test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cleaning house w/ pants, belts, & footwear

Comments

• machel84machel84 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Dude, you may have missed it, but it got fixed... If your still showing bad costume slots, its just a hold over.. You CAN purchase additional costume slots and the dummy slots still showing will convert!

I know, I did it 2 days ago, and the last two "bugged" slots I had showing went poof and are real costume slots now...

Cryptic is NOT going to give you free slots to make up for it..That was said well over a year and a half ago.

SO go buy some slots and fix the anomaly... I promise you, its fixed, you just gotta take care of the last niggling little bit your self.

Wait... Your solution to the bugged costume slots, is to BUY MORE COSTUME SLOTS ? The bugged slots on my KDF character, are for costume slots I ALREADY PURCHASED. I'm not asking for FREE costume slots. I'm asking them to FIX the slots I already paid for.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Man - you guys are so excited. I hope we address some of the things your asking for.

Off-duty and Uniform will remain separate for the foreseeable future. As fun and funny as it would be, it generally breaks the Star Trek immersion if all the crews ran around in shorts and bikini tops performing official duties.

Is that related to my post earlier?
    artan42 wrote: »
    Any possibility of allowing the current 'Off Duty-Lower-Robe' options to be allowed in the lower section of the KDFs duty uniforms sets (males and females)?
    It's an easy way to make a Duras Sisters style skirt (the Vedik robe should work here) and also be available for males (As Kahless did in the show).
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • crypticjoejingcrypticjoejing Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2015
    Now now, ST5 does have one scene really worth watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpxRS8GORmk

(It's even better if you get as drunk as them first.)

Amusing :)
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    derrico1 wrote: »
    Is there a way to gain a costume DELETE button in character creator to make it much easier for us players who have so many costume slots. This is not deleting the slots but only the costume in those slots . I relize that we can modify which is good if changing small things but if large amount of options are to be changed a DELETE button would be so much easier . If u can please and Thank You.

Oh please this! Ever so much this! OM I coulda used this two days ago, so THIS!
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Is there a way to gain a costume DELETE button in character creator to make it much easier for us players who have so many costume slots. This is not deleting the slots but only the costume in those slots . I relize that we can modify which is good if changing small things but if large amount of options are to be changed a DELETE button would be so much easier . If u can please and Thank You.

Not sure how this relates to cleaning house w/pants, belts, and footwear, but Vote +1 for a delete button, please.

:D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • kuvakuva Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Do these changes allow barepaws option for cats (duty AND off-duty) and barefeet for the use with robes?

This, please! It's the single biggest change I'd personally like to see added to the uniform options. As an exclusively Caitian player, I'd jump at the chance to have the bare-pawed look similar to M'Ress with my uniforms and bridge officers. :)
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Don't hate us...but we've wracked our brains and can't figure out what the "TMP" outfits are. What's the full name?

Its the uniform they made out of old disco clothing to get rid of it. I still hate you its my nature to hate everything and everyone until I can eat them.
  • doctheopdoctheop Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The ugly single piece things.

How very dare you, sir! :P
    I LOVE TMP costumes. One of my first purchases.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    tymersto wrote: »
    Mercenary set was brought up a couple times. It really shouldn't have been flagged for off-duty. But we're afraid as a complete set - having been in for so long its probably best to leave in for now. Though the pants are no longer in tight, loose, and knee high categories.

Complete fail to deliver on the point premise of this thread
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If you're looking at just lower clothing items, the Orion Sandals options don't seem to be a option I can consistently use across various costume types, almost seems locked to the bare legs loin cloth leg options which imo shouldn't influence what foot wear I'd like to choose.

eg I believe all the skirt options require boots to be worn, no sandal option.

And yeah, colour palette needs to be more than shades or brown plz for KDF
    AFMJGUR.jpg
    edited June 2015
    The iconians see this weakness in the federation by mismatching several pieces of wardrobe they have taken out 2/3 of the federation. This will be known as the fashion war the iconians, the federation, and the mucus heads. Although because they are mucus heads they don't talk or even have any technology they just make all of the materials for devs to create the fashion wars.

