test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cleaning house w/ pants, belts, & footwear

Comments

• monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    protogoth wrote: »
    Incorrect. "Night of the Comet" shows at least one Orion (the female bartender) wearing thigh boots which look exactly like the TOS Romulan/Mirror boots (and it used to show more Orions in the same boots, but I haven't paid enough attention on recent runs of that mission to notice whether or not that be yet the case). For those with access to the Captain's Table, there is an Orion Admiral who is dressed like the other Orions in the room with her, except that she's wearing the same TOS Romulan/Mirror boots. And NPC is not player, so when someone says "I saw an Orion NPC on DS9 wearing them," pay attention to the "NPC" portion of the statement.

There's frankly no good reason to keep these from the KDF, and both they and the 7 of 9 boots would make great footwear for off-duty, formalwear, and clubwear as well.

Not really all that immersion-breaking, for several reasons which have been given in threads discussing costume options in the past. More to the point, I don't appreciate someone else's subjective aesthetics or (supposedly) religious ethics (much less the pseudo-puritanism of certain troll groups -- who shall remain nameless in accord with the Forum Rules, even though we all know which groups are intended without any names being dropped -- used as an excuse to "justify" their harassment of other players) being imposed on me.

And small furry animals are not going to suddenly explode, children's blood is not going to flood the streets, and people in general will not drop dead from coronary arrest if I'm allowed liberty to wear a bikini somewhere off Risa.

Also, do not trot out the tired and illogical claim that the censorship is "for the children." I didn't agree to help raise someone else's children, nor otherwise be responsible for insulating them from real life, which I believe to be a detrimental thing, and not at all beneficial, but apart from that, doesn't a person have to be at least 13 to even make an account? I'm pretty sure most 13 year-olds have seen far more explicit imagery. I certainly had by that age (of course, back then, PG got away with a lot more than even R can get away with in this age of self-righteous busybodyism, but we also didn't have the internet in those days). And TOS. Really. TOS. 47 years ago, we saw, for one example, the Romulan Commander in TEI showing her panties in what was essentially an upskirt shot, on primetime. Now far tamer things are going to cause the apocalypse? :rolleyes: Please.

But I'll concede this much to the uptight: let us have swimwear and clubwear in fleet holdings, ship interiors, and places like Drozana and DS9. The first two are more or less private zones, and access can be controlled, so if a fleet officer dislikes seeing it, he/she can kick the "offender" out of the holding (subject to any policies laid down by the fleet leader), and if someone is visiting a starship interior, the owner can likewise kick the person who is dressed in a manner the ship owner doesn't like -- or a person who is uptight about how the ship owner and others present are dressed). The second two are places where you'll find plenty of off-duty personnel, and which have holosuites.

I'm also interested in seeing some footwear available for swimwear. Flip-flops, sandals, even some shoes/boots would be good. One of the NPC dancers on Risa is wearing a swimsuit and the beloved TOS Romulan/Mirror thigh boots!

I've been watching Trek since the 60s. I have all kinds of Trek stuff ranging from books, DVDs, sculptures, and medallions to uniform tops, action figures, photos, and toy ships (and pretty much all points in between). I can go on, but the point is that I'm a hardcore, devoted fan (to such an extent that I have occasionally joked that my religion is Star Trek, and I was only joking about three-fourths of the way; call this sad if you like, but I don't really care and can hold forth at length on why I was one-fourth of the way serious, with an education in Philosophy and Theology to boot), and I believe in freedom of choice, and not the imposition of someone else's views on me. The simple solution is one applicable to real life as well: if Joe Fred Distelfink doesn't like it and/or finds it ethically "wrong," then Joe Fred is free to refrain from doing it, but that gives Herr Distelfink no right to dictate to others what they can and cannot do. Obviously, limits have to exist, but there's a difference between saying "You cannot go outside naked" and "You must cover yourself completely lest you cause someone to lust after you." Someone else lusting is not my fault, no matter how I'm dressed, unless I deliberately try to seduce them, or are we still stuck in the old "blame the victim" mentality?

I'm not particularly interested in the whole set being made available under uniform category, but the belt and other accessories being available for uniform category would be nice.

