test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Wishes Nichelle Nichols

r24681012r24681012 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
sad news today nichelle nichols has suffered a mild stroke and is in hospitail my thoughs are with her and her family at this time and i wish her a speedy recovery
Post edited by r24681012 on

Comments

• kasina88kasina88 Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2015
    Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for Nichelle Nichols. Get better soon.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Honestly guys, I saw her just a few weeks ago at a comic con here in Ottawa. She wasn't well at all. She just kept on rambling on.
    She had no memory of anything.
    She couldn't even remember the questions.
    I have a great deal of respect for her but she really needs to rest and not do any of these conventions anymore.

I saw Nimioy a few months before he passed and he was in better shape than Nichelle.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    <sigh> We all new it was inevitable, but lets hope we don't see another name added to the memorials any time soon ... please
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    bendalek wrote: »
    <sigh> We all new it was inevitable, but lets hope we don't see another name added to the memorials any time soon ... please

chances are not that likely for now as far as nichelle is concerned, it was a minor stroke, not a full bolown one. from her official social trollworking page on fb:
    Official Statement

Last night while at her home in LA, Nichelle Nichols suffered from a mild stroke. She is currently undergoing testing to determine how severe the stroke was. Please keep her in your thoughts.

-Zach McGinnis
    Galactic Productions, LLC
    Update #1 6:25pm June 4, 2015

Nichelle Nichols has had both a CAT scan and an MRI today. The CAT scan came back negative and we are awaiting the results from the MRI. Currently she is awake, eating, in good spirits and able to have full conversations. Her right side has shown minor signs or mobility loss but she is not showing any signs of paralyses.

We greatly appreciate all of the love and support her fans are showing at this time.

-Zach McGinnis
    Update #2 10:15am June 5, 2016

The MRI showed that Nichelle Nichols had a MINOR stroke. She will start therapy this morning to evaluate how much damage was done, and try to determine her chances for a full or partial recovery. The therapists will test her hand at writing and legs to see if she can stand and walk on her own. Last night Nichelle remained alert, and cheerful.

When we told her about the love and support coming in from around the world she smiled and asked to see the posts on her facebook.

Thank you again for all of your kind words. Keep them coming because Nichelle is reading them.

Feel free to post your pictures with Nichelle and a story about when you met her.

-Zach McGinnis

last quoted is 4 hours old, so the chances are good she can come out of it as long as she doesnt over-exert herself in the meantime, that includes stress and being too active and off her feet for long amounts of time, the usual medical advice to follow as well...

as far as i am concerned, its a minor stroke and shes recovering and so its good to see she is on her feet again, but far from being concerned by it. i just hope she doesnt get more serious issues later because that would really suck.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My thoughts are going to her and her family. She needs to be alive to see us colonize Mars and beyond. We lost MANY Star Trek family members already. It still seems like yesterday for me when James Doohan passed. Hard to believe few of the Original crew are still alive.

This world needs to stop the fighting and get busy on making Star Trek a reality.
    latest?cb=20141230104800&path-prefix=en
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    dragnridr wrote: »
    My thoughts are going to her and her family. She needs to be alive to see us colonize Mars and beyond. We lost MANY Star Trek family members already. It still seems like yesterday for me when James Doohan passed. Hard to believe few of the Original crew are still alive.

This world needs to stop the fighting and get busy on making Star Trek a reality.

I was freaked out to see Shatner doing commercials for a new show on the Sprout channel. Its hilarious though... But scary.