I can see someone saying omg you are going to get court martialled those replicated shoes are a violation of the prime directive after labor day.
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    SO, patched today, went and played around with the tailor. Got some surprising things... that I made good use of thank you very much!

The "Formal" belt for KDF is now apparently wearable in ANY category other then swimwear (not combo's) This was previously formal wear and off duty, and apparently club wear.

Not a complaint, just noting for if this is a "As intended"

Risian Flower Ornaments unwearable with swimwear only..wearable with pretty much everything else.

Note that TOS KDF Female option does not have TOS thigh high boots... I've always thought this was an oversight.

I would like to see skirts KDF side wearable with off duty. The Bortasqu skirt makes an awesome leather LBD, but the Warrior skirt, and warrior skirt decorated would be good canditates for off duty wear, as would the TOS tight skirt and TOS split skirt Fed Side. RR characters can wear Republic dress skirt with off duty wear. This was a bit of a surprise.

Would very much like to see the option of once the KHG cape and the fur collar is unlocked by a player to have it availible for wear with any uniform (shoulder armor required). NPC's get to do this, and Anywhere I've seen it done in game on NPC's I really haven't seen any clipping issues. Take a chance!

You wont see this likely untill you come into work tomorrow. If I notice anything else, or if you have anything you want checked out here drop a PM to me in forum or in game.... Just look for "Kui" ((KDF Orion Female)). To the best of my knowledge I don't have any old costume bugs/exploits still hanging out in my costume entries.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I know with all the different uniform categories it may not be doable, however, whilst you are opening up options where possible is there any chance you could add some boots to the formal wear category?, Atares, Sierra, 7of 9 for example.

Because I would much prefer to use something like the 7of 9 short boots with the formal dress rather than those gladiator sandals.
  • giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Please liberate the TMP uniform color palette so they can be at last appear in canon pastels. Please. And the TOS unis, for that matter. In fact, make the large palette default for all. Why not?

Cripes.
    Greenbird
  • undyingzeroundyingzero Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Mr dev, is it possible in any way, shape or form to allow us who spent our hard-earned Lobi on the federation Wells uniform to be able to use the Wells badge with ANY uniform instead of forcing us to wear the Wells top in order to use the badge? That's literally the only reason I spent 200 lobi on that uniform, was to be able to rock the badge on my standard uniform, only to find out that SURPRISE! The badge is locked to the Wells top only. Extremely disheartening.
  • r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I would love to have a delete button for my broken outfits KDF side. The bug causing outfits to break was patched long ago, but the outfits the bug broke before being fixed are still broken and can not be edited.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,240 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    r5e4w3q2 wrote: »
    I would love to have a delete button for my broken outfits KDF side. The bug causing outfits to break was patched long ago, but the outfits the bug broke before being fixed are still broken and can not be edited.

I had a couple of broken KDF costume slots, too, but since the fix have been able to edit them. Seems like all I had to do was load a "working" costume into the broken slot to correct the problem.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Unfortunately I don't have cats with nekkid paws :( I'll strongly ask you guys to look into it, not wearing shoes even in uniform was a central trait of at least Caitians on TAS :)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • rokegpierokegpie Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    KDF females don't have access to thigh high boots. What you saw was a user that had used a bug/glitch to outfit their character in pieces they weren't suppose to have. (I've actually seen a Federation Alien on Drozana once that was wearing the Orion bikini parts)

To clarify, I was referring to an NPC on DS9's promenade. There's two Klingon weapons vendors, and standing between them is a dancing Orion female with thigh high boots.
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    artan42 wrote: »
    Is that related to my post earlier?

I'm not asking you to do anything. What I'm telling is the solution. I finally got rid of the last two bugged costume slots I had by just spending 200 zen and getting two slots.

I don't know why, when they did the fix on the costume slots, it still left some players with bugged slots. It did me.. At one point I had 5 bugged slots.