That's kinda the same thing ...

That said, there are some pieces of uniform category which would fit nicely into off-duty and formalwear and clubwear, like the beloved TOS Romulan/Mirror thigh boots, the 7 of 9 boots, some additional skirts beyond what are currently available, gloves, belts, and a few other items.

Yeah, this makes no sense. Wearable with full swimwear (and almost everything else), but not with separates (I've managed only to get the floral tiara so far with separates).

Go to Gandala Station and look at the outfit tailor. It's a female Orion wearing the fed ToS mirror thigh high boots.

I wasn't saying the boots were never made for KDF females. I was saying they aren't available for KDF players to use and that it would be nice if they opened them up to us, or at least give us something similar.

On another note, the Risian Beachcomber and Risian Explorer off duty outfits need to have their color palettes changed. The palette they use is the faction uniform color palette. For example: My Reman allied with Fed has the Fed uniform color palette for his Risian outfits and my KDF Klingon has the KDF uniform color palette for his Risian outfits.

Edit: +1 for more boot options for off duty wear. Also I would like to have the 'Bulky Tall' and 'Bulky Tall 2' boots made for females. Currently they are only available for male characters. I remember way back when the 'Padded' boots were female only and Cryptic made them available for males, so it would be nice if the bulky tall boots were available for all species/genders/factions.

I also noticed the new 'Belt - Thick Leather' was available for non-KDF males for uniform and off duty wear. I'm not sure but this might have been intended for KDF only. What I'd like is to keep it the way it is (available for all factions), fix clipping issues (since it clips with some tops on non-KDF characters), and also make this belt available for females to use.
    edited June 2015
    OoO we feel dumb. Thanks! will look into it!

Man - you guys are so excited. I hope we address some of the things your asking for.

Again, this particular focus is just on lower uniform. We want to do similar passes on upper and armors - addressing many of the comments you all have had. Those are even bigger undertakings, so not sure when.

Off-duty and Uniform will remain separate for the foreseeable future. As fun and funny as it would be, it generally breaks the Star Trek immersion if all the crews ran around in shorts and bikini tops performing official duties.

Mercenary set was brought up a couple times. It really shouldn't have been flagged for off-duty. But we're afraid as a complete set - having been in for so long its probably best to leave in for now. Though the pants are no longer in tight, loose, and knee high categories.

Open up the full mercenary outfit as a uniform option. I've noticed a little while ago that some of my characters actually have the top available for uniforms. A long time ago belt 3 (I think) was made available for uniforms, around the time of the LoR expansion if I remember right. After the latest patch I noticed that all 3 mercenary belts can be worn with uniforms now.

Some players like to dress their bridge officers in outfits that don't conform to "uniform standards", which is the specific reason the Fleet Dilithium Miner and Fleet Spire outfits were made as uniform options. The Miner outfit is also available for off duty wear but not the Dyson outfit (and it would be nice of the Dyson outfit was available for off duty also). :)

P.S. Also with the latest patch I noticed the female belt from 'Formal Wear' is available for off duty and uniforms (but only in the tight pants option for uniforms). In uniform and off duty you don't have the option for the front or rear loincloth parts and is just the belt by itself. I'm not sure if this was intended or not but there is a lot of clipping issues with various tops. Edit: Female 'Formal' belt seems to be available for beachwear also.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Also, and I'm not sure if it's relevant or not, but my KDF Alien's arms, specifically her forearms clip with her sizable rump. "Cute" stance, by the way.

Edit: The sheer size of her immense hips cannot be properly expressed in words, so I will demonstrate by showing you this.

Honestly, that's your fault. Animations are generally designed for characters of at least semi-reasonable proportions. When you intentionally push proportions to the limit, you can't realistically expect everything to look right. Shrink her down some or go for a different stance is the advice I'd give you, and I'm reasonably sure a dev would reply similarly (not that I know what they'll say, it's just a guess based on what I feel are reasonable expectations).
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Go to Gandala Station and look at the outfit tailor. It's a female Orion wearing the fed ToS mirror thigh high boots.

