test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[VIDEO] The Ferengi Nandi vs. Tholians [4m30s]

sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
Star Trek Online - Nandi vs Tholians HD

Just to show off how fun this ship is to fly and kick TRIBBLE in. Love the ship, I can't wait till i get my hands on it on Holodeck.

If you missed it, you can check out the written review of the ship here on Priority 1, which also includes a video overview.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nice and thanks!

I would love to see your loadout via STOAcademy's Skill Planner please. :D

Can't wait to pick one up just for yuks. Oh and good job on Priority One!
  • Options
    PhaserReign77PhaserReign77 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    How intresting. You went with with Arrarys for a war ship and not a DHC or DBB no torpedos that I could see either.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Lol, I am having a hard time watching the video, with such a funny avatar as grumpy cat!!!

Captain grumpy cat: "Tholians, do I look amused?"

:D
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, seconded...what's your build on that?
  • Options
    f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The new into graphics and Scorpions track was awesome also.

Nice work on the video , it was hard to tell, was you using the new console on that build? I thought I saw it once or twice, but wasn't sure, due to it being a new graphic.
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    sonulinu2 wrote: »
    Nice and thanks!

I would love to see your loadout via STOAcademy's Skill Planner please. :D

Can't wait to pick one up just for yuks. Oh and good job on Priority One!

If you follow the second link I posted to the P1P review, the video included shows the exact build. I'll be coming back later today though with something on sto academy.
    How intresting. You went with with Arrarys for a war ship and not a DHC or DBB no torpedos that I could see either.

It's a matter of preference. Just because something can fit something doesn't mean that it should.. after all an Atrox can fit DHCs but you wouldn't actually use them on that ship.

Beam Arrays are the most effective weapons for a 4/4 ship, DBBs+Omnis would also work but you would have a rear weapon slot that either A) doesn't contribute to the forward damage, or B) an unbuffed weapon such as a torp or a turret.

DHCs are viable, I just like zipping around at max speed and always hitting something, hence the BAs.
    f9thretxc wrote: »
    The new into graphics and Scorpions track was awesome also.

Nice work on the video , it was hard to tell, was you using the new console on that build? I thought I saw it once or twice, but wasn't sure, due to it being a new graphic.

The trait was active, but the console was not equiped.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Lol, I am having a hard time watching the video, with such a funny avatar as grumpy cat!!!

Captain grumpy cat: "Tholians, do I look amused?"

:D

No :mad:

/10char
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If you follow the second link I posted to the P1P review, the video included shows the exact build. I'll be coming back later today though with something on sto academy.

It's a matter of preference. Just because something can fit something doesn't mean that it should.. after all an Atrox can fit DHCs but you wouldn't actually use them on that ship.

Beam Arrays are the most effective weapons for a 4/4 ship, DBBs+Omnis would also work but you would have a rear weapon slot that either A) doesn't contribute to the forward damage, or B) an unbuffed weapon such as a torp or a turret.

DHCs are viable, I just like zipping around at max speed and always hitting something, hence the BAs.

The trait was active, but the console was not equiped.

What is the official DPS leagues perspective on [CRTD]x3 [PEN] vs [CRTD]x4?

I've gone with former myself for my newest builds. I'm also curious to test a [CRTD]x3 [OVER] Surgical Strikes build, it would hit like a brick wall against single targets but could still be DOFFed for shield penetration. Maybe useful in PvP?
  • Options
    cookiecupcakescookiecupcakes Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nice solo run! I LOVE the new intro graphics!!! Logo is hilarious also!
    EEiLA7V.jpg
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Wow, 4 of those Embassy Consoles? I never knew so many were viable... I guess the Universal Consoles (Zero Point, Nukara beam console) fell out of favour?
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    laferrari1laferrari1 Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    AP Beams: check
    FAW: check
    Plasma Explosions: check
    Kemocite: check
    drawing circles while doing the above: check
    killing npcs: check

Nothing to see here. :rolleyes:
    Is there even some variety in PvE? Do people even use something different than Antiproton beams? Like cannons? Torpedoes? Resist consoles? Heals? Counters?
    I need to get to him. I can't just leave him out there alone. - Sometimes you've got to makes sacrifices, Lara. You can't save everyone. - I know about sacrifices. - No, you know about loss. Sacrifice is a choice you make. Loss is a choice made for you. - I can't choose to let him die, Roth.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Wow, 4 of those Embassy Consoles? I never knew so many were viable... I guess the Universal Consoles (Zero Point, Nukara beam console) fell out of favour?

A Rom Tact with 5x SRO's can pull that off. :) Me, a lowly Fed Engineer, cannot afford to lose lose that much CrtH/CrtD, and need my Tachyo, Zero-Point, etc.

The Nukara Particle console is kinda useless, btw: you don't get the extra Acc during BFAW, and it just can't compete with an Embassy console otherwise (if you slotted it for the extra PrtG, even more reason to get an Embassy console in its stead).
    3lsZz0w.jpg