test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Risa Event - New Low

subzer0d1videsubzer0d1vide Member Posts: 144 Arc User
So overall the Risa event has been fun. The only problem is that some here in STO simply cannot play well with others. This makes the Sand Castle build frustrating at times as those who CAN play well wait for the chance to build when someone has the spot only to have some loser steal the spot when it become available. Definitely takes some of the fun out of it.

No I just encountered even worse. At the end the powerboard race someone had deployed shields so that the racers couldn't reach the flags. It's sad that some people are so miserable that they find the need to make others miserable too.

Devs should look to disable offensive and defensive gear while on the planet.

I also think they should remove the need to click to finish the race and use a banner (like at the start) to go through to mark places.

Anyway - it has been fun and good vacation and hopefully the Nandi is worth it.
--

"The higher the fewer."
Post edited by subzer0d1vide on

Comments

• cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I have the Nandi, and it is worth it.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • cyberpunk1977cyberpunk1977 Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So overall the Risa event has been fun. The only problem is that some here in STO simply cannot play well with others. This makes the Sand Castle build frustrating at times as those who CAN play well wait for the chance to build when someone has the spot only to have some loser steal the spot when it become available. Definitely takes some of the fun out of it.

No I just encountered even worse. At the end the powerboard race someone had deployed shields so that the racers couldn't reach the flags. It's sad that some people are so miserable that they find the need to make others miserable too.

I also think they should remove the need to click to finish the race and use a banner (like at the start) to go through to mark places.

I agree with the powerboard race, Whoever goes over the line first should automatically get the 1st place slot without having to click on finish race box,

As for Castles, I personally jump onto the instance that has the least amount of players if possible in order to get around waiting most times

Loving Risa TBH :)
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You know there is an easy way to build sculptures in peace. Just grab the mission, build to your contentment, and then don't turn in the mission until the bonus event starts. Problem solved.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    At the end the powerboard race someone had deployed shields so that the racers couldn't reach the flags. It's sad that some people are so miserable that they find the need to make others miserable too.

Now this does need to be sorted out. The race is a big pain in the behind trying to reach the flags already without some troll idiots spoiling it for everyone.
    No idea why cover shields are even allowed in ANY non-combat areas anyway, they should just be treated the ame as all other offensive abilities and powers.
    SulMatuul.png
  • jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Now this does need to be sorted out. The race is a big pain in the behind trying to reach the flags already without some troll idiots spoiling it for everyone.
    No idea why cover shields are even allowed in ANY non-combat areas anyway, they should just be treated the ame as all other offensive abilities and powers.

Normally Cover Shield is restricted from use in social maps, either Cryptic missed it for Risa or someone is bypassing the restriction. I'm pretty sure my Engineer can't use Cover Shield under normal circumstances (can't verify at the moment) so it may be the latter, perhaps similar to that exploit that allows Klingon toons to bring their bridge officers to Defera.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited June 2015
    jbmaverick wrote: »
    Normally Cover Shield is restricted from use in social maps, either Cryptic missed it for Risa or someone is bypassing the restriction. I'm pretty sure my Engineer can't use Cover Shield under normal circumstances (can't verify at the moment) so it may be the latter, perhaps similar to that exploit that allows Klingon toons to bring their bridge officers to Defera.

That is not a "Klingon" thing any faction member can request reinforcements if you go to the Power plant instance, though they still don't count as team members when trying to start a Hard mission instance.

The Cover shield thing was present last year also, it is annoying but you'll have to work around it till the devs correct the oversite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited June 2015

You can just do the castle build during the off-time, and wait to turn it in when the event starts. You'll get the bonus favors, and not have to worry about the rush of people.

As others have said, they're supposed to be disabled. not sure why they aren't, but it's probably an exploit.

Would be nice...

• trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It all boils down to the fact that the game designs never are designed around player cooperation. Now if they made it where all who worked on said task for said reward it would be the correct way to handle this issue. Although they have known about this issue from various past things they have done but it is done on purpose because its the easiest and laziest way to do it.
  • heresincebetaheresincebeta Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Guess PVP isn't so dead after all?
  • jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    That is not a "Klingon" thing any faction member can request reinforcements if you go to the Power plant instance, though they still don't count as team members when trying to start a Hard mission instance.

My bad, I'd only ever heard it as a KDF thing and only ever recall seeing KDF players using it (I do not mean this as a jab at KDF players). I never investigated further because I had no intention of using it myself since it was an exploit, and a pretty pathetic one if you needed to rely on it.

Given the nature of of that, I doubt it's the source of the Cover Shield workaround. Maybe it's one of those weird Foundry exploits? Are there any Foundry doors in the resort?

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jbmaverick wrote: »

Borticus is asking about it here

seeing as posting exploits on the forums is naughty, but this information is clearly displayed in public, i have no problem linking it, and i assume they'll have it fixed soon(by soon i guess i mean by next summer event:rolleyes:)
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.