What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Risa: great map, not so great content

2»

Comments

• iamviperswhipiamviperswhip Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    bioixi wrote: »
    You can play whenever you want, the timed events only give you a bonus.

You can't really, there's a 15 minute cool down on sand castles, and the hunt only happens once per hour I think, same with the dancing, the racing is at 15 and 38, and you can only fly around for vouchers once every 20 hours.
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Too much time gating = there's not enough content to keep players interested.
  • gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    As a new/returning player whos never done the Summer Risa Event before...is there actually anything to do at the classic beach....seems like everything is at the resort, if so that was a serious waste of a map...
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Too much time gating = there's not enough content to keep players interested.

I think the whole game has a timegate problem.
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    linyive wrote: »
    I think the whole game has a timegate problem.

I agree. If there was enough content for people to engage with then there wouldn't be a need to slow players down.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    As a new/returning player whos never done the Summer Risa Event before...is there actually anything to do at the classic beach....seems like everything is at the resort, if so that was a serious waste of a map...

Classic beach is a legacy social map. It predates the summer events and has never been included in any activity.

Basically its just there for veterans to have nostalgic beach time.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    and some privacy to RP in
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I do the hunt with 3 characters, as I said, 1 with a superior floater, 2 with enhanced floaters, hence my slower time.

As for sandcastles, my trick is usually to start one before the sandcastle bonus event actually starts, that or transfer to a low player channel, it works like a charm.

I don't think they can squeeze more into a clock hour, they'd have to introduce further events as alternatives to the ones we have already, which would be good because choice is always nice in such a matter, it also helps combat the stale nature of the dance event for example.

I do the hunt 3 times as well, two characters even only use the rental floater and yes, I buy it everytime during the event (because it gets consumed otherwise) and I still have one or two minutes to spare. So it works pretty well :) And yes, sandcastles can be build at any time. I have five characters and I have each of them have a completed sandcastle mission at all times so I can grab a lazy 250 favours every time the event comes around :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I do the hunt 3 times as well, two characters even only use the rental floater and yes, I buy it everytime during the event (because it gets consumed otherwise) and I still have one or two minutes to spare. So it works pretty well :) And yes, sandcastles can be build at any time. I have five characters and I have each of them have a completed sandcastle mission at all times so I can grab a lazy 250 favours every time the event comes around :D

I try not to do that too much as I have a nasty habit of accidentally turning a sandcastle quest in before I realize I should have saved it for the bonus time.

I'm also running hunt with 3 superior floaters now, makes it quick and smooth, might want to squeeze in a 4th character.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I try not to do that too much as I have a nasty habit of accidentally turning a sandcastle quest in before I realize I should have saved it for the bonus time.

I'm also running hunt with 3 superior floaters now, makes it quick and smooth, might want to squeeze in a 4th character.

It should work easily if you have a lohalnut tribble on all of them (+5 speed and manoeuvreability) - actually, if you route is solid, you could maybe even make it 5 characters - but to me that would be too much hassle (there's only so much to get via favors, and three hunt characters plus castles and an occasional board race are more than enough to even get the risa kit modules and/or doffs on every character), but I'm sure theoretically it's possible :)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • cristonic2cristonic2 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I likje Risa, however, they seem to have left the content development to a few kids that haven't entered highschoo; yet. I want to ask a simple yet important question and see if anyone can answer this. How can a rented powerboard outrun a mini board (TARG) on a straight run? Five times I have been slammed at the finish by someone on a rented board. Now, I understand that things happen, like getting slightly slowed down in a curve, but a straight run, and they walk away from the FASTEST board in the game. I have come to really doubt Cryptic is giving me what I pay for.:mad:
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    cristonic2 wrote: »
    I likje Risa, however, they seem to have left the content development to a few kids that haven't entered highschoo; yet. I want to ask a simple yet important question and see if anyone can answer this. How can a rented powerboard outrun a mini board (TARG) on a straight run? Five times I have been slammed at the finish by someone on a rented board. Now, I understand that things happen, like getting slightly slowed down in a curve, but a straight run, and they walk away from the FASTEST board in the game. I have come to really doubt Cryptic is giving me what I pay for.:mad:

I wouldn't be able to really tell you what's up, what you say sounds very strange though, I use a Superior board myself and I have -never- seen a rental, basic or enhanced keep up with me unless I messed up somehow.

Fair advice though, don't expect the Targ board to mean easy guaranteed wins, having a Targ board gives you slight margin for error but it's not hard for someone like me with a Superior board to catch up the moment you make a mistake.
    STO%20Sig.png~original