test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Risian Luxury Cruise Liner/Corvette

drakecyandrakecyan Member Posts: 7 Arc User
Alright, to start off, I love event ships. Like, a lot. So when I realized that the older Risian ships weren't obtainable as of this year's summer event, I practically lost it.

I've played for about two and a half years. So I only have the Corvette from last year's event. But I want the Cruise Liner as well ('Cause I'm just greedy like that [And it's pretty]).

What I want to know: Is there any possibility of getting the cruiser in future events, or is it going to be unobtainable as of now?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nobscunobscu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Probably wont be coming back by the sound of it. If it is, it might be for some promotional event a long time down the line.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dd1mdd1m Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Unless you have the project slotted from last year as you can use this year's currency on previously slotted projects.

Otherwise you are out of luck I'm afraid :(
    8ebd135a27dd1eb31f8ce7dff0bfba3a1f1467ac_full.jpg
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,328 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    drakecyan wrote: »
    Alright, to start off, I love event ships. Like, a lot. So when I realized that the older Risian ships weren't obtainable as of this year's summer event, I practically lost it.

I've played for about two and a half years. So I only have the Corvette from last year's event. But I want the Cruise Liner as well ('Cause I'm just greedy like that [And it's pretty]).

What I want to know: Is there any possibility of getting the cruiser in future events, or is it going to be unobtainable as of now?

I understand that if you started the cruiser project prior to the summer event and the changes you could fill out the project with this years attributes. After this summer event the project will be removed .
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    drakecyan wrote: »

so if you've played for about two and a half years why don't you have both ships?, you could have got them both last year by making sure you had two characters that could do the event, you could have got the first ship with one and the second ship with the other and then got both ships for each for just one extra go of the mission on each of the two characters.

alternatively you could have not bothered doing the extra missions but just claimed them both now from the store, you just needed to have one of each ship obtained on your account.

I don't know how many characters you have but this just proves its wise to have two even if you only use the second when something like this comes up.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This is the reason why I would slot everything I could, even if I had no intention of finishing it during that event.

Unfortunately I think unfinished projects are supposed to disappear at the end of the event now.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    svindal777 wrote: »
    This is the reason why I would slot everything I could, even if I had no intention of finishing it during that event.

Unfortunately I think unfinished projects are supposed to disappear at the end of the event now.

well if you still have the project slotted you have a choice you can get the T5 Cruise Liner by using this years currency but that means you wont get this years ship unless you have a second character to get it with, alternatively if you only have one character you can go for the not so pretty but probably far better T6 ship available this year.

and take my advice if you only have one character create an alt you never know when you might need one.

• Options
    dd1mdd1m Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    well if you still have the project slotted you have a choice you can get the T5 Cruise Liner by using this years currency but that means you wont get this years ship unless you have a second character to get it with, alternatively if you only have one character you can go for the not so pretty but probably far better T6 ship available this year.

and take my advice if you only have one character create an alt you never know when you might need one.

Which is what I'm doing so will have both the cruiser and the Nandi at this event and the new ship and the Sarr Theln in the winter event, always a good idea to have an alt, even if its just for bank space
    8ebd135a27dd1eb31f8ce7dff0bfba3a1f1467ac_full.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    dd1m wrote: »
    Which is what I'm doing so will have both the cruiser and the Nandi at this event and the new ship and the Sarr Theln in the winter event, always a good idea to have an alt, even if its just for bank space

indeed and all very well for you dd1m but what about svindal777 whom my comment was directed at?

• Options
    olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited June 2015
    so if you've played for about two and a half years why don't you have both ships?, you could have got them both last year by making sure you had two characters that could do the event, you could have got the first ship with one and the second ship with the other and then got both ships for each for just one extra go of the mission on each of the two characters.

alternatively you could have not bothered doing the extra missions but just claimed them both now from the store, you just needed to have one of each ship obtained on your account.

I don't know how many characters you have but this just proves its wise to have two even if you only use the second when something like this comes up.

don't go after the OP man, people have lives

read the reddit thread about it, people were pretty upset
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I have plenty of alts and they all have stuff slotted from events going back 2 years.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    svindal777 wrote: »
    I have plenty of alts and they all have stuff slotted from events going back 2 years.

surly you are not continually slotting projects and never finishing them?, with at least 3 characters in play and at 5 event slots per character that's at least 15 projects spaces you have, surely you have not got them all on the go, how many rep based events have we had in the last 2years?

don't forget you only need to claim the ships on one character now to unlock it for all so any duplicate projects you can discard, obviously the least filled ones if possible.

you should if you have at least 2 characters with the last 2 summer ships slotted 1 on each + one character with this years summer ship slotted be able to finish all 3.

for the winter event assuming they will do the same thing you will need at least 4 characters, 3 with the last 3 ships plus 1 with an empty slot.

that's still only 7 ships in total so what are you doing with all the rest of your spaces.

if you play right I don't see why you should not be able to claim all the event ships.
    that's assuming you haven't claimed any yet with at least 1 character as if you have you will not need to finish those at all, you can just go to the store and claim them now.

• Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited June 2015

No need, I've read the dozen+ previous versions of the thread on this forum. Every time someone person learns about it for the "first" time, a new thread pops up (instead of, say, searching out the old threads). So the whole topic has been beaten to death. The horse is a decomposing skeleton by this point.

