test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Advice getting around the Boffs go Bye Bye bug?

realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
Each update my Boffs are unseated...is there any easy, automatic, guaranteed way to quickly resolve this? I don't trust loadouts.

I made text files for my main with the seating, but I forgot to do so with my alts, and I haven't streamlined my commissioned BOFFs so its a pain to try to remember what build I was doing and which officer was where.

Any super easy solution I'm overlooking?

(At least this time I caught it before I went into a featured episode!)
Post edited by realisticalty on

Comments

• Options
    thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Each update my Boffs are unseated...is there any easy, automatic, guaranteed way to quickly resolve this? I don't trust loadouts.

I made text files for my main with the seating, but I forgot to do so with my alts, and I haven't streamlined my commissioned BOFFs so its a pain to try to remember what build I was doing and which officer was where.

Any super easy solution I'm overlooking?

(At least this time I caught it before I went into a featured episode!)

That's so funny.

Good luck.
  • Options
    realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Its one of those things that they no doubt tried several times to fix, but eluded them...one day they'll stumble on the reason and there will be an "Aha!" moment, and it will be free beverages all around...
  • Options
    thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Its one of those things that they no doubt tried several times to fix, but eluded them...one day they'll stumble on the reason and there will be an "Aha!" moment, and it will be free beverages all around...

Here.

That's a bunch of people with the same wish, that have posted some symptoms of the load out function not working, and ways they have gotten it to work.

You'll have your best luck there. As you haven't said that you have tried the system and it doesn't work, I suggest that if you haven't tried it, do so.

Tips. Keep plenty of inventory room. Switching load outs can eat inventory space if it involves ship gear.

Being KDF. You may run into gear issues when you are or aren't on a map where you can't access all your gear if you need it for a load out. You MAY. I'm not saying your KDF or that it will always happen. Just saying.

I've often had the vanishing boff issue. I've had the messed up tray issue. So troublesome. I've never had an issue with load outs and they've saved my bacon. The only issues I've noticed so far is inventory space, and sending doffs that I use for a load out on a mission.

Peace and good luck.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I haven't had this issue in months. The game is actually playable for me since they fixed it. Doesn't help you, but I can say I've never touched loadouts, so avoiding them shouldn't be the issue.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    you might not trust layouts but that's no reason not to use them anyway, so if they fail they fail but you will be in no worse a state then you are now, if they work as they do most times they you could save yourself a world of grief.

sure keep a text file of your layout as a backup but with a saved layout its just one click and fixed and if the worse thing happens and it fails you have always got your text file to fall back on.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ** Solution that has (almost) always worked for me.

When changing ships, or beaming into space and notice all your BOff skills are missing, Immediately open your Player Window and switch to the "Stations" Tab. For me this will generally "reload" all my BOff's and add all my tray skills after a second or two.l
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png