I'm also absolutely sure that the reason the last few issues with it not getting fixed is ...just as an off hand wild TRIBBLE guess, it would have borked the data base.

So the choice of fixing the issue at this point is really up to you. There is a workable "work Around" that works.. and requires little work on your part...

Or, you can just live with it. Its at the very worst a minor annoyance. It's not a game breaker, but digging in to start manually editing the database that the server maintains could break things.

It's also man hour intensive.. because when I say manually, I mean manually.. data on a screen in an editable window. One miss key while correcting a data entry could mess up the entire data base and cause a recursive error on read. I've DONE this IRL and its not something you want to do. It's likely not that difficult to remove correct any one entry. Buts its not cost effective for them to fix this issue on a by customer request basis.

On a scale of one to ten as a problem, it rates a 1.. It is mearly an annoyance, but does not effect game play in any other way.

As a note, I've played a KDf toon since the moment I could make one post launch. KDF side players were the ones that got hit hardest by the slot bug for what ever reason. And most costume slot issues are still with KDF players.. Theres other things that have effected KDF play that have been there since launch.. still.

The studio is going to prioritize where they're going to spend the man power on bugs. This one is a very low priority. It'll get fixed when someone at cryptic figures out how to fix it, with out breaking anything else.

I'm sorry you took offense. It was not intended.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
    edited June 2015
    Complete fail to deliver on the point premise of this thread

Hahaha! I know right! If it was all up to me, it would have been fixed.
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    KDF females don't have access to thigh high boots. What you saw was a user that had used a bug/glitch to outfit their character in pieces they weren't suppose to have. (I've actually seen a Federation Alien on Drozana once that was wearing the Orion bikini parts)

Incorrect. "Night of the Comet" shows at least one Orion (the female bartender) wearing thigh boots which look exactly like the TOS Romulan/Mirror boots (and it used to show more Orions in the same boots, but I haven't paid enough attention on recent runs of that mission to notice whether or not that be yet the case). For those with access to the Captain's Table, there is an Orion Admiral who is dressed like the other Orions in the room with her, except that she's wearing the same TOS Romulan/Mirror boots. And NPC is not player, so when someone says "I saw an Orion NPC on DS9 wearing them," pay attention to the "NPC" portion of the statement.

There's frankly no good reason to keep these from the KDF, and both they and the 7 of 9 boots would make great footwear for off-duty, formalwear, and clubwear as well.
    Off-duty and Uniform will remain separate for the foreseeable future. As fun and funny as it would be, it generally breaks the Star Trek immersion if all the crews ran around in shorts and bikini tops performing official duties.

Not really all that immersion-breaking, for several reasons which have been given in threads discussing costume options in the past. More to the point, I don't appreciate someone else's subjective aesthetics or (supposedly) religious ethics (much less the pseudo-puritanism of certain troll groups -- who shall remain nameless in accord with the Forum Rules, even though we all know which groups are intended without any names being dropped -- used as an excuse to "justify" their harassment of other players) being imposed on me.

And small furry animals are not going to suddenly explode, children's blood is not going to flood the streets, and people in general will not drop dead from coronary arrest if I'm allowed liberty to wear a bikini somewhere off Risa.

Also, do not trot out the tired and illogical claim that the censorship is "for the children." I didn't agree to help raise someone else's children, nor otherwise be responsible for insulating them from real life, which I believe to be a detrimental thing, and not at all beneficial, but apart from that, doesn't a person have to be at least 13 to even make an account? I'm pretty sure most 13 year-olds have seen far more explicit imagery. I certainly had by that age (of course, back then, PG got away with a lot more than even R can get away with in this age of self-righteous busybodyism, but we also didn't have the internet in those days). And TOS. Really. TOS. 47 years ago, we saw, for one example, the Romulan Commander in TEI showing her panties in what was essentially an upskirt shot, on primetime. Now far tamer things are going to cause the apocalypse? :rolleyes: Please.

