test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Players block powerplant with cover shields at Defera

madeyejudemadeyejude Member Posts: 24 Arc User
and also spamming ppl with match or team invites. Happend just now, between 11.00 and 12.30 european time.

Reporting them in game will probably not work as always. Also sending reports at the Arc site doesnt work as I get a "bad server request".

These guys are harassing other players even when they ignore them and dont talk to them. So much so for not feed the trolls. I had to turn of all invites on all toons to finally have them stop.

They are all from the same fleet: "Guardians of Angelus' " and "Guardians of Angelus" .

these 2 send spam invites for matches

At Defera they block the entrance of powerplant with covershields in all 2 instances. It makes it almost impossible to play the mission.

They also use nice TRIBBLE names like "Adolf Hitler" or "Josef Goebbels"

Please, this fleets seriously needs to get banned. They sometimes hang around in Risa too and harass ppl there too.
I will send a report too when its finally possible again.
But mods should be aware of it too and report it.

Thank you.
Post edited by madeyejude on

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Please remove the given @handles as soon as possible in your OP as they are in direct violations to forums rules.

If you do, your matter gets a better chance of beeing addressed.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • madeyejudemadeyejude Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    yeah well, okay I will remove the @handle but not the fleet name.

I would have reported them using the support if possible.

I dont know why using names in this matter is such a problem.
    If a moderator wants to know the @handles just send me a note.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    madeyejude wrote: »

I dont know why using names in this matter is such a problem.
    If a moderator wants to know the @handles just send me a note.

I understand your problem and so will the moderators. We have a “no naming and shaming” policy around here which is strict. So better do not include the @handles in any postings even though those dudes are in direct violation with game rules themselves.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • madeyejudemadeyejude Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    fine with me :)

I'm sure these guys will be up for more problems during the marks weekend. They camp at defera knowing more players will show up for bonus marks. I'm pretty sure they will find some more ways to TRIBBLE with other players as this is the only thing they want.
  • bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Sounds like a good time. I guess if your trying to recruit for these guys your going about it the proper way. lol
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    I'm guessing the individuals are the same ones that have been outed on a facebook group earlier. Hopefully they're not bring disrepute on another fleet as they tried to do last time. But at least one of them has been doing this sort of thing for a number of months now. At one point he or she even went as far as to try and pass themselves of as Bluegeek (which was reported by the way). Looks like they've either found a few fellow basement dwellers or are multi-boxing.

Simply adding them to your ignore list does nothing to stop the spamming of challenge invites. Personally I don't see the fun in it. When I was subject to it I just logged and went into another game for a few hours. Hopefully Cryptic will work something out to stop these muppets before too long. Either that or they dry up and blow away.

I'm afraid all you can do it use a cat if you have one because they can jump and clear the cover shields or hope they get bored and leave everyone alone. But as for having to deal with these people in the first place you all have my sympathy.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sqwished wrote: »
    Personally I don't see the fun in it.

Really, after reading the forums post it usually generates, you cant see the fun of it? I am just an innocent bystander and it amuses me immensely ;)

The highest form have happyness is schadenfreude :D
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    woodwhity wrote: »
    Really, after reading the forums post it usually generates, you cant see the fun of it?

No. I've honestly never understood the whole "feeling happy by tormenting others" thing. Seems like some kind of psychiatric disorder.

edit: this is different from the normal kind of "something bad happened to someone who deserves it" schadenfreude. "Spew random misery upon random undeserving people" isn't remotely the same thing.
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    kiralyn wrote: »
    No. I've honestly never understood the whole "feeling happy by tormenting others" thing. Seems like some kind of psychiatric disorder.

edit: this is different from the normal kind of "something bad happened to someone who deserves it" schadenfreude. "Spew random misery upon random undeserving people" isn't remotely the same thing.

Well said.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• divvydenddivvydend Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Really, after reading the forums post it usually generates, you cant see the fun of it? I am just an innocent bystander and it amuses me immensely ;)

Only someone who would carry out the type of trolling mentioned in OP would find a "malicious pleasure in seeing others suffer".

Do you also enjoy pulling the legs off spiders?
  • bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    kiralyn wrote: »

We all have it coming kid.
  • originalshakkaroriginalshakkar Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2015

But this just confirms that you are the type of person that cost MMOs more money than they spend. You, sir, are a griefer. And that's not a compliment.
    I used to be Shakkar with thousands of posts. My very identity was stolen from me so now I am originalshakkar, the original.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Schadenfreude is generally held to be enjoyment of watching others suffer, often in relief that it didn't happen to you. Enjoying watching someone suffer due specifically to the deliberate actions of yourself or others is called "sadism".
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    bobs1111 wrote: »

It isn't up to you, or anyone here, to dish "it" out. If you think it is your job, add narcissistic onto sadistic and maybe even sociopathic.

Do you have a good therapist?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    All this griefing from Cover Shield, why don't they just remove the geometry and let us walk through them?
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    darkjeff wrote: »
    All this griefing from Cover Shield, why don't they just remove the geometry and let us walk through them?

Just made this regarding another example of cover shield briefing. The same 2 suggestions remove it or give us the means to walk through it.
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I got a snarky reply from Bort on reddit about saying "just" like it was easy.

It makes me think about Force Field Dome, which pretty much has the functionality we want - blocks enemies, doesn't block players. Only thing is that it's a full 360 sphere and only gives Damage Resistance, not blocks line of effect.
  • rampantandroidrampantandroid Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'll pile on to this thread: I'm on the Holodeck server - they camped at Paradise on Nimus 3, both instances. I had to eventually give up on my quest and just log off. I've reported EACH person participating, but there's been zero action made on my reports.

I don't play STO much, and frankly if there's no quick way to get a fix for this type of stuff (which is vastly different from my experiences on WoW) then I'll probably just ditch STO. There needs to be a way to get a GM's attention quickly so they can SEE what is going on and take immediate action.