test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We can dance ...or can we?

Comments

• wraithrapterwraithrapter Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    suzanna3 wrote: »
    haha....erm no its not about "a private dance" its about an oversized troll continually jumping on and stalking at a public radio show party and at many other times. I suggest you read original post properly.:)

This is enough information for mods to shut this thread down. Just like every other thread I've seen on these forums about trolls, this thread will die like the rest. If you wanted a private party, you could have gone the "invite to starbase" route. As for the public party, you will always invite unwanted individuals. Ever hold a public house party in your town? I guarantee you would get a lot of unwanted guests.

My post was pretty on-topic. I was trying to give you a reason to keep this thread open, but now you've just outed yourself in a manner the rules deem irresponsible. This is literally a flamer's paradise. I'll be taking my leave.
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It is quite easy to base your reckless behavior on a bunch of players trying to defend themselves. You guys seem to be getting this all wrong. Someone states their opinion on why the OP is wrong and this thread becomes sticky paper for the veteran posters to up their post count- I mean, "state their concern". You guys are no different from the trolls you claim to fight.

Everyone in this thread is the same. If some of you wish to compare Starfleet Dental to a bunch of terrorists, then all of you are just like the Egyptians that destroyed their national museum when trying to gain "independence".

Nobody is a winner here and it's sad seeing other players stoop so low. Starfleet Dental helped me out, they also have a very mature sense of humor. Don't attack me on this, this is just my opinion. All of you, discussing your lives and what makes you special, have no right to be in this thread. This is a thread about dancing in a private dance with friends.

I can understand Trendy and the moderators' insanity here, we are all literal babies in adult bodies.:(

I personally dont think Dental is a group of terrorists, more like a bunch of teenage flashmobbers. Seriously, why can't members of said fleet be considerate of other people in game? For God's sake, they even post Youtube videos bragging about the way they harass other players.

If you want to actually have community outreach, then respect the community, otherwise your positive activities will continue be wash over by the blatant disrespect of others. This was made obvious on Vulcan when people were memorializing Leornard Nimoy. I dont understand what satisfaction comes with trying live on the Occam's Razor of player harassment.

Proving the players in his thread wrong won't come from deflection, or giving away goodies to cover up obnoxious behavior, but by courteous interaction with ALL of the playerbase.
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    The problem is that there is only so much one can do. The game itself doesn't have GMs or service personnel that would intervene when such behaviour takes place, at least since I started playing almost five years ago I never, ever heard of a case of in-game violations of the code of conduct have been acted upon, ever.

There is literally nothing players can do, aside from avoiding "public" situations altogether and blocking out the chat. The only way something happens is, appereantly, when a dev is annoyed directly by certain in-game behaviour (the memorial thing is one example).

In any case, I am amazed by the sheer amount of time and effort that is invested in annoying players in a videogame. Seriously, it must be at least equal to a side job :D

I totally agree Targ. The one thing that really show signs of an effort to right some of this games rudders would be the inclusion of GM's in the game. I am totlly stunned as to why this game has gone 5 years without GMs.
  • lukekillzzlukekillzz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Your doing so great Suzanna don't take any notice of these Starfleet Dental there just attention seekers looking to ruin everyone's life, players in this game should be allowed to play without a large troll continually jumping on them and stalking and harassing them.
    Th3TrueLuke.png
  • riyottsariyottsa Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    With all the man-children threatening to sue people IRL for stalking/harassment, Cryptic realized the players were handling the issues themselves so they need't bother. Hope that helps.
  • racialstereotyperacialstereotype Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    shazia9191 wrote: »
    Makes u think.

I heard that the man who bought PWE back was a member of Starfleet Dental.

Source: He may have been under the alias of Butts at the time.
    edited June 2015
    A wild guess... Atari was too cheap to keep paying for GM's, and PWE's too greedy to ban potential paying customers.

PWE will ban anyone they deem a threat. It isn't about cash at hand, it's about maintaining a game.
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If you want to dance you should play this. If you want to fly space ships then play STO.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Suddenly I'm reminded of that thread where someone compared the disco balls to being sexually assaulted...

Wasn't that the Ferengi whip ?

Sometimes I wish Cryptic would enable friendly fire in social zones. Someone gets trolled, They challenge said troll, who either has to agree to the challenge, or gets automatically banned from the instance in question.

