Install Arc

Official DPS League & DPS Channels Thread

Comments

• praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You guys just need to have an "old vs new" PvP match to settle it :D
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Regardless of the disagreements between the admins the way Fellisan and his crew have acted is beyond redemption,

1. They initiated a Coup d'
  • amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    felisean wrote: »
    To clarify this.
    These Channels are NOT longer supported by Combatlogreader and the DPS-League.
    The supported chans are DPS-Bronze, DPS-Silver, DPS-Gold and DPS-Diamond.
    This statement implies that the "splitter" league has some control over how CLR works, if they can force it to honor only specific channels. And from my reading of this, they are now locking out the original DPS channels from automatic parse uploading? Pardon me if this is a noobish observation, because this is a connection I wasn't aware of before.

That's okay though--CLR is just a tool. I've honestly always found it to be a bit clunky, so this lack of integrity has given me a perfect excuse to experiment with other options.

If the intent was to use prestige and control over CLR to leverage players into splitting off into your league, this was a horrible miscalculation. I respond extremely poorly to threats or coercion, and locking out the original DPS channels from CLR is yet another indefensible abuse of trust in order to railroad players into participating in a hostile takeover.

It will backfire spectacularly. No one likes being used like that, and gamers really hate having choices taken away from them by someone with an agenda.

Incidentally, I have no history with anyone on either side of this. This is a complete stranger's first impression of what the creators of this new league have tried to pull, taken simply at face value.

The first impression is that it's a scummy move by people who have demonstrated that they cannot be trusted.

They're finished.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Since I don't particularly care about the leader boards, I don't even have an opinion on the thing they're disagreeing about.

The actions taken though? Underhanded and despicable.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    So just to clarify the events of the last 24 hours, I'm guessing the TLDR version of this is "ignore the invites to named channels and re-accept the invites to numbered channels"? I don't really use the channels much, but I also don't want to be part of some big dramatic uprising for something I don't have a real opinion on when I wasn't even asked if I wanted to be involved.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    To be honest I see both sides and understand what they are doing. How they went about it was wrong and childish. The league was setup to help players. It then became a dps race. Internal dps challenges are fine until they affect sto and it's players in a negative way. That is when I feel sto personnel should get involved.

If these individuals want to part ways and make their own league then so be it. People will then have options of what league they want to be involved with. Please for the love of sto and all it's players please work together by lowering your fingers and making this transition less painful for all of us. Oh and please keep us informed! Blind changes and invites don't work well.
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • daunknownadmindaunknownadmin Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    To be honest I see both sides and understand what they are doing. How they went about it was wrong and childish. The league was setup to help players. It then became a dps race. Internal dps challenges are fine until they affect sto and it's players in a negative way. That is when I feel sto personnel should get involved.

If these individuals want to part ways and make their own league then so be it. People will then have options of what league they want to be involved with. Please for the love of sto and all it's players please work together by lowering your fingers and making this transition less painful for all of us. Oh and please keep us informed! Blind changes and invites don't work well.
    ^ Pretty Much This!

During my time playing STO there have been multiple channels for public queues and pvp. I've even seen fleets split up. It was probably inevitable that there would be some conflict that would precipitate the creation of a second dps channel. Being a veteran of forum-based communities I half expected it. But now that it's 24 hrs later it's time for cooler heads to prevail. It's up to the leaders of both channels to lead by example and move forward in a positive manner or else both channels risk losing everything they worked hard to achieve.
  • furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    amezuki wrote: »
    If the intent was to use prestige and control over CLR to leverage players into splitting off into your league, this was a horrible miscalculation. I respond extremely poorly to threats or coercion, and locking out the original DPS channels from CLR is yet another indefensible abuse of trust in order to railroad players into participating in a hostile takeover.

It will backfire spectacularly. No one likes being used like that, and gamers really hate having choices taken away from them by someone with an agenda.