Oh, there are definitely more Orion females in TOS Romulan/Mirror thigh boots than I mentioned. There's an Orion female in the beam-in room of the Captain's Table who also wears them, for example.

But yes, seriously, when we can see NPCs who are the same species and faction wearing things we can't, we're likely to be annoyed that we can't wear those things as well.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Honestly, that's your fault. Animations are generally designed for characters of at least semi-reasonable proportions. When you intentionally push proportions to the limit, you can't realistically expect everything to look right. Shrink her down some or go for a different stance is the advice I'd give you, and I'm reasonably sure a dev would reply similarly (not that I know what they'll say, it's just a guess based on what I feel are reasonable expectations).

This is true. All animations should be at least semi-functional with all "limited" options of the fixed races. While the alien creator abandons those limits, which is by itself a good thing to create, well, "alien" things, it should be part of creating your aliens to keep in mind that certain settings will clip with certain animations. If you going for bubbleheads, comic book characters or carricatures you should keep that in mind. Now, not that nice, full figured hips aren't nice to look at, but it's not reasonable to ask for "fixes" that are caused due to pushing certain sliders to extremes tht the actual skeletons in-game can't handle.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jexsamx wrote: »
    I feel that the word "fault" used in this context is a misnomer. I utilized the sliders to make one of my characters look like way I wanted. In what context would that "fault" anyone? Unless I was exploiting a bug, it is no one's "fault". It is my choice, however, and I don't think I understand why I should change her at all if I was rightfully given the choice. Telling some people to "play around it" is unfair, and that makes your suggestion unreasonable in my book.

Honestly, I'm just happy that I can get to do that regardless, but pointing it out, despite what you imply, probably isn't harming anything.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Oh, indecently, will any of these KDF stuff be looked at?

And, I know you aren't adding new stuff, but for the future maybe?
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    artan42 wrote: »
    Oh, indecently, will any of these KDF stuff be looked at?

And, I know you aren't adding new stuff, but for the future maybe?

With reference to the latter, in connection with the Romulan TOS uniform (at least, and arguably the Romulan TNG uniform -- although, really, some of that stuff reminds me of the poorly-tailored and ill-fitting suits which used to be characteristic of the mediocrity and apathy of handiwork available to the average citizen under the CCCP -- this latter critique has nothing to do with Cryptic, and everything to do with what the RSE was turning into at the beginning of TNG), I would not refer to "finishing what they started" as "adding new stuff."
    edited June 2015
    protogoth wrote: »
    Oh, there are definitely more Orion females in TOS Romulan/Mirror thigh boots than I mentioned. There's an Orion female in the beam-in room of the Captain's Table who also wears them, for example.

But yes, seriously, when we can see NPCs who are the same species and faction wearing things we can't, we're likely to be annoyed that we can't wear those things as well.

Yeah. The female boots from the Romulan ToS uniform in the c-store are just a copy of the Fed ToS mirror universe thigh high boots but with the romulan color palette. KDF feels kinda left out, so it would make sense to make those boots available for them. :)

Oh yeah, make the panels and pockets pants available for off duty wear. Currently they are only available as a uniform option it seems. Also, a long time ago the panels and pockets pants use to have a completely different texture. It was changed without mentioning it in the patch notes. Some players weren't too happy with the change and to this day I don't recall ever seeing a dev explanation as to why they felt they needed to change them. So another request would be to add in the old panels and pockets pants that have the old texture, but also keep the current version we have. Edit: It could be a 'Material' option that opens up when you have the pants selected instead of having 4 versions of the pants (they are found in 2 lower categories, 1 being knee high and the other being low ankle and both versions are slightly different).

Edit: I noticed the 'Panels and Pockets' pants on a female character available in the 'Loose Knee High' category but they are missing from the 'Loose Mid-Ankle' category. In mid-ankle they are slightly longer so you can wear shorter boots with them. In essence there are 2 versions of the pants and 1 version is missing on females.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You just mentioned one of the biggest issues, that should be addressed. There obviously have been many inconsistencies and seemingly arbitrary restrictions with costume pieces. This pass is a step to addressing that.

