test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Borg: remodulator trait not working anymore

risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
I already posted in the bug section, but I'm not even sure if this is a bug.

Usually I need to remodulate my weapons once every couple of minutes, maybe up to 3-5 times during an entire mission. Now I have to remodulate my weapons after firing 4 or 5 shots, every couple of seconds they're useless again.

I have the reputation trait active, I didn't change my gear or anything, yet I need to remodulate my weapons even before the 3-set bonus remodulator comes off cooldown.

Was this change intended? I don't remember seeing anything about it in the patch notes.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    i dunno, but that's pretty common with me, even though i have the trait, so i just switched to tr-116 and saved myself 15 percent
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    risian4 wrote: »
    Now I have to remodulate my weapons after firing 4 or 5 shots, every couple of seconds they're useless again.

This is how they're supposed to work without the trait.

With the trait, you shouldn't be getting to remodulate only every few MINUTES.

If anything was changed, looks like a fix to me.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    edited June 2015
    i dunno, but that's pretty common with me, even though i have the trait, so i just switched to tr-116 and saved myself 15 percent

I played some ground missions yesterday, spent some time on Defera minutes before maintenance started. Weapons were still fine then, I could complete half a mission, killing a couple dozen drones without needing to remodulate.
    I had the 'kill 250 borg' mission from Kuzmina, I think I needed 100 or something around that when I had finished the other missions. So I started shooting the drones near the base camp, and I could finish it while needing to remodulate maybe once or twice.

Now I can't kill a single heavy tac drone without needing to remodulate once or even twice.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    tk79 wrote: »

Yeah I know that's how it works without the trait. It's why I never start playing ground missions before I have that trait. Right now, however, there seems to be no difference between having the trait active or not.

The trait was working just fine before maintenance. There was still a need for a remodulator, but you didn't have to push the button almost as often as you're firing your weapons...
  • Options
    generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    And there's no chance the rep trait got unslotted by accident?

I know, unlikely, but I'm not sitting in your chair, so I need to rule that out.
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    And there's no chance the rep trait got unslotted by accident?

I know, unlikely, but I'm not sitting in your chair, so I need to rule that out.

Nope, I've had that happened to me once before so it was the first thing I checked. Once I finished KAGA I even unslotted the trait and reslotted it before I went to Defera for further testing... trait is active but having no effect.
  • Options
    generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Fair nuff. Bug Report ahoy. I seem to recall that breaking once before; here's hoping the fix is reasonably prompt.
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    tk79 wrote: »

What an antiquated mechanic.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    i would like it better if anti-borg weapons auto-remodulated after every 3 shots.
  • Options
    alphahydrialphahydri Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This is definitely a real bug, not a "fix" like some people are saying. I tested my performance on Defera with and without the reputation trait and I had to remodulate after the same amount of shots regardless.

Like OP said, having the trait active before the most recent patch made it so you didn't have to remodulate your weapons for quite a while. I could kill 5-10 groups of Borg before remodulating with the trait, now I have to remodulate after every 2-3 individual Borg I down. There's no longer any difference between using and not using the trait, which is definitely not intentional.

Its annoying, to say the least.
  • Options
    pigeonofclaypigeonofclay Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    i would like it better if anti-borg weapons auto-remodulated after every 3 shots.

That would make too much... sense! Better you have to do it manually (or use Smoke, Fire and Jello).
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So it isn't just me and not understanding something!

My KDF officer can run around all the time and maybe remodulate once or twice the whole time I'm down on Defera, while my Fed toon has to maybe remod every 4-5 shots???

Also I don't know if it is just me but is Defera suffering from bad lag, rubberbanding and SNR's after just a week of the map fix?
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited June 2015
    I did a khittomer ground recently (last night)

once the borg adapted to a weapon the remodulate didn't work or either they were instantly adapting

I had to keep switching back to the crafted rifle