test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

mini-powerboard It does not stop in time

minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
I bought mini-powerboard and reaching first I can not stop in time, maybe it would be better to remove the checkpoint and put the finish line?

I lost my time to take that mini-powerboard?
Post edited by minidari on

Comments

• Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Turn off the powerboard just before reaching the flag.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    dd1mdd1m Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    To be fair it does state that it has reduced traction
    8ebd135a27dd1eb31f8ce7dff0bfba3a1f1467ac_full.jpg
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    its a simple thing, you sim race, no traction or stability or abs, using a long pedal to decelerate to avoid the rear of the car swapping around, you adjust your braking position to get the best result in the least amount of time lost.

on sto its simpler, the faster you go the more you need distance to slow down, so where you usually slow down on a standard superior board, just increase it a little further in distance to slow down.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    narthaisnarthais Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    its a simple thing, you sim race, no traction or stability or abs, using a long pedal to decelerate to avoid the rear of the car swapping around, you adjust your braking position to get the best result in the least amount of time lost.

on sto its simpler, the faster you go the more you need distance to slow down, so where you usually slow down on a standard superior board, just increase it a little further in distance to slow down.

Short version of this is: You bought a faster board with lower traction(breaking) and instead of adjusting how you ride the board you want how the race is done adjusted. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    narthais wrote: »
    Short version of this is: You bought a faster board with lower traction(breaking) and instead of adjusting how you ride the board you want how the race is done adjusted. :rolleyes:

no short version is, increase the braking distance before releasing up key. problem solved. dont put words into my mouth thank you.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    minidari wrote: »
    I bought mini-powerboard and reaching first I can not stop in time, maybe it would be better to remove the checkpoint and put the finish line?

dd1m wrote: »
    To be fair it does state that it has reduced traction

Give dd1m a cookie!

Read the tin next time OP. At least there's no fine print technically.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    minidari wrote: »

that's momentum for you, it will get you every time.
    if you choose to have the faster boards you must learn to take you finger off the gas earlier that's all there is to it.

its not up to cryptic to alter an event just because you cant learn how to stop in time.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    zenn3kzenn3k Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Can we just change this so it functions like and actual RACE?!

I mean is it really so much to ask that something CALLED A RACE, FUNCTION AS A RACE and not a game of race to the little click box that doesn't pop up or is stolen by another and you go from 2nd place to nothing because the terrible lag?

Moronic that this functions in this way. Races are decided by crossing a finish line, not by desperately mashing the F key hoping to not get it stolen from you.

Fix this TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    People that want the finish line to determine the winner, then those that lag will always get screwed out a race. People just need to learn to adapt to the new board, or go and practice on a board 1 tier lower until they master it before moving on to a new tier.
  • Options
    neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    dragnridr wrote: »
    People that want the finish line to determine the winner, then those that lag will always get screwed out a race.

just curious, do you believe fewer people with lag get screwed by the current system?
  • Options
    zenn3kzenn3k Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    dragnridr wrote: »
    People that want the finish line to determine the winner, then those that lag will always get screwed out a race. People just need to learn to adapt to the new board, or go and practice on a board 1 tier lower until they master it before moving on to a new tier.

I can handle the board just fine, its clicking the end point before others thats impossible.
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    zenn3k wrote: »
    I can handle the board just fine, its clicking the end point before others thats impossible.

Then it's not the board.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    neomodious wrote: »
    just curious, do you believe fewer people with lag get screwed by the current system?

Yes because the appearance of other players client-side is an illusion. There is not a uniform place where everyone is on a map in relation to one another or rather it doesn't match up to what's displayed client-side. Where you see yourself is an illusion that may not match what is seen on other people's screens and is determined in part by client latency and doesn't match server position, which a fast client will outpace and a slow client will underpace.

Forcing everyone to slow down somehow is essential to matching fast clients to slow clients although an AoE slowdown volume like the one outside ESD just before the finish line might allow for a more seemless experience than flag grabbing.
  • Options
    dd1mdd1m Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    a3001 wrote: »
    Give dd1m a cookie!

Read the tin next time OP. At least there's no fine print technically.

Mmmmmm cookies
    8ebd135a27dd1eb31f8ce7dff0bfba3a1f1467ac_full.jpg
  • Options
    narthaisnarthais Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    no short version is, increase the braking distance before releasing up key. problem solved. dont put words into my mouth thank you.

Actually I was quoting the OP... the forums have a bad habbit of quoting the wrong post it seems.