"Simply" making off-duty and uniform the same isn't simple at all. In fact it would be likely to unleash a whole new mountain of bugs. And yes, we know there have been many requests to merge the two, but there are also many hardcore, devoted fans that absolutely do not want to see some items released for uniform use.

It's a tricky balance but we are listening and making improvements.

When you get to uppers (and this may influence decisions before that):

I'd like to see the Talaxian uniforms made Duty.

They're suitable for duty wear. We have Talaxian BOs they'd work for.

In general, I'd suggest that anything worn with a combadge on the shows could work as a Duty uniform.

This would include the Ferengi and Talaxian outfits. And I think it would improve the popularity of certain types of BOffs to be able to costume them appropriately.

The same would go for "civilian" Cardassian wear and some similar options.

Since Vaadwaur and Kobali uniforms are duty, my overall preference would be to align the shift towards:

ACTION WEAR - Could a soldier (even a mercenary or a temporary recruit or an off-duty officer) wear it? Okay then.

RECREATIONAL WEAR - Party dresses, swim wear, dancing clothes. I have some different thoughts on the restrictions mind you.

Social zones? Not unless they're party zones like Risa. Though it would be fun to have a zone that changes over time, unlocking the party option and party clothes. This poses some replay issues but not every zone is big on replay. How often do people replay Nimbus, for example? This is more of a content suggestion but I'd love it if a zone LIKE Nimbus could evolve into a permanent Risa event-style zone with ongoing rewards, floaters, dance parties, etc. -- and the instanced missions replayable on a Holodeck. Drozana could be a test case for this since it has no floaters. Missions would unlock the rec wear options there.

Episodic Missions? Case by case. Not really in most of the current missions but it could be a nice feature.

Queued content? Yes in private queues. No in public queues.

Ship interiors? Eh. They're roleplay zones. Why not? I'd also like it if they could be expanded just enough (which means some lockbox additions, if only a turbolift and a hallway) to include a Holodeck deck with a choice of settings. Maybe the basic tech could be budgeted into an FE. More of a Taco fangs request. Anyone outside the arch area gets beamed back to the arch when the attached area gets changed.

Having holodeck missions hooked up to ship interiors (with one turbolift and a dummy hallway in different styles) would make ship interiors exciting.
  • rooster707rooster707 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay
    76561198032353876.png
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    This is true. All animations should be at least semi-functional with all "limited" options of the fixed races. While the alien creator abandons those limits, which is by itself a good thing to create, well, "alien" things, it should be part of creating your aliens to keep in mind that certain settings will clip with certain animations. If you going for bubbleheads, comic book characters or carricatures you should keep that in mind. Now, not that nice, full figured hips aren't nice to look at, but it's not reasonable to ask for "fixes" that are caused due to pushing certain sliders to extremes tht the actual skeletons in-game can't handle.

I think one thing that might assist with this is a costuming mode between "advanced" and "basic" or maybe a replacement "basic".

I know this is probably well beyond the scope of the current fixes... and is something that might benefit ALL of Cryptic's games if done right.

Let "advanced" clip, sure.

You could have a mode with key sliders restricted in towards "realism" and "not clipping".

And I think it would help to take a cue from games like APB by LINKING certain sliders so that certain numbers adjust to be in proportion to one another. To some extent, ship power levels in space combat already do this.

In general, real people have certain relationships between proportions. Bust size is going to link somewhat with bulk although that's not a perfect 1:1. But the corners of lips generally line up with the outside of pupils in eyes. When you hold your arms at your side, the deepest part of the fold between thumb and index finger is generally going to align with your pants inseam.

An intermediate mode or revising the basic tailor to follow "fewer sliders with preset proportional relationships" instead of full on presets might get people more into the tailor. I think the tailor scares people off. It's either something people don't fiddle with or it's hours of your life.

If you had this... and maybe some way to quickly set the "canon" color schemes for costumes... you'd see an increase in costume sales and you'd see better looking, more realistic toons.

I end up doing a lot of fine adjustments to get proportions realistic.

