test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

One Last Post...

daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
Just wanted to post one last time in the current forums before They shunt us over to the new ones.
These forums are the second incarnation since I became part of the Star Trek Online internet family back in 2009.

Goodbye old girl, it was nice posting in you but it's time for retirement and your red-headed step-daughter is waiting to take over.

:cool:
STO Member since February 2009.
I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    daveyny wrote: »
    Just wanted to post one last time in the current forums before They shunt us over to the new ones.
    These forums are the second incarnation since I became part of the Star Trek Online internet family back in 2009.

Goodbye old girl, it was nice posting in you but it's time for retirement and your red-headed step-daughter is waiting to take over.

June 2012 - June 2015

The time for STO's 3rd forums is near!
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I am scared. :o
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    All good things must come to an end. :(
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    All good things must come to an end. :(

Hrmm, it was pretty awesome back when...

In-game mails were connected to Private Messages on the forums. So folks could message from the game to the forums and vice versa.

The forums had an ignore list. And that the ignore list was tied to the in-game ignore list.

There was a report button on posts.

Boom, Forumpocalypse 2012.

But hey, there will be a report button again...

...if one's willing to risk all the security issues in actually going to the new forums. :(
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    It's over, but the moment has been prepared for...

...I don't wanna go :(.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited June 2015

In-game mails were connected to Private Messages on the forums. So folks could message from the game to the forums and vice versa.

The forums had an ignore list. And that the ignore list was tied to the in-game ignore list.

Boom, Forumpocalypse 2012.

But hey, there will be a report button again...

...if one's willing to risk all the security issues in actually going to the new forums. :(

Yeah, I've read some of the posts about the 'Issues'...

It's worrisome, especially after the last security breach we endured and weren't told about for many..., many months.

Due Diligence on our part is most recommended on this occasion.

:rolleyes:
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I will miss this forum. Even though I have some gripes with the aesthetics, I love vBulletin. :(
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Those where good times indeed...
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I honestly do not see the point of these forums any more. We are far more likely to get a Dev response on Reddit then we are here - heck, Salami has probably 10 to 1 posts on Reddit compared to here. Plus a lot more news is dropped via Website, Twitter, and Facebook then is generally dropped on this forum.

For the most part I think the forum should just have a News section directing people to the website to get the latest news and a Tech section where people can ask about and deal with tech issues. If people just want to jibber-jabber they can do it on Reddit - where, at least, they have a chance of getting a Dev response.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I honestly do not see the point of these forums any more. We are far more likely to get a Dev response on Reddit then we are here - heck, Salami has probably 10 to 1 posts on Reddit compared to here. Plus a lot more news is dropped via Website, Twitter, and Facebook then is generally dropped on this forum.

For the most part I think the forum should just have a News section directing people to the website to get the latest news and a Tech section where people can ask about and deal with tech issues. If people just want to jibber-jabber they can do it on Reddit - where, at least, they have a chance of getting a Dev response.

Because some of us Old Fogies, don't care for these new-fangled Twits and Red-Chits.

:P

Also..., I very rarely post to engage a Dev or Mod.
    I like talking to regular folks better.

And that red thingy always looks like an upside-down Xmas tree to me, don't care for it's arrangement at all.

• Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited June 2015
    Because some of us Old Fogies, don't care for these new-fangled Twits and Red-Chits.

I very rarely post to engage a Dev or Mod.
    And that red thingy always looks like an upside-down Xmas tree to me, don't care for it's arrangement at all.

Lol. :) I'll miss these forums.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Also..., I very rarely post to engage a Dev or Mod.

The point is Reddit forum does everything this forum does, and has Dev involvement as well. If you are going to post on a forum you might as well pick the one that has Devs also posting - even if you do not want to follow on Facebook or Twitter.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    Red-Chit is too confusing and it's difficult for first time users to actually FIND recent STO posts.
    The search function isn't exactly intuitive over there.
    B)
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    Red-Chit is too confusing and it's difficult for first time users to actually FIND recent STO posts.
    The search function isn't exactly intuitive over there.
    B)
    Yes, this exactly. I have zero desire to deal with Reddit, or Twitter for that matter.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    You mean pushing the "New" tab up at the top of the forum there is too confusing? :)

It is not exactly rocket science. :)
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    *Looks back at old forums*

I can haz ur stuffs?

*old forums are silent*

I haz a sad.