test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New forums, so good ah!

repetitiveepicrepetitiveepic Member Posts: 6,549 Arc User
Celebrate the new forums with this poll!
free jkname.

#MOGA Make Orions Green Again

zsoRuFM.jpg

New forums, so good ah! 23 votes

So good!
34%
blassreiterustcgrandpa#3038reximuzlatiasracerpsyman87ryan218swamarianlagomorphic 8 votes
So good ah!
65%
doublechachestertreknyxadrillthemetalstickmanhawku001xvivenneanthonymustrumridcully0thisslerartan42repetitiveepicblitzy4sanusisanusiracialstereotypedaviddxxscarling 15 votes

Comments

• originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    Weird poll.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Biased poll is biased. There is no negative options or neutral options.
    :p
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    So good ah!
    It's not so bad
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• darthkuribohdarthkuriboh Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    I dislike it
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    Font is clearer to read, took a bit of time navigating (but only a little) but that's likie anything new. But overall I like it. But I'm sure the doom and gloomers will have their say soon enough lol :D
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    tumblr_minem7eMIC1r8h136o1_250.gif
    I'm gonna need to reference the voter information guide regarding this proposition to cast a proper ballot

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Biased poll is biased. There is no negative options or neutral options.
    :p

That's because Vanilla is the best forums ever and the players love it! <3
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    They're ugly.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    So good ah!
    my eyes hurt, but i finally got to report somebody for insulting somebody else a week ago. so good ah.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    SO good..., that I've already gotten lost twice.

LoL B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • cptmbateman79cptmbateman79 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Not really keen on them. My one issue is now we are a part of all the other fourms, we don't have that solitude that we had on the old ones. STO forums should be for STO players not the whole Arc community. Totally dislike this new one. I know, I know, you can't please everybody.
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    Well I can't say I'm impressed by these new forums, they seem very basic and bland and that takes some doing when you consider the ones we just got moved from.

For me, the forums seem to get worse every time we are moved. I just hope they don't do a forum move number 4, as I get the feeling the next step down from here is parchment and quill.
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    Bland, uninspiring and definitely vanilla. If this was the best option, I shudder to think what could of been worse.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Not impressed so far. In fact as I said in another thread, I never thought I'd miss VB so much.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    It looks like the old forum did, but has better functionality! That's an improvement, period

The fact that we're reduced to child boards, making forum navigation more difficult. Or the fact that PM threads have been merged and shared around. Or the fact that to get page navigation links at the bottom of the page, instead of solely at the top, we have to use a third party script. I see none of that as an improvement. :tongue:
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    This one is C H E A P E R... and the bottom line is PWE's driving force.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    The ah is 啊

It is like a spoken exclamation point in Cantonese.

As a Hongkonger, that's exactly how I read it ah!

Who was the greatest hero in history, and why Vladimir Lenin?
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    *ticks the 'meh' option*
    bit too narrow imo, and the interface will take some time... not a fan of it but not hating it either
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    So good ah!
    It looks like the old forum did, but has better functionality! That's an improvement, period

The fact that we're reduced to child boards, making forum navigation more difficult. Or the fact that PM threads have been merged and shared around. Or the fact that to get page navigation links at the bottom of the page, instead of solely at the top, we have to use a third party script. I see none of that as an improvement. :tongue:

the no navigation at the bottom is bad design yeah, but the forums are still new! no reason to think it won't be added

It's not striclty speaking new - the forum were already around for a while for other games.

Still, doesn't mean it can't be added.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Anybody noticed that we suddenly have trackers running in the background? Yeah, but I guess that's "low priority" so nobody talked about that prior to the "transfer" *looking at trendy*
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    The new forum will take time to get use to. (Doesn't agree with Firefox). But wish they added color for contrast.
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    It's too narrow, there is no navigation at the bottom, no "go to most recent post button", avatars are too small.. list goes on.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    same font for text and links... yayy...
    ryuga81.png
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    So good ah!
    It's sooo grey, there's no shades at all.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    The forums are meh, but that 544 message in the inbox is the best message ever and the players love it!
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    The new forum will take time to get use to. (Doesn't agree with Firefox). But wish they added color for contrast.

That was one of my pre migration ideas too. More user customizations are needed. ie own wallpapers, just to add some color to the extremely bland and boring look.