test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A New Edge to Fighter's

lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
I think these "fighters" we have don't really seem to cut the mustard. For example: the perigrene fighter has been around since the Dominion War and it looks a little big and roomy for a fighter. Here is an idea for a brand new kind of bird:

Federation:

F-94 Raven fighter

Tier: 1
Hull: 5,500
Shields: 1,250
Turn Rate: 33
Shield Modifier: 0.5
Weapon slots: 2 fwd
Crew: 1 (ME!)
The Raven has no boff slots but it does have a CCS (Cockpit Control System).
CCS: Lt. Pilot/Tactical
Device slots: 1
Consoles: 3 Tactical
Inertia: 100

Console - Universal - Advanced Maneuverability System
Pilot Maneuvers
Raider Flanking
CRF (scales with skills until you get to create CRF3 training manuals where it will become CRF3 and stop leveling)
Armaments:

Phaser Dual Cannons (lvl scaling, can be upgraded)
Tricobalt Missile Launcher

Advanced Maneuverability System:

When entering combat your ship gains a turn rate and speed buff as well as a buff to Pilot Maneuvers, Pilot boff abilities, and Pilot specialization abilities. You also become harder to target the faster you go.
When using evasive maneuvers your ship gains About-face where you can immediately turn around on a dime.

Tricobalt Missile Launcher:

Launches two Tricobalt Missiles that deal hull and moderate shield damage. It can be equipped on any ship. Cool down time is 8 seconds (affected by torpedo doffs). They can be targeted but they are a faster than torpedos. THY1 fires four, THY2 fires six, and THY3 fires eight. Spread affects the TML.

Hanger - F-94 Raven Fighters

Phaser Pulse Cannon
Advanced Maneuverability System
Raider Flanking

Hanger - Advanced F-94 Raven Fighters

Phaser Pulse Cannon
Phaser Dual Cannons
Raider Flanking

Hanger - Elite F-94 Raven Fighters

Phaser Dual Cannons
Phaser Turret
Raider Flanking
Pilot Maneuvers

Scorpion and To'Duj fighters have similar stats complete with abilities.
Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
Post edited by lessley00 on

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Should rename the console to something different. A Drive is a means of propulsion like Warp Drive and Ion Drive. Having a fighter propulsion system in a regular starship just doesn't seem like it would work well. Advanced Maneuverability Control System could work. Also, the animation involved would require far too much work to implement.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    starkaos wrote: »
    Should rename the console to something different. A Drive is a means of propulsion like Warp Drive and Ion Drive. Having a fighter propulsion system in a regular starship just doesn't seem like it would work well. Advanced Maneuverability Control System could work. Also, the animation involved would require far too much work to implement.

Your right on every count. Making changes now...
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    ironcaniacironcaniac Member Posts: 131 Media Corps
    edited June 2015
    They should model any new Federation fighter on the canon scout ship design and make it a playable small craft while they're at it. The scout ship even resembles the Valkyrie fighter from Star Trek: Invasion and looks like a mini-Defiant, so it's conceivably a more believable fighter, right?
    After only 4 months, 19 weeks, 134 days, it's here. It's real!
    wbur87.jpg
    U.S.S. Tempest
  • Options
    ginobaldelli823ginobaldelli823 Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Reminds me of the F-302's from Stargate
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I thought the design could be a cross between the F-61 from Mass Effect, F-18, and the Viper Mark 7 from Battlestar Galactica

• Options
    carlieth1980carlieth1980 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    love the idea of a decent fighter. my favourite event is the shuttle event and to finally have a really decent shuttle/fighter would be awesome.

Equipping the quad phaser/plasma/disruptor cannons and an actual missile launcher......nom nom nom.
  • Options
    dartdukiidartdukii Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    The fighter/frigate/crossover pets have been de-clawed months ago, and i don't see the devs re-buffing pets again. Not to say i wouldn't welcome it, just as i wouldn't mind unlocking some pets like JHAS pets from needing to acquire a JHAS or JHSS ship
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp-eCwcZcLG2MXd6VmsMC9LE0J42omp2gLSoTWFw_z-0ek2Jn7