ESD would be littered with piles of steaming corpses, but boy would it feel good.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• sanusisanusisanusisanusi Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They've banned people for using bots, for spamming RMT advertising in chat, for questionable CC charges, etc but they've never banned anyone for violating the ToS User conduct under F. “stalk,” threaten or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to another;

If they had one of those griefer types would have been on the forum after creating a disposable free account to scream bloody murder.

Perhaps they just don't interpret "stalk, threaten or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to another" the same way that you do. Perhaps they are a little more liberal in their application of the rule because otherwise they'd have to apply it every time someone in this game got their panties in a bunch over something ridiculously trivial and ran to the forums crying.
    sig2.jpg
    edited June 2015
    Right. They choose not to enforce the rules as they wrote them.

I did not say that. I am suggesting that your interpretation and Cryptic's interpretation of how the rule should be applied differs.
    sig2.jpg
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Since the planet is a wasteland, it could be like Nukara, but then there be an underground facility. There could he Heralds and Constructs roaming the ground, gateways to transport you across the galaxy and just a bit o' fun.
  • kitsuneseelekitsuneseele Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2015
    Unfortunately this is one of the reasons I haven't even done anything but the flight missions this entire summer. I don't like dealing with some of these people, so I just stay offline.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,362 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Unfortunately this is one of the reasons I haven't even done anything but the flight missions this entire summer. I don't like dealing with some of these people, so I just stay offline.
    Most of the rest of the galaxy is blissfully free of them just now, Great Bird be praised - excellent time to level those Delta Recruits who've just been sitting around. (Well, except that one of mine, Tovan Khev, is the one I sent to Risa so he could get the accolades there..)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited June 2015
    First off those are PWE's rules not Cryptics. Cryptic doesn't have the authority to create their own ToS.

Second I'm interpreting the rules exactly the way PWE wrote them. If PWE wants to use a different interpretation it's their responsibility to update their ToS so we will understand exactly what is and isn't against their rules.

Fair enough, PWE's rules. Now that the semantics have been dealt with;

Your interpretation, no matter how accurate you feel it is, is irrelevant. So is my interpretation. So is the OP's as well as the interpretation of everyone who has replied to this thread. The only interpretation that matters belongs to person sitting on the other side of the screen at Cryptic (pardon me, PWE) making the judgement on what is actionable and what isn't. Whether that's fortunate or unfortunate? I don't know, but that's their prerogative.
    sig2.jpg
  • kkraunkkraun Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm with Suzanna on this one.

The troll crowds your toon with his own, ,move to another instance and the guy follows you, move again, he follows again, ect... each time repeating crowding her toon.

Wish pwe/cryptic would read and enforce their own user agreement.
    edited June 2015
    None of you guys get it. The rules are there to make sure someone doesn't "dox" you. If they find out your personal information and then exploit that around the community, that is considered stalking. If someone is following your "toon", or character as I call it, that isn't stalking, it is following. There is an actual command that allows players to follow you.

It is also a conflict of interests and possibly loss in translation. I don't think cryptic manages the harassment cases in-game because the same messaging system they use is one similar to planetside 2.

Either way, players have been complaining about SFD for over 5 years. Nothing is being done and nothing will be done. Get over yourselves.

I WELCOME MY NEW OVERLORDS.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    Yeah, I saw that reference. Who's Dear Leader, and where's he at? That's not the weird plant in the corner is it?

Heh, Dear Leader?

He died; he died fife years ago and ascended to other worlds where he and likeminded are actually good at what they are doing.

Why his remaining children chose a path to decay his legacy by sending clowns to dance parties or giving away tips to space poor kids is beyond me.

Swiss Knight either turns in his toon grave over this or he is fortunate enough not to due to a chronic case of lack of caring about this game.

Either way there wisdom in Dear Leader; oh and he is a good player. ;)
    Nothing is being done and nothing will be done.

Wrong.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Heh, Dear Leader?

He died; he died fife years ago and ascended to other worlds where he and likeminded are actually good at what they are doing.

Why his remaining children chose a path to decay his legacy by sending clowns to dance parties or giving away tips to space poor kids is beyond me.

Swiss Knight either turns in his toon grave over this or he is fortunate enough not to due to a chronic case of lack of caring about this game.

