test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Talaxians have no legs when wearing board shorts.

http://imgur.com/hkOqSal

Edit: Also, any chance we could get that 'default grey tanktop' as just a 'default tanktop' with variable colour palette?
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    callevista wrote: »
    Also, there are some bugs with the Floaters that aren't appearing, these will also be fixed.

Speaking of floaters, can you get someone who works on the artwork for items to take a look at the bugs below.

This is the bug report that I filed last year.

Holodeck ticket #2,537,666: Errors in artwork of floaters

I reported the same bugs again this year.

Holodeck ticket #3,462,950: Standard blue floater has green handles
    Holodeck ticket #3,462,955: Rear thruster of superior floaters too small on males

I might have reported the bugs a couple of times before that as well. These bugs have probably been in the game since the introduction of floaters.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2015
    A fix for the Talaxian legs missing on beachwear is on its way.
    The Floater issues are also being worked on.
    edited June 2015

Thanks for the update. No rush though, it looks pretty funny. :)
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    What race is the character that you are trying to apply these jackets to?

Callevista's need to ask this question seems a good time for a reminder of Best Practices from the OP:
    When adding bugs to the thread, please include the following info:
    • Affected character(s) name@handle, race, gender, faction (and allegiance, if relevant).
    • Is the problem affecting a Captain or Bridge Officer?
    • Your submitted bug-ticket number if you have one.
    • Links to pictures (but do not embed photos themselves, here are instructions).
    • Then include any other detailed information about the problem.

This info is vital to help the devs track down problems. *Especially* important is to include the name@handle of the affected character(s). Because costumes are built differently for each of the many types of character models for gender, race, and yes, even faction, what is buggy for you and your character, might not be a problem for my character or the dev's character. Being able to look specifically at YOUR problem helps them find and fix the issue.

:cool:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • spacecaptianspacecaptian Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    With the TOS t shirt on the off duty slot the arms are invisible and the shirt doesnt move.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Why are all the board shorts red? Callevista, is there any chance in the future to have the ability to recolor them, or buy additional colors?
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • necriemoonnecriemoon Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The Floater issues are also being worked on.

Awesome! Will that fix the missing Trill legs too?
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Cat tails are still bugged. Sliders do not work and tails are still huge.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • roruwok8roruwok8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Talaxians have no legs when wearing board shorts.

http://imgur.com/hkOqSal

I'm having the same issue with my Vulcan male.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Character is Jouster@turbomagnus
    Male, human Starfleet engineer (Captain)
    Male Saurian Starfleet Tactical (BOff, it's Kolez)

The problem is affecting both the captain himself and a Bridge officer - the "The Original Series - Medical" seems to have moved from "Uniform - Jacket Loose" to "Uniform - Jacket Tight" under 'Uniform' and "Off-Duty - Jacket Tight" under 'Off Duty', and the characters arms disappear if I try to wear it or make any changes to their outfits if they're already wearing the original "Uniform - Jacket Loose" version.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Good news: We finally got tank tops in the tailor, yay!

Bad news: Holy female clipping Batman! Also only one color? :(
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    roruwok8 wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue with my Vulcan male.
    Someone said that the issue was that males were somehow able to buy and (attempt to) wear the female version...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited June 2015
    Can anybody confirm if you require a specific swim suit for females to gain access to the bikini bottoms when wearing hula shirts?
    One of my female toons has them yet the other does not. They both own swimsuits but I've got a feeling maybe you can only use the 'bikini' bottoms with them and my character with the halter swimsuit is SOL.

Images to show what I mean.
    Character with halter swimsuit
    Character with string bikini swimsuit
    hypl wrote: »
    Good news: We finally got tank tops in the tailor, yay!

Bad news: Holy female clipping Batman! Also only one color? :(

Yeah I really like the tank tops. So hoping for the ability to change the colours of them, and for a fix to the female clipping issue.

Also, question specifically for Callevista. I noticed that the board shorts have been marked as not available for off duty, can I ask why? They are no more revealing or untoward than the shorts we have available from the beachcomber set so it seems a bit strange to tie them solely to Risa. Plus they actually look really nice.
  • myrnwynmyrnwyn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I was looking around in the off-duty category for the Hula shirt (that's one that's out for clipping right) and instead found this very strange problem
    Looks like I forgot to put on my arms.

This is a female vulcan, and I've got the khan wristband on just because it looks funny, not because it effects whether the arms are there or not.
    edited June 2015
    Not just the off-duty 'version' - the TOS Medical shirt under "Uniform - Jacket Tight" is also doing the armless thing.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • neversetdrumneversetdrum Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    necriemoon wrote: »
    Awesome! Will that fix the missing Trill legs too?

ditto. my trill is missing legs and belt/waist section on my trill
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have no upper body when using the Romulan Civilian uppers in Off Duty - Jacket Loose

Affected Character: Kinanra@dragonsbrethren, romulan, female, fed-rom
    Affecting: Captain, since this only applies to off duty outfits

http://i.imgur.com/FpTt0pC.jpg

This only appears to be affecting the Off Duty copies of these uppers. The Uniform copies still show the upper body correctly. The Civilian Wrap used to be available in Jacket Tight, but now it's in the Loose category, could that be related?

(As a side note, thanks for adding the other Romulan Civilian upper and the Miner jackets to Off Duty! And that awesome tanktop!)
    Can anybody confirm if you require a specific swim suit for females to gain access to the bikini bottoms when wearing hula shirts?

