This change is going lose them a lot of players and money.

That may depend on your browser. I find that when I pinch zoom on Firefox (even my laptop is a touch screen) to get a website set where I want it, it does not carry over to other websites.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    Where is my comfy chair? No-one had better be sitting in my comfy chair.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    coupaholic wrote: »
    Where is my comfy chair? No-one had better be sitting in my comfy chair.
    Is it that one over there?

hr_giger_harkonnen-stuhl_skull_edition_hrg002-c.jpg

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    Hrmm, for some odd reason - it feels more like the forums are in a coma than back...so to speak. Just feels like with the myriad of issues, folks just can't be bothered to bother. Course, it's something that started before the changes; but it's difficult personally not to feel like PWE kicked the forums while they were down.
    Though it is pretty nifty that after everything else has been hidden, hitting the "Discussion" link works like Today's Post did. Have to say, going through and hiding all the rest makes being here a wee bit more tolerable...not having to see posts from folks talking about things I don't care about in the least.
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User

Where. Is. My. DRINK HOLDER!?

Alas, the quoted text is still barely distinguishable from the rest of the post. I was kinda hoping they'd look at that during the migration.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015

>.>

<.<

>.>

*points to 6-year old bajoran slave in cardassian shackles*

He's standing right over there.

*hides*
    Post edited by gavinruneblade on
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    dirlettia wrote: »
    I have so missed these forums, even if they were only gone for a few days :( Now all I need to do is relocate the Dev tracker..

Spacedock staff says that's supposed to be installed...wait for it...Tuesday.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    Though it is pretty nifty that after everything else has been hidden, hitting the "Discussion" link works like Today's Post did. Have to say, going through and hiding all the rest makes being here a wee bit more tolerable...not having to see posts from folks talking about things I don't care about in the least.

I tried that Discussion link but all I see are junk posts from other games I have no interest in. These forums seem like a massive step backwards. Don't they care about all the players they will upset and money they will lose?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator

>.>

<.<

>.>

*points to 6-year old bajoran slave in cardassian shackles*

He's standing right over there.

*hides*

*Frees the Bajoran and offers a TV Dinner Tray* Try this until an engineer gets the cup holder installed... on Tuesday.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User

Alas, the quoted text is still barely distinguishable from the rest of the post. I was kinda hoping they'd look at that during the migration.
    Reminds me of the webcomic Use Sword On Monster, when Oz and Osira are discussing "that ridiculous throne". Someone in the comments made a Game of Thrones reference, to which another user posted Oz's probable instructions: “The Royal Hiney-Holder is going to be comfortable, got it? Lumbar support, reclining back, and a nice headrest. Also, I want a larger cupholder and a folding table. None of this ‘forged from the swords of your enemies’ goofiness.”
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    jonsills wrote: »
    Reminds me of the webcomic Use Sword On Monster, when Oz and Osira are discussing "that ridiculous throne". Someone in the comments made a Game of Thrones reference, to which another user posted Oz's probable instructions: “The Royal Hiney-Holder is going to be comfortable, got it? Lumbar support, reclining back, and a nice headrest. Also, I want a larger cupholder and a folding table. None of this ‘forged from the swords of your enemies’ goofiness.”

LMAO Royal Hiney-Holder...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    I tried that Discussion link but all I see are junk posts from other games I have no interest in. These forums seem like a massive step backwards. Don't they care about all the players they will upset and money they will lose?

It was literally a case of going through and hiding every other forum outside of the STO forums...then they no longer show up when hitting "Discussion" up there.

This is what my Arc Forums looks like with everything else hidden...

QLMTdyn.png

Which turns my Recent Discussions into STO only...(example)

raxMK5B.png

Hey! I can see me! :D
    I guess I was busy reading new post and not posting new post when you made that grab. ;)
  • sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    deokkent wrote: »
    I am absolutely lost on these forums. Interesting way to get rid of folks like me. My forumite enemies are winning. The TRIBBLE.

Forum PvP is going to go the same way as in-game PvP. :*
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Hey! I can see me! :D

I just realized that you're on there 4 times.
    Are you a Spam-bot? :: narrows eyes to examine rattler2 closely ::

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Ok, it feels weird.... anyway... miranda class, 3 weapons two port, one aft, warp 5 point nothing.. i think i'll like it..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!