test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nervous Vacationers

sojournerxsojournerx Member Posts: 69 Arc User
Is there any purpose for the occasional scattering of Nervous Vacationers on Risa? Are we supposed to do something (help them)?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sojournerx wrote: »
    Is there any purpose for the occasional scattering of Nervous Vacationers on Risa? Are we supposed to do something (help them)?
    The only one I've ever seen is the one at the rope bridge. You can get a dialog box if you click on them, but that's it. Well, maybe there is an accolade? Been so long I don't remember...
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    The only one I've ever seen is the one at the rope bridge. You can get a dialog box if you click on them, but that's it. Well, maybe there is an accolade? Been so long I don't remember...

There's an accolade, "Won't Look Down". I'm not sure if it's specifically tied to the nervous vacationer there, but it's definitely that area.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    There's an accolade, "Won't Look Down". I'm not sure if it's specifically tied to the nervous vacationer there, but it's definitely that area.
    Yeah, "Won't Look Down" is granted out on the center platform. It is part of the "Master Relaxer" accolade you need to access the Risian Doff store.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There's another female one on the beach over the far side of the map near the rock arches, only ever seen her there once though. She says something about her friend climbing a tall tree on the small island opposite.

No idea what the point of her is though.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Vacation.. in the middle of a war with the Iconians... wouldnt they ALL be nervous... and AWOL?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    There's another female one on the beach over the far side of the map near the rock arches, only ever seen her there once though. She says something about her friend climbing a tall tree on the small island opposite.

Right; these are the only two I've seen as well. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious (which I do often).
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    kintisho wrote: »
    Vacation.. in the middle of a war with the Iconians... wouldnt they ALL be nervous... and AWOL?

Nervous? Certainly. Apart from that, it's the same story that already plagued Mass Effect. Yes. soldiers do take time off. Even in time of a desperate war. Because that's what humans need, some time off to sort themselves out. Even more so soldiers who probably need more sorting out than your average envelope pusher.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sojournerx wrote: »

These are "hints" for the hide and seek game you play with Pavyl...there are accolades for each step of the way.

Plus, you must complete Pavyl in order to finish the main accolade on Risa: Master Relaxer
    Master Relaxer accolade must be completed to be able to buy the Purple DOFFs at the Risa vendor.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Pavyl
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    where2r1 wrote: »
    These are "hints" for the hide and seek game you play with Pavyl...there are accolades for each step of the way.

Plus, you must complete Pavyl in order to finish the main accolade on Risa: Master Relaxer
    Master Relaxer accolade must be completed to be able to buy the Purple DOFFs at the Risa vendor.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Pavyl

Are you certain? I'm not so sure, because one of the two Nervous Vacationers that I've seen is located on a small beach at the northeast tip of the map, with the text:

"[NPC] Nervous Vacationer: I told them I could climb to the top of that tree on that island... but now I'm not so sure..."

This Nervous Vacationer is directly facing a very tall island with a very tall tree...it's actually the highest point in that corner of the map. The closest Pavyl location would be the rock arch, which is just after this island. The thing is, you're looking for Pavyl under the arch, not on top or anything about a tree as the NPC suggests. And the other three Pavyl locations don't match up with the NPC's text either (neither the rope bridge cave, lighthouse, nor the grotto cave.

So, I don't think the Nervous Vacationers are really Pavyl-related. There is one of those "Enjoy the View" parrots on that island, so perhaps these nervous nellies are related to them.
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »

The point is to remind players that the creepy Tiki Mask monkeys and Pavyl are on the prowl. That's why the NPCs are so nervous. They've heard the "stories". ;)