I'd suggest, if possible, that in "basic" mode:

- Fewer sliders.
    - Less slider mobility for certain sliders, minimized clipping.
    - Linked proportions between sliders. (Ie. hand/inseam, eye width/lip width, maybe height maintained when adjusting torso/leg heights.)
    - Color palettes for items restricted to canon colors (and you make sure the canon colors are available, which in most cases, they aren't, perfectly, when matched to NPCs).

Then going "Advanced" unlocks this more.

Even as someone used to advanced, I'd probably use basic to get started with a character and only click advanced to put on finishing touches. It would be a huge time saver for me... And I think it would get more people intimidated by the tailor into using it. And it would make the average character look better.
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    @stoleviathan99: As long as this 'basic' setting & linking sliders together wouldn't be mandatory. I like the improvement & more sliders & thus, more variety, they added with DR personally, don't want that to go away. But, as an optional setting? Sure, may help people to make things in tailor quick.

Also, regarding belts. I know there was recently a pass of female romulan shoulders, and there are two versions of them now; just slightly different to accomodate different tastes.

Is there any chance to do something like this with the Odyssey belt on females? I still personally can't stand how badly it looks on females, when it's mixed with Odyssey Long Jacket, as it just sits too low - & I would prefer it to sit where the old Jupiter belt sits? It's the sole reason I'm not using the Odyssey belt, and use the Jupiter one instead.. <.<

I'm asking, as clearly, accomodation to personal tastes have been done in other instances (Rom shoulders on females, iirc), having basicly the same item, varied - and we're having this topic about belts/pants/footwear... so thought it'd not hurt to ask for thisd option...?

To illustrate:

i1Jk7ef.jpg

The way the female version sits on the Odyssey Long Jacket now.. imho (again, try not to beat me, it's personal taste), looks too short,, almost 'OMG, I grabbed undersized uniform' kind of short - so pretty please, give us the option to have the belt sit in the same height, as the old Jupiter?

Pic of the Jupiter belt worn with the same uniform, for illustration - HERE <.<
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The way the female version sits on the Odyssey Long Jacket now.. imho (again, try not to beat me, it's personal taste), looks too short,, almost 'OMG, I grabbed undersized uniform' kind of short - so pretty please, give us the option to have the belt sit in the same height, as the old Jupiter?

Still agree with you on this. The female Odyssey belts at their current position look great on the standard/excursion Odyssey uniform jackets (much better than any of the older uniform belts we used to be stuck with if we wanted a belt did), but they just don't look as good on the long jacket/dress uniform. It would look better worn higher up with those.

An option like was added for the shoulderpads would be great. I know some adjustments were made to the different belts not too long after they were added, and now they all sit at slightly different heights, but none of them are really high enough for my tastes on those jackets.
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    I just saw this in the latest Tribble patch notes and wanted to say a Big Thank You :D

Changed Antares boot name to something more descriptive: "Boot Low Heel"

This has also been unlocked it for all species.
  • giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

cfpPALz.jpg
    Greenbird
  • crypticjoejingcrypticjoejing Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2015

Yes. Just kidding.

I'm guessing that the 22nd Century sash is missing? This is already fixed on the branch I'm working on so I'm assuming it will go live soon.

Also, I was just informed that the names have also been corrected to say 23rd Century.

• frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    crypticjoejing:

This is off-topic, but can you pass the following bug report to whoever works on the artwork for floaters.

Holodeck ticket 3,495,206: Errors in the artwork of floaters after the patch on June 11, 2015
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Out of curiousity, since they're listed under 'Belt' now, are there any plans to revamp the old kit visuals 'belts' that were added to the tailor a while back so that they actually have some sort of belt or something behind them and no longer simply look stuck-on to whatever a character's wearing?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • crypticjoejingcrypticjoejing Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    Out of curiousity, since they're listed under 'Belt' now, are there any plans to revamp the old kit visuals 'belts' that were added to the tailor a while back so that they actually have some sort of belt or something behind them and no longer simply look stuck-on to whatever a character's wearing?

It's the future. They use electro-magnets. Or something.