Incidentally, I have no history with anyone on either side of this. This is a complete stranger's first impression of what the creators of this new league have tried to pull, taken simply at face value.

The first impression is that it's a scummy move by people who have demonstrated that they cannot be trusted.

They're finished.

As someone else who also has little to no interaction with the upper levels of the DPS Leagues, and only cares about the DPS channels as a means to find decent players to party with, and not as a ladder to climb, I wanted to echo the above sentiments. As my signature also states, no matter what the disagreement was, nothing justifies the actions that were taken by certain individuals, which ended up disrupting a large part of the community that was previously uninvolved in whatever spat that was going on in the upper end of the DPS league.

The irony here is that the rogue admins might have actually had a chance to tear some people away if they had just gone and created their own channels without all this fuss. But because they felt the need to undermine the original channels, and in a very underhanded way as well, they have now lost the trust of far too many people and gained the ire of quite a few as well.

When the dust finally settles from all this, these "new" DPS channels are going to be little more than ghost towns.
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Personally I'd like to stop getting invites to the DPS league channels. Yes, I'm a good player, but I don't care about this ladder at all. Please leave me alone already, you guys are as bad as the gold sell spammers in this regard. I'm tired of having to decline these invites when I log in. DPS isn't the end all be all in this game. If I wanted to play the math crunch game I'd pull out minesweeper.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • captainobvious09captainobvious09 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    After hearing that member or members of the "metal" group have been falsifying parses, I don't really care about the ladder anymore, because obviously it can be faked if you are buddy buddy with the guy who programmed the parser.

That being said, pugging sucks, so I will be staying in bronze and 10k just to not have to pug when I need marks, anything else ladder wise, I am not interested because I feel I just can't trust you guys(metal) anymore.
  • nh3rdnh3rd Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It was a **** move to try and wipe one set of channels to promote a new set of channels. Now we have this pissing contest of who is "The Official DPS-League". Well ya know what? I'm inclined to say the original channels are the closest thing to official around these parts for the soul fact of a sticky on the forum until Cryptic says otherwise. Beyond that they are 2 separate player created leagues and nothing more.

At the end of the day I will be sticking to the original channels because of the poor leadership decisions of the rebellion. It was bad enough that the whole league's integrity was called in to question over a few people doing things they shouldn't have been doing. But now the latest events have made the decision even easier.
  • coruunascoruunas Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You do realize that from the outside looking in that this whole DPS channel thing reads out like a cheap Telenovela? All I can saw is that what's done is done stop moaning and groaning, pick up whatever pieces are left and move on before someone with some clout comes along and ends it for you.
  • chaosmrxchaosmrx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It is shameful that a small group of selfish people who were afraid of losing some sort of arbitrarily validation in a game would act this way, specially someone like Ryan, and actively sought to destroy all the progress made to benefit a comunity of players because their argument lost in a vote.

And the underhanded method they went at it only makes it more pitiful, whatever they had done in the past that was good for the comunity has been forever tainted by their tantrum.

Personally, I've unsubscribed from Ryan's channel in youtube, its the only direct way to demonstrate my discontent towards that group, since I was part of the channel they kicked me out of. However Im not going to let them harm my experience in sto, I will rejoin the channel and continue to enjoy grouping with people there and continue to improve as much as I can.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Personally I'd like to stop getting invites to the DPS league channels. Yes, I'm a good player, but I don't care about this ladder at all. Please leave me alone already, you guys are as bad as the gold sell spammers in this regard. I'm tired of having to decline these invites when I log in. DPS isn't the end all be all in this game. If I wanted to play the math crunch game I'd pull out minesweeper.

Just tossing out a guess, are you using the CLR parser? Because if you are that auto generates a chat channel invite if you use it to upload your date. If you're not then I dunno.
  • khenaliankhenalian Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Just tossing out a guess, are you using the CLR parser? Because if you are that auto generates a chat channel invite if you use it to upload your date. If you're not then I dunno.

