What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TARg nerf..?

Comments

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The release notes have been updated. It was, in fact, a bugfix.
    Thank you.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If it doesn't matter, why do you seem so bothered about the fact that they are choosing to fix the Targ's unintentional speed increase instead?

I sure as hell do say it matters, I see Targ's shooting away from my superior board in every race, which is very annoying when you know that the board wasn't supposed to have that extra bit of speed.

That said, I do say that even as it is now a Targ board doesn't guarantee wins, more often then not I and my lovely superior board do win even from Targs who apparently can't handle their mini board.

its cause ur a dark angel.. i'm a wolf.
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    zarato4218 wrote: »
    Except there isn't a Fed or Rom or neutral equivalent. Races will get pretty boring with everyone using the exact same model. I mean can you imagine a NASCAR race (And I have to because I don't actually watch NASCAR if I can help it, but my retired dad does :rolleyes:) with 50 identical cars? Sure we don't have to worry about getting the drivers confused as such a thing is irrelivant for powerboard racing but it is still very boring. Plus why should two boards with an equal price have an unequal speed. That is like trying to sell a BMW and a Toyota for the same price and thinking anyone would buy the Toyota.

EDIT: Wow, ninja'd by four people... that has to be a record. :P I guess that answers the question of what the majority think of krilldarn's idea though. As well as the question do I type too slow. :D

LOL about NASCAR they DID do that with the Car of Tomorrow. And NASCAR nerfed GM, Ford and Mopar because Toyota cried they were faster by letting Toyota use a non production CAD CAM designed block and head when they decided to race in NASCAR. My son is a huge NASCAR fan and raced Sprint Cars for a few seasons. Indy Cars were pretty much all the same chassis for a very long time as well and still are just motor and some aero packages are different.
  • Options
    tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The release notes have been updated. It was, in fact, a bugfix.
    You don't actually believe that, do you?
  • Options
    sheliasgs1sheliasgs1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I agree that since they took away the speed boost, there should be a way to swap the board or another superior board. Because with the higher turn rating the TARG boards are at a disadvantage. Or, maybe make the turn rating the same for all superior boards.
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You don't actually believe that, do you?

Where did they actually say it was supposed to go faster than superior boards?

They talked about better turn rate and worse inertia. Never about better speed.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sheliasgs1 wrote: »
    I agree that since they took away the speed boost, there should be a way to swap the board or another superior board. Because with the higher turn rating the TARG boards are at a disadvantage. Or, maybe make the turn rating the same for all superior boards.

I think that they should leave the boards the way they are. I like the Targ board being special, even if it isn't faster.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    swamarian wrote: »
    I think that they should leave the boards the way they are. I like the Targ board being special, even if it isn't faster.

Sure, OK. I would still like the option to swap my board for another superior. The higher turn rating just means it is harder to control. If when I purchased this board for all my alts the stats were what they are now, I would have purchased another board. I invested a lot of time to earning enough favors to purchase the board for each character. I guess it is just my bad luck that the day after I purchase it, they go and change the stats on me.
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Sure, OK. I would still like the option to swap my board for another superior. The higher turn rating just means it is harder to control. If when I purchased this board for all my alts the stats were what they are now, I would have purchased another board. I invested a lot of time to earning enough favors to purchase the board for each character. I guess it is just my bad luck that the day after I purchase it, they go and change the stats on me.

Fail logic much? Higher turn rate means greater control which means you won't outrun other players with older superior boards on a straightaway but you will beat them through any turn assuming you both take it at the same angle.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    Fail logic much? Higher turn rate means greater control which means you won't outrun other players with older superior boards on a straightaway but you will beat them through any turn assuming you both take it at the same angle.

A higher turn rate is worse, not better.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    A higher turn rate is worse, not better.

I raced with my targ board against 3 other players with superior boards shortly after the server was patched. Guess what? I beat them all so I'm wondering if it's just you here.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    I raced with my targ board against 3 other players with superior boards shortly after the server was patched. Guess what? I beat them all so I'm wondering if it's just you here.

OK. I get it you are happy with it. I want argue the fact that you are better at racing than I am, you most likely are. I'm just saying that I would prefer one of the other boards now. I personally would not have bought if if the stats showed then what they show now.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    OK. I get it you are happy with it. I want argue the fact that you are better at racing than I am, you most likely are. I'm just saying that I would prefer one of the other boards now. I personally would not have bought if if the stats showed then what they show now.

In principle, I agree with you. Cryptic should never have charged us 1500 favors for it and instead should have charged us 1000 if it's only as good as the other boards.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    The faction boards cost 1500 last year, so we have precedence. If I remember correctly, Romulans got a board in the middle of the year, and were upset that they couldn't trade in their Fed boards for a Romulan board.

If they turned a bug into a feature, and let the Romulan board have a cloak, I might pick it up for my Rommies in addition to the boards they have already.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Are we really making a fuss about "favours" which you can earn 3000 a day with minimal effort and 300 in 45 minutes with almost no effort?
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Are we really making a fuss about "favours" which you can earn 3000 a day with minimal effort and 300 in 45 minutes with almost no effort?

indeed, silly. I sold 6000 the day before the event started, have spent closed to 9000 since the event started and still have about 10000 banked right now..... 1500 favors i pocket change.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »

I can do 3 runs of the (whatever) hunt with 3 characters using superior floaters in 15 minutes, and I've heard of people regularly doing 4 runs. You could probably do sandcastles on 3-4 characters, too, by going to empty zones to build them. So that's 450+ favors, ignoring the dance party and race.
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    swamarian wrote: »
    I can do 3 runs of the (whatever) hunt with 3 characters using superior floaters in 15 minutes, and I've heard of people regularly doing 4 runs. You could probably do sandcastles on 3-4 characters, too, by going to empty zones to build them. So that's 450+ favors, ignoring the dance party and race.