I have the Cropped (they changed the name this year, I've already forgotten the new one) swimsuit and can use its bottom with the shirt.

Is the Halter a 1-piece or a 2-piece outfit? If it's a 1-piece, yeah, you probably need to pick up a different one that comes with a bikini bottom.
    Not just the off-duty 'version' - the TOS Medical shirt under "Uniform - Jacket Tight" is also doing the armless thing.

Confirmed on my female Vulcan: V'Lel@dragonsbrethren. That shirt never used to be in the Tight category, did it?

The Miner uppers seem to be missing from Uniform, but I should probably check Loose before I report that, since that's where they are in Off Duty now.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Character: Tord@monkeybone13

My KDF male klingon.

In off duty wear I noticed with the upper category set to 'Jacket Tight' that the Klingon 'Leather Vest' is available. The problem is my arms are missing.

While wearing the 'Risian Beachcomber Outfit' pants the bottom of my legs are missing with my feet visible http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/MonkeyGuts69/screenshot_2015-06-05-03-27-52_zpsm8gtnsnd.jpg~original

On at least this character the 'Mercenary' jacket from the c-store is available as a uniform option, allowing bridge officers to be able to wear it (might be intended though).

Also on this character the top bar of the Octagon sunglasses clips through my forehead ridges and my eyebrows clip through the glasses slightly. Same for the small round sunglasses.
    edited June 2015
    I have the Cropped (they changed the name this year, I've already forgotten the new one) swimsuit and can use its bottom with the shirt.

Is the Halter a 1-piece or a 2-piece outfit? If it's a 1-piece, yeah, you probably need to pick up a different one that comes with a bikini bottom.

Damn, yeah that's what I suspected. The halter is a 1-piece. Guess I need to grind a lot more to replace some of last years costumes with 2-piece sets so I can make use of the new shirts without looking stupid in jeans with no shoes on haha.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    What race is the character that you are trying to apply these jackets to?

Orion female. I can't open the reward packs they come in (no error message, just doesn't do anything).
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I don't know if this is a bug, intentional or just an oversight.

After buying some of the new Risa beachwear I noticed that the Beachwear Separates category doesn't seem to have access to the Risian Flower Accents.

The Island Flower Headband is still listed in Head Attach Tech under the Head tab, but under the Uniform tab there are no menu options for Arm, Collar, Wrist, Belt, Ankle, Hips Attachments.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Damn, yeah that's what I suspected. The halter is a 1-piece. Guess I need to grind a lot more to replace some of last years costumes with 2-piece sets so I can make use of the new shirts without looking stupid in jeans with no shoes on haha.

Bikini's are are around 3mil EC on the exchange now (down from 17+mil last week) so that is another option to "grinding" the favor's.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
    edited June 2015
    bendalek wrote: »
    Bikini's are are around 3mil EC on the exchange now (down from 17+mil last week) so that is another option to "grinding" the favor's.

Yeah I'll probably cave and buy some things from the exchange, but I'll wait til closer to the end of the event for that as I don't like spending EC if I don't have to haha.

I know you may not consider it a grind (putting it in quotations), but when you've got 18 toons and just to get each of the three new shirts on all 18 of them is 32,400 favours. That is by definition, a grind. There would be people who'd argue that I don't need them on them all, but I'm an alter. I don't do "mains", I play with any character I want on any given day, so I like to have everything on them all. It's why I keep pushing for more account wide unlock systems. :)

Thankfully the increased favour rewards this year will help a bit, but it's still going to take a lot of time.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm going to crosspost this here, I realize it's not really an issue, but it'd be nice for the summer event, especially since Off Duty options seem to be getting some love:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=24182451&postcount=1551
  • callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2015
    Thank you for the posts.
    We have been working on fixes for the following issues:
    -Missing limbs on certain swimsuits and Beachcomber clothing.
    -Missing arms on the Klingon Leather Vest.
    -Missing Floaters on certain costumes.
    -Double geometry on certain swimwear.
    -Floaters that have misaligned thrusters.

Thank you for your patience. We are hoping to get these updates to the server soon.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Thank you for the posts.
    We have been working on fixes for the following issues:
    -Missing limbs on certain swimsuits and Beachcomber clothing.
    -Missing arms on the Klingon Leather Vest.
    -Missing Floaters on certain costumes.
    -Double geometry on certain swimwear.
    -Floaters that have misaligned thrusters.

Thank you for your patience. We are hoping to get these updates to the server soon.

Cal, this showed up on Reddit, Don't know if this is your Ballpark, or the Programmer's

TL;DR Missing Shorts Category for Gorn

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/38pdzo/so_i_bought_some_board_shorts_for_my_gorn_but_i/
    edited June 2015
    Will fixing the missing limbs and missing arms for Risan clothing and Klingon Leather Vest also help the Fed "The Original Series - Medical" top as well?
  • wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I was sad when my beach outfit from last year (which used the TOS Medical short sleeved shirt) now has ghost arms. Thanks for looking into it.
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    more of a visual problem than an outright missing piece, but when a gorn wears swimming trunks you can see a seam on his stomach between the two halves pretty clearly.

http://i.imgur.com/5cb2D0E.jpg

i even remade the outfit using the new system, but that didn't change anything. either the textures don't fit, or the model is shaped that way.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.