You dont get invited at random. He must have been on someone else's parse that was uploaded. If he doesnt want to join, he can just decline it. That's his perogative. But its not like the Admins deliberately went to spam invites at him.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    khenalian wrote: »
    You dont get invited at random. He must have been on someone else's parse that was uploaded. If he doesnt want to join, he can just decline it. That's his perogative. But its not like the Admins deliberately went to spam invites at him.

Yeah that's how I got invites. I've never uploaded anything myself but I was on a team with somebody who did a few times.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I want the holo-movie rights to this story. It was out of this world
  • chaosmrxchaosmrx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I want the holo-movie rights to this story. It was out of this world

This summer... *BUAAAAAAAAHWWWWW*
    An alliance is broken... *BUAAAAAAHWWWW*
    And a line will be drawn..*BUAAAAAAHWWWW*
    Betwen numbers... and metals....*BUAAAAAAHWWWW*

He, didnt knew who he was...*BUAAAAAAHWWWW*

"You dont understand, Susan! What AM I? Am I a number? Am I a metal? where do I bellong?"..*BUAAAAAAHWWWW*

"What does it matters? Seriously, I dont understand!" "You freaking casual, Susan"..*BUAAAAAAHWWWW*

"Join us, take your place amongs the metals, and your place in the dps top list will be garanteed!" "No Ryan! Recluse Nannies are not the way!" "Fool, our Recluse Nannies will blot out the sun!" "Then we'll dps in the shade"...*BUAAAAAAHWWWW*

"Ryan, You were the chosen one! it was said you would unite us, not destroy us! Bring balance to the DPS, not lead it in darkness!" ....*BUAAAAAAHWWWW*

"Starting tonight, the dps channel will die..... Im a man of my word.. WOOHEEHAHAHAHAHA"

From Director Christopher Nolan .....*BUAAAAAAHWWWW*
    And Producer Michael Bay.....*BUAAAAAAHWWWW*

DPS Wars: The Sundering

"*BUAAAAAAHWWWW*
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I once got into 10k channel. I never actually used it (prefer to fly with my fleet at all times, leading by example you know), but it was okay to have them. Sometimes fun to read the chat.

Now this drama developed, and I only have one thought about all of this.

That is all.

As a side note for those that are interested in the DPS channels (which ofcourse is perfectly fine by me), would joining one of the groups mean exclusion of the other? I got my 10k and Bronze channels invite. If I were to pick one, would the other group get rid of me?
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    As a side note for those that are interested in the DPS channels (which ofcourse is perfectly fine by me), would joining one of the groups mean exclusion of the other? I got my 10k and Bronze channels invite. If I were to pick one, would the other group get rid of me?

There was a post early on from one of the Numbers admins that participating in the Metals channels would result in a ban. That has been Officially Rescinded(tm) as it was speaking from anger and also difficult to enforce. Current official policy from both sets of channels is "one or the other or both, makes no difference, no retaliation."

I am, for the record, neither a Numbers nor a Metal admin. I've just read their posts here and elsenet.
    edited June 2015
    Personally I'd like to stop getting invites to the DPS league channels. Yes, I'm a good player, but I don't care about this ladder at all. Please leave me alone already.

.... yeah, what he said. There should be a list of people you invite who don't join and thus who don't get re-invited, and there should be a once-a-year AT MOST "Hey you still qualify and we'd like to have you, would you like to join?" message.

There should also be an easy "no, and I'm sure, stop asking" option that permanently stops invites to an @handle.
  • nh3rdnh3rd Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    lowjohn wrote: »
    .... yeah, what he said. There should be a list of people you invite who don't join and thus who don't get re-invited, and there should be a once-a-year AT MOST "Hey you still qualify and we'd like to have you, would you like to join?" message.

There should also be an easy "no, and I'm sure, stop asking" option that permanently stops invites to an @handle.

