test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Crash Fail

After 4 tries to get past load screen and a patch verify, I'm off to PS4.

Yep, you guessed it. I check in after a few weeks offline and the client still crashes.

At least with Sony updates, the console still works as plug n play afterwards. Cryptic devs must be really clueless; maybe they should call Sony tech support for advice. Now where's my PS4 controller...

Laterz.

PS, can't be bothered submitting a ticket. Shouldn't have to. It's the dev's job to make sure display drivers work with the game we're trying to play. Peace.
Post edited by mindstorm2500 on

Comments

• solidshatnersolidshatner Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think we might be having a similar problem. I'm not sure but lets see if this helps:

If you can get to the launcher - go to the tab marked OPTIONS, then scroll to the bottom and make sure you have clicked on SAFE MODE. Now try the ENGAGE button and see if it works. I haven't been able to consistently launch the game without doing this since season 9. I was OK for about the last week before the Summer Event update - but now I'm back to square one doing this EVERY BLOODY TIME. If you poke around this section of the forum, I've heard there is a work-around but I'm not interested. Like you (I suspect), I feel its' stupid that I should even have to launch the game in Safe Mode for it to work. That's a basic that IMO should be a HIGH PRIORITY patch - yet seemingly ignored for this long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Last weeks patch broke the "fix". Forced to use safe mode EVERY TIME.

Now with this weeks patch I crash load maps or selecting characters if I dare change any settings.

Would be nice if some could at least acknowledge the issue.

The thing this was happening in Neverwinter BEFORE they released it to us. So its not like they had no idea there was an issue.

This is going to be like the other major bugs, effects a few people, then more then eventually most everyone.

The numerous graphic issues would seem to indicate that who ever is on that team is, well, an amateur and doesn't really know what they are doing. No one seems the least bit accountable.

Ive said it before, either they are in denial about most of the issues, they have no idea have to fix them or they just don't care.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • madragemadrage Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    After 4 tries to get past load screen and a patch verify, I'm off to PS4.

Yep, you guessed it. I check in after a few weeks offline and the client still crashes.

At least with Sony updates, the console still works as plug n play afterwards. Cryptic devs must be really clueless; maybe they should call Sony tech support for advice. Now where's my PS4 controller...

Laterz.

PS, can't be bothered submitting a ticket. Shouldn't have to. It's the dev's job to make sure display drivers work with the game we're trying to play. Peace.

you can do a file check check if ya got a ghx problem, also if cryptic is planing to be like sony i would quit the game cold, sony is the worst company as ever existed i lost a lot of money due to there inability to secure there servers
  • jlebeckjlebeck Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm unable to get in to the the game since the 4th June update, even in safe mode I'm crashing after choosing which character to play, it then force verifies the files. Only had the occasional crash prior to 4th June but Star Trek Online is currently unplayable for me. I'm afraid I can't spend money in the c-store if I can't even get in the game can I?!
    The Continuing Voyages of Bridge Commander
    Captain Lee Drake - USS Sovereign
    Captain Draxon - IKS RanKuf
    Commander Torenn - IRW Soryak
    Captain Gregory MacCray - USS Geronimo