test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Samba dance emote..COMPLIMENTS!

oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
very very well done, and the Samba_advanced dance emote even more so..

Marvelously well done, and apparently some small but subtle differences between how the different genders are animated. Just a small tweak in posture.

The Dev who did the animation needs to step up accept his or her flowers, accolades, and pizza!

Just amazingly well done..

And a reason all by its self to go to Risa and attend the summer event... I want to see a Gorn do it! Awesome scauce!
"I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Agreed the animation looks fantastic and it was a nice surprise to find the extra dances on my emote list.
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree, they were well done. Three cheers for Cryptic!
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'll throw my hat into the ring in thanks for these dances.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    May I ask how you got them?
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Malkarris.

You talk to the "Dance Instructor" to get the basic emote

Then take part and finish the dance Contest (just step onto the dance floor and select "i want to dance" once the contest starts.

Hints. Right clcik on the symbol to the right site of the window you type chat in, right click on emote.. PIN the emotes ..little push pin symbol in the upper right corner. Extend the now pinned emote list a little and move the slider untill all your dance emotes are showing.

The instructor will call the next dance move (theres a pop up with the instuctors portrait)
    and you have about 2-3 seconds to initiate that dance emote.

Special note. When the instructor says "Just Dance" they're calling for Dance_Mix or the default /emote Dance

Finish the contest, get your 25 favors, enjoy the view, and get the emote! SImple as that.
  • Options
    malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Malkarris.

Then take part and finish the dance Contest (just step onto the dance floor and select "i want to dance" once the contest starts.

Hints. Right clcik on the symbol to the right site of the window you type chat in, right click on emote.. PIN the emotes ..little push pin symbol in the upper right corner. Extend the now pinned emote list a little and move the slider untill all your dance emotes are showing.

The instructor will call the next dance move (theres a pop up with the instuctors portrait)

Special note. When the instructor says "Just Dance" they're calling for Dance_Mix or the default /emote Dance

Finish the contest, get your 25 favors, enjoy the view, and get the emote! SImple as that.

Ah, didn't know that, or the hint about pinning the emote window. Thanks muchly.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Malkarris.

Are you saying that 25 favors are rewarded in addition the earned favors while dancing?

I completed the dance contest (got the green colored text with the check beside it) but did not receive 25 favors at the end or the advanced samba emote. I did get the "Samba Master" accolade.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited June 2013
    Its 25 favors total for the dance.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Inquiry:

How does one exactly unlock the Dance_Fan emote? I've seen someone do the samba and whip out a green branch that looks like a fan.

anyone know?
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    corethlcorethl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Pretty sure it comes from doing the dance stuff at Nimbus in Tau Dewa.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Frankly excellent samba moves. Heck, bet the guy could pull off salsa steps if he/she wanted to. On the other hand, the Dance Fan one if horrible for male toons.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Don't like the fan dance... It lacks.... emotion...and yes, not all that good for male characters.. for much the same reason.

A fan dance is a"flirtation" The "fan" or in this case palm fronds should be larger.. those palm fronds your waving around have got to be off the sickliest palms in the quadrant!

A palm frond, or fan dance is all about gracefull slow movement, and hiding, not revealing.. The fans should always be between the dancer and the viewed. The dancer should not be looking at the viewer.. the emotion conveyed should be shyness.. Mystery...

Nope, I rate the fan dance as a fail. And why call a fan dance a fan dance when your using palm fronds? I've worked as a professional dancer... that dance emote needs some work, and performance dance moves such as a frond, or fan dance need to be better reserched.

The difference in quality between the 2 Samba dance emotes, and the fan dance are huge.
  • Options
    jimipaigejimipaige Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is fairly easy. All you do is complete the dance competition 4 times without failing and boom you get the fan dance.

Romulan General Jeronath SI 39
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    +1 for Samba
    -1 for Fan dance
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Advanced Samba! Here I am with Luna tryout your new dance. :D

http://catstarsto.deviantart.com/art/CatStar-and-Luna-390528565
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Malkarris.

Thanks for mentioning this. I thought Just Dance meant Dance Basic. Could not understand why so few favs at the end.

Edit - Much better result. :D
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Frankly excellent samba moves. Heck, bet the guy could pull off salsa steps if he/she wanted to. On the other hand, the Dance Fan one if horrible for male toons.

Could be there for comic relief. Personally, I want all my Captain to be able to put fruit on their heads.

JerryLewis_Trivia_eSpot_600_600.jpg

Might just be me, though. ;)
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Trendy! Smite this unholy undead with your power! :eek:
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Necro! Kill it quick!

This is no fake!
    I need a beer.

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Necromancy!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Sorry. This is what happens when one uses Google to search for STO info on a current event.

And now I must go eat my own - BRAINS!
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Special note. When the instructor says "Just Dance" they're calling for Dance_Mix or the default /emote Dance.
    Another quick and related tip: Often the instructor will repeat a dance - i.e., they will call out "Do the snake" then the next one will be the snake again. You will not get credit for the second 'snake' dance, because you're already doing the snake. I always, after clicking on the called dance, wait a few seconds then click on one of the unused dances (usually just the basic one, tho the sambas or shuffle also work). That way, when they repeat a dance, you can click on it and get the proper credit.

Sigh, hate responding to zombie threads. Oh well.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    BRAAAAAAAAINS!

I created a new thread an used this old one as a link in the new. Go ahead an lock it, if you must.

BRAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAINS!