test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crafting Woes

humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
Tonight I crafted over 500 dual beam banks, looking for [Crtd]x3, didn't get a single one, so do the 'gods of RNG' hate me, or what! (and, yes, I do have a 100% chance at VR).

If I was paranoid, I'd think this game was fixed.

Really loosing the will to live, thank God for TV!
Post edited by humblesheep on

Comments

  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Actually [Mod]'s are random, and it seems getting the elusive [CrtiD]x3 is more difficult than you might think.

    Also, the 100% you speak of is (I'm guessing) the chance to craft a Very Rare (Purple) item, it has nothing to do with the [Mod]'s. Sorry.

    I'm also wondering if it's truly random or if the percent chances per [Mod] are different.

    I've spent some time crafting TRIBBLE-tons of weapons too, and only very occasionally find a [CrtD]x3, which caused me to stop and think about the whole randomness of R&D.

    I've actually had a couple of thoughts on how the random [Mod]'s could be addressed, but it seems few are actually interested in adjusting [Mod]'s post creation of an item... :(
  • amaresh1amaresh1 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You have a 1 and 122 chance for Crtdx3 and 1 and 122 chance for Crtdx2 Pen. So you could just be unlucky. How you get there is to have multiple alts (5) working around the clock to work the odds. Here is the part that is going to really grind your gears. You only have a 1 in 4 chance of getting Crdx4 for Crdx3 Pen after you actually get the Mark IIs that you are looking for. (That is assuming that you have the the materials to get them to upgrade every time.) You can do the math from here. So get to work :) Cryptic turned crafting into a rage inducing grind.
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    amaresh1 wrote: »
    You have a 1 and 122 chance for Crtdx3 and 1 and 122 chance for Crtdx2 Pen. So you could just be unlucky. How you get there is to have multiple alts (5) working around the clock to work the odds. Here is the part that is going to really grind your gears. You only have a 1 in 4 chance of getting Crdx4 for Crdx3 Pen after you actually get the Mark IIs that you are looking for. (That is assuming that you have the the materials to get them to upgrade every time.) You can do the math from here. So get to work :) Cryptic turned crafting into a rage inducing grind.

    1 in 122, just having a bad day I guess.

    Got 3 yesterday, which is more like I would expect. So right about the 'rage inducing grind', just how I feel at the moment.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    orion0029 wrote: »
    I've actually had a couple of thoughts on how the random [Mod]'s could be addressed, but it seems few are actually interested in adjusting [Mod]'s post creation of an item... :(

    Geko said they had the choice of either taking time to make mods selectable (read: make a properly working system) or pushing it out with missing features. Guess which one they chose.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    1 in 122, just having a bad day I guess.

    Got 3 yesterday, which is more like I would expect. So right about the 'rage inducing grind', just how I feel at the moment.

    3 in one day lol feel lucky. . .

    It has taken me over 2 months to get enough X3 to outfit two toons lol.

    I would honestly pay double the mats etc needed to be able to craft with the mods I want.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Feels like opening lockboxes at times doesn't it? It's safe to say, I gave up on the CrtD craze. The only weapon that mattered on to me was an AP DBB for my tactical character. Thankfully the Dual Chroniton Beam Bank from the Lobi store has innate CrtDx2, which is good enough for me.
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,481 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Or you can just stop worrying about chasing the 'white whale' and make due with the best of what you got and play the game.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    3 in one day lol feel lucky. . .

    It has taken me over 2 months to get enough X3 to outfit two toons lol.

    I would honestly pay double the mats etc needed to be able to craft with the mods I want.

    I'd pay 122 times the mats, to choose, in the last 4 days since I decided to ditch my old fleet weapons, I've got one decent weapon after over 10 hours of crafting! This system really sucks.
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ltminns wrote: »
    Or you can just stop worrying about chasing the 'white whale' and make due with the best of what you got and play the game.

    But crafting is part of the game. What else am I supposed to do, other than try to craft the things I want?
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    I'd pay 122 times the mats, to chose, in the last 4 days since I decided to ditch my old fleet weapons, I've got one decent weapon after over 10 hours of crafting! This system really sucks.

