test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Point Blank Shot has morphed into Up Close and Personal with this patch.

jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
edited June 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I unboxed the space trait Point Blank shot on Vel@Jarvisandalfred last week, and tested to confirm that it was working.

After maintenance today, I no longer have that trait on that character, but now instead of have Up close and Personal, and it was actively slotted (where Point Blank Shot previously was.)
SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yep, same here.
    giphy.gif
  • lametiqolametiqo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Same here, just had the Space version (Point Blank Shot), and when I checked on Niza@nPoon, it's gone and I now have the ground version (Up Close and Personal)
  • iusassetiusasset Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I can confirm this bug.

Main character Atem@iusasset had unboxed both traits; upon logging in after today's maintenance, Up Close and Personal replaced Point-Blank Shot in the slotted list, but both traits remained in the full list of available traits (however, their positions in the list were switched).

Alt character Ariadne@iusasset, however, had only unboxed Point-Blank Shot. After today's maintenance, Point-Blank Shot is no longer available as an available trait, and has been replaced with Up Close and Personal.
  • hojain2020hojain2020 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Same here sigh! :(:(:(
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    bollywood15_zpskyztknwo.gif
  • jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I had both traits ... when i logged in after patch, the actively slotted space one was replaced with the ground one...

As if the ID's were swapped around between these traits.
  • xvleonbxvleonb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Chiming in here as well. Did House Pegh today for the first time and picked Point Blank Shot Box, said Point Blank Shot. Learn it and get Up Close and Personal. Repeat Mission, Pick Point Blank Shot again, won't let me use the second box, saying I already have that trait.

Flustering.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Same here.

/10
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yes, another confirmation....the fun just never ends. Here is an idea, give us kites to fly and sticks to fight with I can't imagine that the people doing the programing could mess that up, but then again.....:P
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    [8:01] [System] [NumericReceived] You received 1 Space Trait: Point Blank Shot

When I go to trait it....

http://i.imgur.com/I98D3S8.png

Only Up Close and Personal shows up, and no Point Blank Shot.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2015
    We're looking into this. If there's anything pointing at the wrong Traits, we'll get it straightened out and players shouldn't have to reclaim anything.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Did you change maps afterwards?

I have to, to get any new trait to show up..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Both House Pegh traits appear to be effected, my ground engineer now has the space trait and my space tac has the ground trait. Was the other way around before maintenance.
  • trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Assuming I had forgotten to pick it, I replayed the episode to get "Point Blank Shot" just to realize I had run into the same issue as you guys. So now I have a spare box of "Point Blank Shot" bound to character that I can't use for anything. Are these traits supposed to be claimable as rewards even though you already have them?
    ---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
  • hawkrunnerhawkrunner Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    trekpuppy wrote: »
    Assuming I had forgotten to pick it, I replayed the episode to get "Point Blank Shot" just to realize I had run into the same issue as you guys. So now I have a spare box of "Point Blank Shot" bound to character that I can't use for anything. Are these traits supposed to be claimable as rewards even though you already have them?

Yeah, I thought it a bit strange that we can continue to claim a trait that we already own.

I wonder if you would've picked the Up Close and Personal trait, if it would have given you Point Blank Shot instead.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2015
    hawkrunner wrote: »
    I wonder if you would've picked the Up Close and Personal trait, if it would have given you Point Blank Shot instead.

Yes. They are currently reversed, it seems.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Lol awesome bug.

Cant you guys do anything without putting 10 bugs into the game?
    Maybe your management needs to give you guys more time to make stuff correctly.
  • jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015

Hotfix coming soon, or is a fix in next week's patch?

Because a hotfix tomorrow/saturday means I'll wait, thursday means I'll just get the trait today. I like that trait, it's a good trait.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

• zebulaanzebulaan Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Very nice

played House Pegh on three chars, chose space trait three times, and received ground trait three times.

Is anything working here at all? Besides monetization of course....
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I wonder how this is gonna be fixed. Assuming I pick a reward before the fix, will the reward trait remain the one one receives now (different than the one one chooses as a reward), or will it revert to be the correct trait that we picked?

I ask because I have both the ground a space traits already and thus wish the ship trait now. Should I rather pick the ship trait (and receive the ground trait) or pick the ground trait again and directly receive the ship trait I want?

Hmm, it's starting to make my head turn...
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Just checked my 2 mains and sure enough they no longer have the "Point Blank" trait, and now have "Up Close and Personal".