Link? Screenshots? I haven't seen such from either side... Although I've heard both making accusations of the other. I've been banned from neither. :rolleyes:
    edited June 2015
    nh3rd wrote: »
    Link? Screenshots? I haven't seen such from either side... Although I've heard both making accusations of the other. I've been banned from neither. :rolleyes:

Are you maybe responding to the wrong post?

If you meant to respond to my other "there was a threat to ban" post, I'm referring to this post by DPS-Numbers admin John98837 , which was later repudiated:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=24160241&postcount=2

To be perfectly perfectly clear: He said it would happen, and then later posts from multiple other admins said it would not happen. I am 100% comfortable with the belief that it won't happen and he said what he said because he was angry. I get being angry. My main point is, nobody's getting kicked from either the original channel or the spinoff channel, at the moment, for being a member of the other one.
  • p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I went with the new channels, someone called that nice sir a TRIBBLE which made me choose. Admins shouldn't do that even in a coup d'
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Thats easy, just dont join or reject the invitation. A channel you are invited to join but you havent accepted the invite doesnt count towards your maximum channel count.
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    chaosmrx wrote: »

"You dont understand, Susan! What AM I? Am I a number? Am I a metal? where do I bellong?"..*BUAAAAAAHWWWW*

"What does it matters? Seriously, I dont understand!" "You freaking casual, Susan"..*BUAAAAAAHWWWW*

"Join us, take your place amongs the metals, and your place in the dps top list will be garanteed!" "No Ryan! Recluse Nannies are not the way!" "Fool, our Recluse Nannies will blot out the sun!" "Then we'll dps in the shade"...*BUAAAAAAHWWWW*

"Ryan, You were the chosen one! it was said you would unite us, not destroy us! Bring balance to the DPS, not lead it in darkness!" ....*BUAAAAAAHWWWW*

"Starting tonight, the dps channel will die..... Im a man of my word.. WOOHEEHAHAHAHAHA"

"*BUAAAAAAHWWWW*

Hahahahahaha.

This is the post of the year.
  • lorne12lorne12 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    chaosmrx wrote: »

"*BUAAAAAAHWWWW*

Sounds like an epic story for a foundry mission. :D
    You read an lorne12™ post

bZVIEMl.jpg
  • porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    p4hajuju wrote: »
    I went with the new channels, someone called that nice sir a TRIBBLE which made me choose. Admins shouldn't do that even in a coup d'
  • p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    porchsong wrote: »
    Please show us the proof behind your allegations. No one called Ryan or anyone a "TRIBBLE." So instead of posting hearsay in the channels--trying to tarnish our name--why don't you take the highroad yourself.

I find it rather amazing how you can be so reckless as to post blatant falsehoods in a forum post, attaching some horrific allegations to our channels. Shame on you.

There was a picture, and I did visit the homepage of the DPS wizards when there was http://i.imgur.com/o3qHASv.png kind sir.

And have a good day sir.
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    p4hajuju wrote: »
    There was a picture, and I did visit the homepage of the DPS wizards when there was http://i.imgur.com/o3qHASv.png kind sir.

And have a good day sir.

I've already address this.

http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/38jocm/dps_channel_update/crwerqy
    Hi, I'm the guy who maintains the DPS community website. I'd just like to let you guys know that I'm extremely pissed about this occurrence, it's upset me and offended me, and I don't care if 'they' get some joy out me admitting this.
    I would like to reassure everyone that as soon as I realised there was a way to essentially troll the site in this manner I removed that functionality. That part of the site got data directly from the league tables, as mentioned, by someone else, there was an iframe linking to another page hosted on another server that pulled the data direct from the database of CLR which is out of my control. With that said, the ability to upload to the CLR database is open to anyone using CLR, so it could of literally been anyone, a former admin, a current admin, a member of the channels, I have no idea, and I think the only person who could say for sure, isn't responding to me.
    I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to who put it up there, but I assure you I have done all I can think of to stop it happening again and will continue to monitor the situation.

TL : DR anyone could of put that there.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
This discussion has been closed.