In all honesty, probably not. Or in the least it's lower on the priorities to many other things.
    Okay, that's an honest answer, no problem with that. I'll just pretend there's some kind of hard-to-see loops that they're hooked into, like the 'holsters' for phasers in TNG, y'know?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

In all honesty, probably not. Or in the least it's lower on the priorities to many other things.

@crypticjoejing - Could this be looked at as part of the Klingon revamp?
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited July 2015

Yes. Just kidding.

I'm guessing that the 22nd Century sash is missing? This is already fixed on the branch I'm working on so I'm assuming it will go live soon.

Also, I was just informed that the names have also been corrected to say 23rd Century.

You are a Q among men. Over and above the call of duty. I must buy Zen in thanksgiving.
    Post edited by giannicampanella on
    Greenbird
    edited July 2015

Yes. Just kidding.

Well it's about time. We told you guys over 2 years ago when the Romulan ToS uniform was released that it was incorrectly labeled as 22nd century. Thanks for finally fixing it and it's really appreciated you're finally giving the tailor some love. <3

Edit: I noted some outfit issues on tribble after the June 26 patch (but haven't checked since other patches have been released). Issues such as the Odyssey 1 badge still missing, even thought he June 19 Tribble patch said it was fixed. KDF lobi store 'Korath' boots can't be used with the 'Korath' pants since they only show up in the tight pants category and 'Korath' pants are in a different category. And other issues. The reason I posted this in the Tribble bug section is because these changes aren't on Holodeck yet. So I'm bringing attention to it here since this thread is actually still being monitored and posted in by devs and my thread over there has a little amount of views and no replies, which is making me suspect it isn't even being looked at. A major problem with this game is that bugs reported on Tribble go to Holodeck anyway far too often so I want things to be looked at and fixed before you wind up with more bugs to fix later and angry players screaming at you that something's broken and/or taken away from them when the intent wasn't to take anything.

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1192172/outfit-character-tailor-issues#latest

On Tribble server the 'Risian Explorer' pants and boots as well as the 'Risian Beachcomber' pants/shorts were completely renamed to be more descriptive of what they are instead of being named according to what outfit set they belong to. This could cause confusion among players after opening the box and not finding any 'Explorer' or 'Beachbomber' pants at all. Another issue I noted in my thread is that the 'Risian Beachcomber' outfit comes with a bare foot option for off duty wear but on Tribble there is no bare foot option in off duty wear. This was a big draw for the outfit. :(
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,240 Community Moderator

Would it be possible then to put Kit Belts as their own layer separate from belts? That way, a belt could be worn along with Kit Belts and it would at least look right. This was possible when Kits had the Enable/Disable Visuals option before they were added to the Tailor.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch

Would it be possible then to put Kit Belts as their own layer separate from belts? That way, a belt could be worn along with Kit Belts and it would at least look right. This was possible when Kits had the Enable/Disable Visuals option before they were added to the Tailor.

Or they could simply be moved from Belts to Hips Layer (same as where the Jem'Hadar pouch or Voth Light 'skirt' are).
  • strixtmachinestrixtmachine Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Any chance checking out the problem with KHG boots clipping legs on alien toons? After everything I've tried, I'm guessing it's just the alien thing, rather than something I did wrt sizing or whatnot.

Just changed some colors to make it easier to see.

shQwcE5.jpg

• tinyfistedtinyfisted Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    SQUEEEE!!!!! All the good heels are now in KDF/off-duty!!!! Thank you! Thank youthankyouthankyou!!!!
    86B6EC45459D17DB8AE6CD5F51C13A90CDC00A85
  • aliendejouraliendejour Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I'd like love to see as many TOS outfits available for as many species as possible (still missing gorn and female KDF).

An easy step toward that would be to make the TOS boots (male & female versions) open to all factions. Esp. since those are the same kind of boots that the Klingons wore in the TOS ep. Day of the Dove.

So what do you say crypticjoejing? Can we get that much? Please? :#
  • tinyfistedtinyfisted Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    The TOS Nurse's top makes a very nice generic top with the full palette and looks superb (and similarly non-faction) with the slightly longer (thus more tasteful) Academy skirt. :)
    86B6EC45459D17DB8AE6CD5F51C13A90CDC00A85