The strange this is, when I got the trait and changed maps to see it, I slotted it on both my mains, but now it changed to the ground trait and I have a random trait slotted in the space trait's place..

Weird!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Is there going to be an emergency patch for this?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • zombieberryzombieberry Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    We're looking into this. If there's anything pointing at the wrong Traits, we'll get it straightened out and players shouldn't have to reclaim anything.

EDIT - Found it...lol I'm slow
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    edited June 2015
    For more fun, I try to unbox Point Blank Shot, the trait I used to have that has swapped over, and the game says I already have it.

I will, thus, test to see if it's just a display error, and it actually is still working as the trait it was when I claimed it.

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

• hawkrunnerhawkrunner Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    toiva wrote: »
    I ask because I have both the ground a space traits already and thus wish the ship trait now. Should I rather pick the ship trait (and receive the ground trait) or pick the ground trait again and directly receive the ship trait I want?

As I understand it, the Starship Trait "The Best Defense" is working fine, so you should have no problem picking that one up. The problem lies with the Personal Traits.

If you want "Up Close and Personal", then choose the "Point Blank Shot" box, and if you want "Point Blank Shot", choose the "Up Close and Personal" box.

This is assuming that the trait tooltips are actually correct, and the swap won't be reversed at some point. Maybe best to just grab both?
  • onyx610onyx610 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    i had up close and personal before the patch and it did not change.

Post patch i opened Point Blank and got nothing. then i got up close and personal... and got nothing (But it let me open it). then i got a second Point Blank shot and cannot use it. because i apparently have no life i then ran it again and claimed up close and personal again.

Now i have two trait boxes i cant use, but only have Up close and personal slottable.

LAME.
    edited June 2015
    For more fun, I try to unbox Point Blank Shot, the trait I used to have that has swapped over, and the game says I already have it.

I will, thus, test to see if it's just a display error, and it actually is still working as the trait it was when I claimed it.

The whole trait is swapped. I had claimed the space trait, it is now the ground trait, and a controlled test shows that it does nothing in space. :/

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

• gameshogungameshogun Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Hmm, something to add.

The reports submitted have the following:
    A. In the trait list, the "Space Trait: Point Blank Shot" is now showing as "Ground Trait: Up Close and Personal" and vice versa
    B. In the reward list, the "Ground Trait: Up Close and Personal" is now showing as "Space Trait: Point Blank Shot" and vice versa

But the problem is, it cannot be both. Here's my scenario:

1. I have in my Trait list "Space Trait: Point Blank Shot".
    2. If what was reported that it is actually "Ground Trait: Up Close and Personal", and
    3. If what was reported that the reward selection "Ground Trait: Up Close and Personal" is actually "Space Trait: Point Blank Shot", then
    4. Why is it I cannot use the reward box "Ground Trait: Up Close and Personal".

The only possible explanation is that, the rewards list is showing the correct rewards. The one that got switched was the list in the Trait window.

Hope that helps.
    [ Home | Bio | Send me a gift! ]
    [ Blog: YOOki Chronicles ]
    [ Verify me: Keybase | OpenPGP ]

"Someone should do a story where a Horta meets a Vorta. And then they find a portal to Vorta-Vor and become immortal. Sorta." ~Christopher L. Bennett
  • cjseven01cjseven01 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Just had this issue as well
    edited June 2015
    gameshogun wrote: »
    Hmm, something to add.

The reports submitted have the following:
    A. In the trait list, the "Space Trait: Point Blank Shot" is now showing as "Ground Trait: Up Close and Personal" and vice versa
    B. In the reward list, the "Ground Trait: Up Close and Personal" is now showing as "Space Trait: Point Blank Shot" and vice versa

But the problem is, it cannot be both. Here's my scenario:

1. I have in my Trait list "Space Trait: Point Blank Shot".
    2. If what was reported that it is actually "Ground Trait: Up Close and Personal", and
    3. If what was reported that the reward selection "Ground Trait: Up Close and Personal" is actually "Space Trait: Point Blank Shot", then
    4. Why is it I cannot use the reward box "Ground Trait: Up Close and Personal".

The only possible explanation is that, the rewards list is showing the correct rewards. The one that got switched was the list in the Trait window.

Hope that helps.

When you try to unbox a trait, it grants you the opposite trait that it lists. To get my Point Blank Shot back, I had to unbox an "Up Close and Personal" trait box.

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki