test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event ships in reputation store *not* unlocked account-wide

monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
First 3 characters I logged into had the account reward claim unlocked in the event reputation store. All 3 of these characters had winter event items unlocked in the reputation store already, but not the summer event yet.

However, when I logged into a Delta Recruit the reputation event store button is grayed out. I can't access my event ships I have unlocked.

The cause of the issue: you need to have either the winter or summer event stores unlocked first. After using a lohlunat favor to unlock the summer event store I was able to access my event ships on my Delta Recruit I had previously unlocked.

What this means: After the summer event ends, any current characters you didn't unlock the summer event store on and any future characters created after the event won't be able to access your event ships you have unlocked, even though they are suppose to be account-wide. You would need to wait until the winter event to unlock the winter event items in the event reputation store to gain access.

I'll leave a character without unlocking the summer event store so it can be looked at.

Character name:
Monkeybone@monkeybone13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I suspect this is "WAI", and probably will remain like it is. Once your newer toon gets to the event and unlocks the store, they get all the goodies anyway.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I thought this same thing, until I checked some of my alts. It seems (for me at least) that many of my alts still have several of the event ships in boxes in their banks.

Only my Delta Recruits have never picked up any of the ships, so they we able to claim all unlocked ones.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    I suspect this is "WAI", and probably will remain like it is. Once your newer toon gets to the event and unlocks the store, they get all the goodies anyway.

That's what I'm hoping isn't the case. The thing is they clearly said that event ships were account-wide unlocks but they never mentioned that you have to have the event reputation store unlocked during a special event first. So outside of events your characters who haven't unlocked event store items yet will *not* get access to your ships. If this is "working as intended" it really isn't fair. Some players may have no reason to bother unlocking event items in the reputation store, or decide to create new characters later in between events. It's not like it takes much to unlock it, but still.
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I am still playing around with this, so far i have found the following:

Risa ships, any alt that had not unlocked the event at the beginning of visitng risa for thr first time could not claim the. Once it was unlocked, they could.

dyson ships: no matter fed, rommy, or kdf the dyson ship was only available to those who had played the mission that used reward the dyson ship.

Breen ships: only available to those who had been to the winter wonderland, my delta cannot claim them at the current time.

i have noticed, if you have any of these ship, boxed or unboxed, it will not allow you to claim another one.

Sorry for grammar errors, i am typing with my phone.

I cannot state anything towards the kobali ship, all my toons have it.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    cidjack wrote: »

Risa ships, any alt that had not unlocked the event at the beginning of visitng risa for thr first time could not claim the. Once it was unlocked, they could.

dyson ships: no matter fed, rommy, or kdf the dyson ship was only available to those who had played the mission that used reward the dyson ship.

Breen ships: only available to those who had been to the winter wonderland, my delta cannot claim them at the current time.

i have noticed, if you have any of these ship, boxed or unboxed, it will not allow you to claim another one.

oops . . . my Fed Tac has 2 boxed up Risian Cruisers
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I was able to claim all 3 breen ships on my Delta Recruits, as well as the Dyson Science Destroyer and all other event ships I have unlocked, even though they don't have the winter event items unlocked in the reputation store. I was only able to claim my event ships after using a lohlunat favor to unlock the summer event items, and I haven't even set foot on Risa on my recruits. (The only event ship I don't have is the Risian Luxury Cruiseliner because I didn't get it last year and it was retired before the summer event started this year. I don't have the Ferengi Warship yet either, but I'm working on it. :()

Another issue I noticed:

In the event reputation store when you have the 'Account Reward Claim' selected there is a 'Buy Dilithium' button on the bottom left corner of the window that opens the dilithium exchange. It makes no sense to have this button there. The button doesn't appear in the event rep store when you have winter or summer event items selected. The button is probably there because the event ships have a price of '0 dilithium'. Edit: Screenshot http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/MonkeyGuts69/screenshot_2015-06-05-23-44-54_zpsaggdnzuq.jpg~original
  • sythkainynsythkainyn Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Odd... Once I logged a character who had actually claimed the Dyson ship, I was able to claim it. And no, the first one I checked with didn't have the Dyson ship. I only managed to complete it on one of my ... I think 12 characters at the time. Maybe only 9. I was also able to claim it on my Vulcan, whom I did not make until well after that event was over. I can't really check on any of my others I know didn't exist at the time of the Dyson destroyer event...because they're under level 10 and can't unlock any event stores...

Can't say on the others, 3 characters for being too low level to unlock the store (Risa requires level 10, it says.) and the rest, because other than the Dyson Destroyer, I've gotten all the other ships I wanted on my other chars...I didn't want the Breen ones so I can't say if having the 'right' season for the winter/summer ships is required.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited June 2015
    Its part of the game mechanic that they described a while ago - sorry I don't have the link.

At first I thought all of the winter gear was available... so dutifully I gathers my saved winter chachkies for my delta recruits to buy them boots.

Of course, the winter store is only for toons that have been there... lol.

BUT winter ships ARE available for my Delta Toons. So something isn't quite right ;)
  • cirran1cirran1 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I can claim all ships I have unlocked except the Dyson Destroyer. I unlocked that ship on all factions when it was avaible. None of my characters that do not have it Delta Recruits or not can not access it in the reward store. Any info on how to fix this?

Cirran
  • jindarojindaro Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've encountered the issue where I cannot claim the Dyson Science Destroyer on my kdf aligned Romulan.

Here's all the pertinent information I can think to relay:

1. DSD event project started during the 2014 anniversary, but not completed.

2. Project filled and completed 6/7/15. Reward box awarded and opened on federation character same date.

3. Returned to kdf romulan to claim ship from account rewards where it was greyed out and unavailable.

4. Zoned and attempted to reclaim again with it still being greyed out and unavailable.

5. Quit game and relogged with the same result.

6. Ship limit on kdf rom was full, so dismissed a ship and results were the same after repeating steps 4 and 5.

7. Quit game and logged onto the fed character who claimed the DSD initially. Switched characters to kdf rom with no success even after repeating steps 4 and 5 once again.

8. DSD project was active on the kdf rom, but not completed. Canceled project and repeated steps 4, 5, and 7 once again with no success.

I suspect that my issue arises from the fact that the project was not completed and the reward not claimed until after the changes to the account unlocking of event ships. Possibly something not flagging the fact that the project has just recently been completed and claimed.

Hope this helps.