3 runs easily, you can fit 5 in if you've got it down real well.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    IMO, it would be because there shouldn't be only 1 supreme board, all 1500 favor boards should be equal and, only desirable for their appearances.

To be fair man, last year's Summer Event, the Superior Boards were "it" and nothing was done about them. I see the Targ Boards as just another step of Power Creep in a different aspect of the game. The same complaints about this year's Targ Boards were said for last year's Superior Boards.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Mixing up the turning and acceleration is how the boards should have been differentiated.

All the same speed. The basic board has poor acceleration and poor handling. The superior boards have good acceleration and handling. The Targ has better handling but worse acceleration. There should be a squid board that has better acceleration but worse handling.

That way a skilled rider on a basic board still has a chance against a lesser player on a superior board, compared to the go superior or go home race it is now.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    rumors are abound that its getting a stealth nerf today...

honestly why? its not that hard too get the favors together to get it#

so why are peeps gripping..:eek:

also if they increased it from 1 30 second run to maybe 3-4 laps, easier for people to mess up so other can possible catch up..

defo need a redo.

Because the other board that costs the same amount should have equivalent stats (note I did not say the same).

I don't want to ride the Targ Hog. I think it is ugly. So looking at the store I see there is another 1500 board. Great! But wait, that board costs the same but goes slower? Why? There is absolutely no reason.

I would have preferred that board be beefed up to the HOG speed. But they chose the nerf instead I guess.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Cause people want everything, now and for free.

Has nothing to do with that. It has to do with the fact the Fed board that costs the same is slower (and subsequently the HOG speed was a bug).

Some what the Fed board look, some want the HOG. If you are paying the same, you should expect the same benefit.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    bait-and-switch

How? It is still faster than the other non-top tier boards.

It wasn't supposed to be the only on that was the fastest. The TWO boards that cost 1500 were supposed to be the same.
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Question?????? How the hell does someone setting at home on thier computer playing a game hear about a rumor about the game thier playing?? Really? Unless, where you play games is right behind cryptic headquarters and they have thier window down. Sheeshhh!!!!
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I want a refund for my favors....
  • Options
    quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    so for once the tool tip actually is correct for what the item does , and it gets a nerf , i bought it based on what it said in the store , and it gave me what i purchased , dont like the looks dont buy it , just like alot of players that refuse to buy the flavor of the month ships .
    To be honest i dont need a board at the same speed , i dont need to have 2 boards , if it wasnt for the performance i wouldnt have bought it . now its useless . no really it has no edge any more . i bought it for being the faster board thats it . it sldes to much to actually turn so it doesnt turn better , the speed gave it its real edge and reason to have , now its just meh , a waste of space and favors . i would have one more kit module for a alt if i didnt buy the hog . so see theres that .
    im not amused .
  • Options
    dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    IMO, it would be because there shouldn't be only 1 supreme board, all 1500 favor boards should be equal and, only desirable for their appearances.

In the case of this Targ board most, including me only purchased it for the speed. Had I known it would be nurfed i would have chosen one of the boards that looked real. Since this has been done now the only fair thing for Cryptic/STO to do is offer the people that got this thing the opportunity to trade it for another or refund the favors and allow them to re-think the choice.

But no...since Riasen Monkeys make the marketing and customer service choices that will not happen. The "Wahhh" principle runs this game...Wahh I cant be epic so make me epic by nurfing everyone to my level. Fact is I will still win as often, even though my board will be ugly as hell.:eek:

Have fun flaming me you know its true
  • Options
    dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    huskerklg wrote: »
    How? It is still faster than the other non-top tier boards.

It wasn't supposed to be the only on that was the fastest. The TWO boards that cost 1500 were supposed to be the same.

You obviously did not read the specs on the hog, it said clearly speed 65 the other 1500 favor board said speed 60...that is not a bug, it was as advertised. I would explain what a bug is to you but i doubt you would ever understand. Educate yourself on the subject then post:eek:
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    In the case of this Targ board most, including me only purchased it for the speed. Had I known it would be nurfed i would have chosen one of the boards that looked real.

In other words: you took advantage (literally) of an exploit; and now you're upset it gets nerfed?!

This was not like SS3, which was working perfectly as advertised; this board was simply bugged. Period.
    Since this has been done now the only fair thing for Cryptic/STO to do is offer the people that got this thing the opportunity to trade it for another or refund the favors and allow them to re-think the choice.

Re-thinking is always good. Please do so, next time you spent in-game currency on an exploit. Or buy into it again, with the provision that you promise yourself to ride it out while it lasts, and then not get upset when they finally come fix it. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    In other words: you took advantage (literally) of an exploit; and now you're upset it gets nerfed?!

This was not like SS3, which was working perfectly as advertised; this board was simply bugged. Period.

Re-thinking is always good. Please do so, next time you spent in-game currency on an exploit. Or buy into it again, with the provision that you promise yourself to ride it out while it lasts, and then not get upset when they finally come fix it. :)

You act as if everyone knew the stats on the powerboard was wrong. Contrary to what you may believe everyone didn't know. Some of us simply bought it because the stats in the store indicated that it was the fastest. If I had known a day after I bought it the stats would change, I would have chose another board. Also, it isn't exactly fair of you to accuse everyone who bought this particular board of cheating. No one TRIBBLE the game to make the board faster. The powerboard was purchased in accordance with game rules.