Either way there wisdom in Dear Leader; oh and he is a good player. ;)

Wrong.

That's a lot of words for someone who's supposedly not bothered by our antics.
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It is quite easy to base your reckless behavior on a bunch of players trying to defend themselves. You guys seem to be getting this all wrong. Someone states their opinion on why the OP is wrong and this thread becomes sticky paper for the veteran posters to up their post count- I mean, "state their concern". You guys are no different from the trolls you claim to fight.

Everyone in this thread is the same. If some of you wish to compare Starfleet Dental to a bunch of terrorists, then all of you are just like the Egyptians that destroyed their national museum when trying to gain "independence".

Nobody is a winner here and it's sad seeing other players stoop so low. Starfleet Dental helped me out, they also have a very mature sense of humor. Don't attack me on this, this is just my opinion. All of you, discussing your lives and what makes you special, have no right to be in this thread. This is a thread about dancing in a private dance with friends.

I can understand Trendy and the moderators' insanity here, we are all literal babies in adult bodies.:(

It wouldn't be an attack on your opinion, it would just be a simple case of wondering why on Earth you decided to quote me for your reply and sharing your opinion there...that would be the wtf/lolwut thing that you'd likely see coming off as an attack on your opinion, when it's simply a wtf/lolwut for why did you quote me for that reply...er...cause uh...yeah...wtf/lolwut?
    edited June 2015
    grimrak1 wrote: »

Dude, the way this thread resolves you guys seem to hang out in some third party forums coordinating your activities to annoy single individuals or certain groups who run Star Trek Online. With your actions you make hypocritical fools out of yourself especially toward those who you claim of taking this videogame too seriously (lol).

If any references I brought up about the ones who made the fleet tag you seem to have concern you I recall doings worth of recognition. Doings which witness some creativity by players who had fun in this game and were actually good at it at some point while you guys seem to be as close to bore out as one can be.

So my “lot of words” were rather dedicated to antiques than antics.
    animated.gif
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited June 2015

You could say the same about this entire thread. 13k views and pushing 40 pages worth of replies over something so insignificant.

Count every other thread previously about player behaviour or performance, disco balls, or how one should properly control their pixels in remembrance and it adds up to a hella lot of words.

It's all a little bit embarrassing to see really. I just wish...you lot would cheer up.
  • robby0321robby0321 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You got punked by starfleet dental. Everyone knows all the dental fleets are trolls. Best to just put them on ignore and move on. Lik someone said earlier they have been reported for 5 years and the devs won't do anything about. If you wanna role play do it in a place they can't get to you or in a private channel.
  • grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Dude, the way this thread resolves you guys seem to hang out in some third party forums coordinating your activities to annoy single individuals or certain groups who run Star Trek Online. With your actions you make hypocritical fools out of yourself especially toward those who you claim of taking this videogame too seriously (lol).

If any references I brought up about the ones who made the fleet tag you seem to have concern you I recall doings worth of recognition. Doings which witness some creativity by players who had fun in this game and were actually good at it at some point while you guys seem to be as close to bore out as one can be.

So my “lot of words” were rather dedicated to antiques than antics.

We get it, you're bothered.
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    We get it, you're bothered.

Well for him to be bothered , first you'd have to be disturbed .

... and boy o'boy does it disturb you folk when other ppl try to have fun or play a game . 'coupaholic' was right , you guys should cheer up . All that N.Korea , TRIBBLE Germany & Daesh worshipping you do is giving you a :( , so much so that you spend a surprising amount of time , EC and $$$ in trying to pay & buy ppl to like you . How sad ...
    edited June 2015
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Well for him to be bothered , first you'd have to be disturbed .

Hm, I don’t know. I think “puzzled” is the right term. :)

I’m just having the feeling to look at a group of people not fitting in easy, well probably not even in other games. So running around like dancing clowns or something after preparing for this in forums is kinda the only thing left to do...

Well yea, that’s interesting but still somewhat sad. :o
    animated.gif
    edited June 2015
    I call for you, O great LaughingTrendy, please banish thy thread to the bowels of Kronos, forsake the wicked, scatter the innocent.

*lights candles in a pentagram*

O, LaughingTrendy, please bring this suffering to an end and guide us to the heavens above!

*hits drum and rattles some empty nuts*
This discussion has been closed.