    Only 10 hours?

    When I was crafting myself some phasers some weeks ago it took me three days of 8+ hrs/day of constant crafting just to get what I wanted.

    I might add that I spent another two days upgrading them, and subsequently purchasing replacements when one would upgrade in rarity and get a [Mod] I didn't want...:mad:

    Luckily I run STO on a laptop and can take it with me to watch Star Trek on TV. :P

    I seriously believe that implementing a method to 're-roll' the [Mod]'s on equipment would greatly ease the frustration of crafting metric TRIBBLE-tons of MK II's in hopes of getting one with good [Mod]'s and getting it to MK XIV without crapping out with an [acc] or [dmg] mod on upgrades.
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    orion0029 wrote: »
    Only 10 hours?

    When I was crafting myself some phasers some weeks ago it took me three days of 8+ hrs/day of constant crafting just to get what I wanted.

    I might add that I spent another two days upgrading them, and subsequently purchasing replacements when one would upgrade in rarity and get a [Mod] I didn't want...:mad:

    Luckily I run STO on a laptop and can take it with me to watch Star Trek on TV. :P

    I seriously believe that implementing a method to 're-roll' the [Mod]'s on equipment would greatly ease the frustration of crafting metric TRIBBLE-tons of MK II's in hopes of getting one with good [Mod]'s and getting it to MK XIV without crapping out with an [acc] or [dmg] mod on upgrades.

    My condolences, I feel your pain.

    Isn't this a fun way to spend our leasure time? - Or not.

    I agree, something needs to be done.
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Gave up. Life's too short to waist it crafting with this system.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Srsly, TRIBBLE it. As long as it isn't an onslaught of [DMG] or the useless PvP mods everything is good. Any CrtD, CrtH, Acc, Pen combos are all fine & dandy.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,490 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Sometimes it's better to settle for the second best. It safes time, money and is much better for your mental health in the long run. ;)

    I'm doing perfectly fine with my [acc] [crtd]x2 and my [crtd]x2 [crth] beam arrays.
  • hojain2020hojain2020 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    All things being equal and those are a [email protected]$t ton of equal factors ranging from captain career to traits to "skill respec tweaking" crit d 2 crit h weapons can get you into the 42 to 60k dps range. Anything more will require crafting vanilla stuff into ur or epic crit stuff ... on the whole the current system is designed/fixed as such. After you achieve/learn good piloting skills its really GEAR TREK from then on .. that just takes time and whole lot of sto repetitiveness and patience. Really depends on how much you like the game/ how much time you have to spare.
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    bollywood15_zpskyztknwo.gif
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I could live with the randomness, but the PRICES! You slave away, earning EC, selling on the exchange and either grinding or buying Dilithium and then it's never guaranteed that it'll upgrade anyway! It's soul-destroying and I have so many things that I regret wasting my time upgrading...or TRYING to upgrade.
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    kayajay wrote: »
    I could live with the randomness, but the PRICES! You slave away, earning EC, selling on the exchange and either grinding or buying Dilithium and then it's never guaranteed that it'll upgrade anyway! It's soul-destroying and I have so many things that I regret wasting my time upgrading...or TRYING to upgrade.

    I upgraded the one good one I had and three next best ones to Mk XIV, 3 went to Epic; an open bottle of scotch helped me cope with the pain of the expense, I'll review the damage next time I log on.

    I vaguely remember going through The Cure like a hot knife through butter, so perhaps not a complete waste of time.
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    3 in one day lol feel lucky. . .

    It has taken me over 2 months to get enough X3 to outfit two toons lol.

    I would honestly pay double the mats etc needed to be able to craft with the mods I want.

    Hmm. Dunno why you'd bother crafting two sets of exactly the same item's when crafted gear is account bound; seems like a waste of dil and time to me.

    Unless you've no account bank, of course. But then I'd suggest spending dil -> zen -> account bank.
    giphy.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.