But I'll concede this much to the uptight: let us have swimwear and clubwear in fleet holdings, ship interiors, and places like Drozana and DS9. The first two are more or less private zones, and access can be controlled, so if a fleet officer dislikes seeing it, he/she can kick the "offender" out of the holding (subject to any policies laid down by the fleet leader), and if someone is visiting a starship interior, the owner can likewise kick the person who is dressed in a manner the ship owner doesn't like -- or a person who is uptight about how the ship owner and others present are dressed). The second two are places where you'll find plenty of off-duty personnel, and which have holosuites.

I'm also interested in seeing some footwear available for swimwear. Flip-flops, sandals, even some shoes/boots would be good. One of the NPC dancers on Risa is wearing a swimsuit and the beloved TOS Romulan/Mirror thigh boots!
    there are also many hardcore, devoted fans that absolutely do not want to see some items released for uniform use.

I've been watching Trek since the 60s. I have all kinds of Trek stuff ranging from books, DVDs, sculptures, and medallions to uniform tops, action figures, photos, and toy ships (and pretty much all points in between). I can go on, but the point is that I'm a hardcore, devoted fan (to such an extent that I have occasionally joked that my religion is Star Trek, and I was only joking about three-fourths of the way; call this sad if you like, but I don't really care and can hold forth at length on why I was one-fourth of the way serious, with an education in Philosophy and Theology to boot), and I believe in freedom of choice, and not the imposition of someone else's views on me. The simple solution is one applicable to real life as well: if Joe Fred Distelfink doesn't like it and/or finds it ethically "wrong," then Joe Fred is free to refrain from doing it, but that gives Herr Distelfink no right to dictate to others what they can and cannot do. Obviously, limits have to exist, but there's a difference between saying "You cannot go outside naked" and "You must cover yourself completely lest you cause someone to lust after you." Someone else lusting is not my fault, no matter how I'm dressed, unless I deliberately try to seduce them, or are we still stuck in the old "blame the victim" mentality?
    Mercenary set was brought up a couple times. It really shouldn't have been flagged for off-duty. But we're afraid as a complete set - having been in for so long its probably best to leave in for now. Though the pants are no longer in tight, loose, and knee high categories.

I'm not particularly interested in the whole set being made available under uniform category, but the belt and other accessories being available for uniform category would be nice.
    kazabok wrote: »
    How about allowing all Uniforms items in the Off-Duty section. Then just limiting things like holiday shirts and formal wear to the Off-Duty section?

That's kinda the same thing ...

That said, there are some pieces of uniform category which would fit nicely into off-duty and formalwear and clubwear, like the beloved TOS Romulan/Mirror thigh boots, the 7 of 9 boots, some additional skirts beyond what are currently available, gloves, belts, and a few other items.
    Risian Flower Ornaments unwearable with swimwear only..wearable with pretty much everything else.

Yeah, this makes no sense. Wearable with full swimwear (and almost everything else), but not with separates (I've managed only to get the floral tiara so far with separates).
    edited June 2015
    The "big" update isn't out yet so the various few items you've noticed here and there were somewhat random bug fixes that lead to the big overhaul.

You'll know when it's the real deal when you see the updated lower body category name changes. "Loose Knee High" has been changed to "Tucked High", for example.

You should without a doubt notice some items that weren't available before for some species and/or categories (yes the formal belt is intentional). We hope it makes a lot of people happy and addresses many of the requests/bugs pointed out by you all.

That said we still had to be fairly cautious w/ our unlocks so it doesn't conflict w/ the IP and/or purchases players have already made.

You can also imagine, with the literal hundreds of items, and literal thousands of possible combinations, there are bound to be new bugs that will need to be ironed out. We'll also evaluate where it is at that point to see if there are any items we were too open with or too conservative with.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Are you also reevaluating proper faction uniform unlocks for Diplomacy BOFF's Starfleet uniforms and Romulan ally BOFF's Republic uniforms? I'd rather my crew not be half 'temp transfer officers', but rather look the part of full-service members of the faction their captain is a part of.

