test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dyson sphere ground battlezone broken

slachanceslachance Member Posts: 144 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Since the last update, dyson sphere ground battlezone is broken. It keeps crashing the game forcing an automated issue submission request. It also prompts a verifications of game file.... I have verified 4 times and dyson sphere ground battlezone still crashed game....

No other zone crashes game it is only dyson sphere ground battlezone
Post edited by slachance on

Comments

• Options
    markdb2011markdb2011 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    not everyone is crashing there so I think its how your setup maybe. There could be a certian option you have turned on that causing it. Try turning your graphics to low and change to dx9 and see if fixed. Also turn off on demand patching so you have all the data.
  • Options
    dourifdourif Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I too get crashes all the time (sometimes even during the load screen (the one after you choose your character). I've tried everything, from changing directX, verification start-up, safe mode and even turning everything down in the display/graphic settings and when I think that did the trick it just comes back.

And I have no problems at all with the rest of the game
  • Options
    highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Its not our Computers or Setup, it IS the Game, they somehow Messed up the Dyson Battleground, Specificaly the Outskirts Many Players are Crashing there

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=23663761&posted=1#post23663761

thats the Main Thread to that Problem, as you can see many People have the same Issue, yet Still Cryptic STILL has not Confirmed that BUG........:mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Its not our Computers or Setup, it IS the Game, they somehow Messed up the Dyson Battleground, Specificaly the Outskirts Many Players are Crashing there

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=23663761&posted=1#post23663761

thats the Main Thread to that Problem, as you can see many People have the same Issue, yet Still Cryptic STILL has not Confirmed that BUG........:mad::mad::mad:

Yep it's the outskirts for me too. I just did two full runs with two different alts in the park without any problem. Then I took her to the outskirts ('cos now I had a hunch) and it crashed withing a minute.
  • Options
    x6460x6460 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I wonder if this is related to the Mission: Out in the Cold.

The game crashed 8 times on me while trying to complete that mission on my Delta Recruit.

Lucky I was able to log back in fast enough each time that it saved my progress. so I was able to complete the mission.

Looking around I'm seeing other reports of crashing on ground missions.

Deferi daily 'Emancipation'
    New Romulus Gateway complex
    Kobali ground map 'Dust to Dust'
    And
    Dyson Sphere Ground Battle zone
    oh, look... Adding to the list
    Earth Space Dock
    Finally decided to make a sig.
    I see allot of them with a character, and ship.
    though I'm not sure which ship to put on there...
    I'll think about it. This will do for now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Is this still a bug? I crashed 3 times in outskirts in less than 2 hrs. Does not happen in other zones.
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Still bugged just got kicked yet again its taken me 20 mins to log back in long enough to leave dyson without getting kicked
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    hmmm, I actually dared back onto the outskirts this weekend and I've had no crashes yet *knocks on wood*:rolleyes:
  • Options
    barimanforumsbarimanforums Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I crashed 3 times today in the outskirts, today. The bug is still there. Since we have to have that area completed though, I'm not sure if I should bother....
  • Options
    harrothebestharrothebest Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey guys same happening with me its getting annoying having to restart all the time. Yep out skirts Dyson battle grounds and out in the cold did it as well for me. I basically crawled through that episode with 16 crashes in total. out skirts is pretty mutch unplayable for me i dont get 5 min before crashing. with all these updates you think they should get it together. Not happy about it at all might stop playing if it keeps going.
  • Options
    rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    x6460 wrote: »
    I wonder if this is related to the Mission: Out in the Cold.

The game crashed 8 times on me while trying to complete that mission on my Delta Recruit.

Lucky I was able to log back in fast enough each time that it saved my progress. so I was able to complete the mission.

Looking around I'm seeing other reports of crashing on ground missions.

Deferi daily 'Emancipation'
    New Romulus Gateway complex
    Kobali ground map 'Dust to Dust'
    And
    Dyson Sphere Ground Battle zone
    oh, look... Adding to the list
    Earth Space Dock

I recently did "out in the cold "on one of my delta recruits ( in Zaria map ) and to relog no less than 15 times , kept a tally ....

as long as these very basic (Breen arc is even part of the DR-event ) bugs aren't fixed I'm reverting to log in for doffing , and nothing else ...no $$ from me ..
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Still getting kicked from battleground.... needs to be fixed

as for the people who hypothesize that it is an issue on the players end due to ISP or hardware or cache or drivers....

My ISP : speed is 6 MB/s download broadband connection

Motherboard : Asrock N68C-GS FX

HDD : Western Digital Black WD5003AZEX 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive

CPU : AMD FX 8 core model 8320E 16 MB cache black edition 3.2 GHz base over-clockable to 5.0 GHz

Graphics card: Asus Geforce GTX 960 4GB GDDR5 ram

RAM : G.Skill DDR3-1600 4096 MB X 2 (8 Gigs)

Audio : X-Fi Bravura 7.1

DVD ROM : 6X DVD-ROM

Directx : 11

Virtual memory set to minimum 10 GB Maximum 15 GB

Running Xfast LAN program for faster internet

Cache cleared, all drivers are up to date

I think I meet the minimum requirements to play STO....

I have played with all of the graphics setting in game setting everything to low/off and playing with the DX9... didn't fix the issue with dyson but sure did make everything ugly as hell.

I have even gone as far as to delete the game and reinstall so that instead of having patch-work program I have a solid single download... 16 GBs downloaded later and nope not fixed

The first step to fixing a problem is accepting that there is a problem, so how about let's start accepting the fact that there is a problem with STO coding causing these issues
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I crash in Outskirts especially when I'm about to kill the Boss General.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited May 2015

General:
    • Resolved an issue which was causing crashes to occur when loading in to certain maps such as Zaria, Kobali Prime, and the Dyson Sphere Battleground.

Yay, hope this works though. Until then (next week?!), stay away from outskirts...
  • Options
    verios55verios55 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yay, hope this works though. Until then (next week?!), stay away from outskirts...

Where is the original notes for this quote? I can only find up to May 28th patch notes.
  • Options
    xbalankexbalanke Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    the fix for this is on the tribble testserver.. (that's where the quote comes from, tribble patch notes for the 28th, not holodeck)
  • Options
    bogardanbogardan Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Still ain't fixed.
  • Options
    gorg505gorg505 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This is still happening, just crashed 3 times in 10 minutes.
  • Options
    bogardanbogardan Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This is still a thing?! My god... According to what i read several weeks ago, there's an FX function in the game that forces a crash whenever you enter the Outskirts in the voth ground battle, or do one of the later breen missions. I thought they fixed this.
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    bogardan wrote: »
    This is still a thing?! My god... According to what i read several weeks ago, there's an FX function in the game that forces a crash whenever you enter the Outskirts in the voth ground battle, or do one of the later breen missions. I thought they fixed this.

Not in this reality :(
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They tried to fix it in the last patch, however it appears to have failed.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    ulithiumdragonulithiumdragon Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I did enough trials to confirm that this is happening to me 100% of the time if I try to engage that pathing "General Voth" (or w.e. his name was) mini-boss/rare elite. So long as I avoid running into him, I'm fine, but if he gets too close to me or I try to attack him, I CTD.
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    the most recent tribble patch notes mention a fix incoming that is aimed at the Voth BZ and the crashes on the Varia map. Hopefully we'll get to use the Voth BZ again after next Thursdays patch.
    server_hamster6.png