<elsa>Let it go!</elsa> :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    kiralyn wrote: »
    No need, I've read the dozen+ previous versions of the thread on this forum. Every time someone person learns about it for the "first" time, a new thread pops up (instead of, say, searching out the old threads). So the whole topic has been beaten to death. The horse is a decomposing skeleton by this point.

<elsa>Let it go!</elsa> :rolleyes:

the reddit stuff is a different flavor, a lot less snark for one, and more genuinely informative about peoples experiences in some ways

I think there's a population of players that have entirely given up on these forums, some of them are on reddit

it's worth a scan-through
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I skipped the summer event last year because I was taking a break from the game at the time. So the Risian Luxury Cruiseliner is the only event ship that was made account wide unlock that I don't have (excluding this years ship which I'm working on).

We have begged and pleaded with them not to retire the old ships and either make it so we can keep getting them during events or get them in some other way.

Edit: Salamiinferno did leave a post on the forums explaining they were retiring the old ships and why they decided to go with a new currency each year and that event ships we obtained would be unlocked account wide. But I have yet to understand exactly why they are retiring the old ships. I was planning on grinding the new ship, the cruiseliner, and work on getting enough pearls (vouchers) to get all of the summer event ships on all 15 characters. Ships being account wide meant I would have only had to grind the cruiserliner on 1 and the new ship on another. But alas, I can only get the new ship.
    :(
  • Options
    ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I skipped the summer event last year because I was taking a break from the game at the time. So the Risian Luxury Cruiseliner is the only event ship that was made account wide unlock that I don't have (excluding this years ship which I'm working on).

We have begged and pleaded with them not to retire the old ships and either make it so we can keep getting them during events or get them in some other way.

Same boat. I've all the event ships except that Solanae science, the Risian cruiser, and the Samsar(Samsar i've got slotted on one of my alt's event tabs fortunately)... I'd pay $50 Zen on the spot in order to get a Cruiser... even if just for a brief window a week or so before the event's end. I'd not complain.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Edit: Salamiinferno did leave a post on the forums explaining they were retiring the old ships and why they decided to go with a new currency each year and that event ships we obtained would be unlocked account wide. But I have yet to understand exactly why they are retiring the old ships. I was planning on grinding the new ship, the cruiseliner, and work on getting enough pearls (vouchers) to get all of the summer event ships on all 15 characters. Ships being account wide meant I would have only had to grind the cruiserliner on 1 and the new ship on another. But alas, I can only get the new ship.

moral of this story - don't take breaks when there giving away free ships even if you think you might be able to get it sometime later and don't whine about it if you do take a break and end up missing out.

it was obvious when they introduced the get past years ships feature it wouldn't last for too long, in fact I was kinda surprised they introduced it in the first place.
    I have never known any other on line game to offer past event stuff, they have all been get it now or don't get it at all.

I have also missed out on free stuff from the other games I sometimes play, I just kick myself for not getting it then shrug it off and carry on.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    moral of this story - don't take breaks when there giving away free ships even if you think you might be able to get it sometime later and don't whine about it if you do take a break and end up missing out.

it was obvious when they introduced the get past years ships feature it wouldn't last for too long, in fact I was kinda surprised they introduced it in the first place.
    I have never known any other on line game to offer past event stuff, they have all been get it now or don't get it at all.

I have also missed out on free stuff from the other games I sometimes play, I just kick myself for not getting it then shrug it off and carry on.

You know, I think people would be ok with 1-time stuff, seems like a complete waste of dev-time to me, but whatever, there's probably room for it in the game.

Removing old stuff though (right before the event??) and sort of retro-actively declaring it "limited edition" is what people are sour about.

They could have just as easily said this year was the last year for the risian ships. I think that would have been pretty well received.
  • Options
    ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited June 2015

They could have just as easily said this year was the last year for the risian ships. I think that would have been pretty well received.

THIS. This would have been acceptable. And would have been made plain and clear for all to see... Even if it was made known - not by inference or otherwise - last year it would have given everyone present for the event a final warning.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    don't go after the OP man, people have lives

im sorry if the truth hurts but it needs to be said, we all have personal lives with family and work to think of but it only takes 15 minutes or so for each run of the flying high mission and if you really wanted those ships you would make sure and set aside some free time during the day to run this mission as many times as you needed to.
    for someone who has been playing the game for two and a half years doesn't matter if your away on holiday or business, have family members visiting or whatever, in this day and age of laptops and mobile internet there is absolutely no excuse beyond maybe "oh but I was in a coma so could not do it." for not getting them when they were available.

funnily enough I was away from home for a good portion of the last winter event but it didn't stop me from getting the ship, not one bit.

sure I feel sorry for anyone who missed out but that's life, I have missed out on plenty of things in the past for one reason or another, you just need to shrug it off and move on.
    You know, I think people would be ok with 1-time stuff, seems like a complete waste of dev-time to me, but whatever, there's probably room for it in the game.

Removing old stuff though (right before the event??) and sort of retro-actively declaring it "limited edition" is what people are sour about.

I don't say its right the way they did it but its their game and we are just the players, we just have to play by their rules whenever they feel fit to change them if we want to keep playing.
    you should take nothing for granted in any mmo as the devs can change things whenever they want and however they want and theres nothing we can do apart from keep playing or stop playing.
    ok we can make a fuss on the forum but if they choose to stay with changes there is little else we can do.

and to be honest if anyone did stop playing over a couple of free ships when theres plenty of more better ones to come then they could not like this game very much in the first place.