Also, and I'm not sure if it's relevant or not, but my KDF Alien's arms, specifically her forearms clip with her sizable rump. "Cute" stance, by the way.

Edit: The sheer size of her immense hips cannot be properly expressed in words, so I will demonstrate by showing you this.
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    "Immersion" as an argument for costume restrictions is kinda irrelevant IMHO, seeing as how we have starfleet, romulans and klingons flying around in completely alien ships all over the places in the game. :rolleyes:

I mean there is absolutely no canon precendent whatsoever for this on the scale were seeing.
    So yeah, honestly do not see any harm whatsoever in letting people make their characters look however they want.

Creativity and Freedom of choice are some of the things that make a good MMO.
    edited June 2015
    The "big" update isn't out yet so the various few items you've noticed here and there were somewhat random bug fixes that lead to the big overhaul.

You'll know when it's the real deal when you see the updated lower body category name changes. "Loose Knee High" has been changed to "Tucked High", for example.

You should without a doubt notice some items that weren't available before for some species and/or categories (yes the formal belt is intentional). We hope it makes a lot of people happy and addresses many of the requests/bugs pointed out by you all.

That said we still had to be fairly cautious w/ our unlocks so it doesn't conflict w/ the IP and/or purchases players have already made.

You can also imagine, with the literal hundreds of items, and literal thousands of possible combinations, there are bound to be new bugs that will need to be ironed out. We'll also evaluate where it is at that point to see if there are any items we were too open with or too conservative with.

This raises so many issues especially the ones with different pieces of costumes that have been broken for years but most likely will not even be fixed nor getting the attention of even having bugs to iron out.

The other tip of the sword is that yeah bugs do occur. Although the bad thing is it has become over time acceptable so then we have all these bugs that go out never being fixed update to update.

Then another issue is that the grind treadmill has gotten way old even for the industry itself so its nice we got a T6 veteran ship but in the end its not going to make the gameplay any more appealing than when you burn out on it for grindfests in which these grindfests are a way you are to acquire these costumes but yet not working for years.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ...We'll also evaluate where it is at that point to see if there are any items we were too open with or too conservative with.

Do yourselves a favor, be too conservative on the initial sweeps. If you are too open, and someone uses things that way and you then take it back, they will easily be three times as mad as if they never had it to begin with. Been there, done that.

Start off on the tighter belt, and loosen it in increments.

I know some people will hate me for saying this, but it is something I learned the hard way somewhere else. And no, I will not say where!
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
    edited June 2015
    This raises so many issues especially the ones with different pieces of costumes that have been broken for years but most likely will not even be fixed nor getting the attention of even having bugs to iron out.

Think you might have misunderstood the point of this pass. It is meant to address a multitude of existing bugs...many of which have been around for years as you said.

There were dozens upon dozens of clipping bugs that we couldn't fix by adjusting geometry on a case by case basis. As fixing one thing would break another. Most of this was due to extreme misuse of the category settings. Similarly was the seemingly random restrictions on many of the pieces. The categories need to make sense...and actually be utilized for things to work properly.

So to clarify, there might new bugs introduced, but these should (hopefully) be a much smaller scale than the bugs that we solve with this pass. Our goal is improvement and resolution, not add to the problems.
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited June 2015
    That reminds me, in the distant past the feet high slider controlled the high of the heel on the 7 of 9 boots. These days it just makes the actual feet thicker or thinner while the heel stays the same.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Do yourselves a favor, be too conservative on the initial sweeps. If you are too open, and someone uses things that way and you then take it back, they will easily be three times as mad as if they never had it to begin with. Been there, done that.

Start off on the tighter belt, and loosen it in increments.

I know some people will hate me for saying this, but it is something I learned the hard way somewhere else. And no, I will not say where!

Yeah, it's always better to wind up giving more then taking away even a little.