test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Did you lose your post count in the switch?

zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
I've noticed that some long time poster with thousands of post to their name suddenly have only a handful. And then suddenly, like me, they get back a realistic number. When the boards first came up for STO today, I had only a single digit number, but now it jumped up to more than 4500.

So, did you lose you post count in the switch? And have you gotten it back?
f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
Post edited by zedbrightlander1 on

Comments

• kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    I lost it at first, but I got it back
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Nope. I got mine.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Nope. I got mine.

Yup. And that's a healthy number.

• jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    I thought I lost mine, but it restored... Heh. :smiley:
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah it's gone, my old >1k counter just disappeared :(
    edit: ah no, it's back yayy B)

Well... when you haunt Ten Forward, specifically the Ban Thread and an RP... yea. Its healty. I miss my hard earned Captain title though. Never had a shiny forum title, even after I ground out a Delta Pack.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited June 2015
    nandospc wrote: »
    Yeah it's gone, my old >1k counter just disappeared :(
    edit: ah no, it's back yayy B)

You almost ninjaed me. I was about to post - Look Again. :)

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Mine was gone too.. but I logged out, cleared my browser cache and logged back in and the post count was returned. It didn't keep my avatar image or my signature, but it kept my post count.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    rattler2 wrote: »

Well... when you haunt Ten Forward, specifically the Ban Thread and an RP... yea. Its healty. I miss my hard earned Captain title though. Never had a shiny forum title, even after I ground out a Delta Pack.

:: puts on a pirates voice ::

Aarrrrr! And now ye' be scum jus' like the rest of us scum. Aarrrrr!
    ;)

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Shhhh, don't tell...

edit: Damn, it was showing 29...it was awesome. Refreshing the page, and it was the pesky number it is. Course, it's a couple of hundred posts shy...interesting.

edit2: Well, it's catching up...a couple of posts later, and it added a couple of hundred...
    Post edited by virusdancer on

:: puts on a pirates voice ::

Aarrrrr! And now ye' be scum jus' like the rest of us scum. Aarrrrr!
    ;)

lol
    I don't know about being scum, as right now I got Erza Scarlet as my avatar. ;)
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    Mine went away too, but it's back.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'd actually racked up over 150 posts over here on top of my (approximately) 3300 on the old forums, because I was working with what turned out to be a beta test before the real migration happened. It took a bit for it to merge, probably because I was so much more talkative over here than most of you, but it finally did.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    I had over 3,100 posts. At this time it's now showing I'm at just over 2,900. What may be happening is they are slowly working on migrating all posts from the old forums, so each of our old posts that migrate over ups our post count here. Just my guess.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It just showed zero posts for me. I'll wait and see.

EDIT: Aaand its back. I guess I just had to post once to make the board register me or something.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Mine seems fine.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I think I have a singularity of posts.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I actually gained a lot... I had some 100 posts on STO, my count was probably merged with Neverwinter post count :P
    ryuga81.png
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I got it back. Yeah.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    What PostCount? We didn't even have a Steenkin' postcount back in CO Forum. Like ever.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    Neverwinter didn't have one too... I realized just now how many posts I made there :P
    ryuga81.png
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Looks like it. Guess, it will be back. though never really cared about that. More pissed that I can't use animated gifs as profil picture yet as promised.

Edit: there it is. posting once on the new forum seemed to resync the post count apparently.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It showed zero for me when I first checked it. Maybe it'll come back now.

EDIT: Oop, it did
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Testing .... Making my first post in the new forums.

Edit: Well, sadly, it shows I have 0 posts. I think in the old forums I had like 1500 or 2k or similar. Oh well.

Edit 2: Well, happily, after editing my first post, my post count was changed to 2,439. So, fixed. Yay.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    Well, I'm glad I created this thread. While change is always a source of consternation for many of us, this one, while slow, seems to be happening fairly smoothly. I feel bad for our Champs friends, but hopefully they'll all be posting to in there new home soon.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    timelord79 wrote: »
    Looks like it. Guess, it will be back. though never really cared about that. More pissed that I can't use animated gifs as profil picture yet as promised.

Edit: there it is. posting once on the new forum seemed to resync the post count apparently.

Supposedly to get the animated avatar you have to delete your avatar on your Vanilla profile, and go to the Arc website to set your avatar. Once it's done there, an animated GIF will filter over to the forum. I can't attest to that myself since I don't want an animated avatar, but try that and see if it helps.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Looks like I didnt.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    Test, test...
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    Sadly not. The reminder that I spend far too much time browsing these forums remain to tease me.
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    Pretty sure I got all mine.
    STO%20Sig.png~original