test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Keyboard Move Control bugged

voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Once a bit in a map, the Keyboard Move CTRL stops working.
As you enter the map, it works, but as soon as there was combat, or some other interaction, the Move controls simply cease to work.

Over the past three weeks I made ingame bug reports about this, but this still is not solved.

Please look into this.

Thank you.
Post edited by voivodje on

Comments

• salem1574salem1574 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    voivodje wrote: »
    Once a bit in a map, the Keyboard Move CTRL stops working.
    As you enter the map, it works, but as soon as there was combat, or some other interaction, the Move controls simply cease to work.

Over the past three weeks I made ingame bug reports about this, but this still is not solved.

Please look into this.

Thank you.

Are referring to the inability of being able to adjust your character’s position while the mini map is expanded to a large screen view?
  • voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No, movement by arrows (I do not use WASD, I use the arrows instead).
    Once a little time in a map, these keys stop working.
    edited June 2015
    Still not fixed.
    Neither is the Ground Skill Bug for BOffs not fixed.
    Nor is the Triolic Tribble.

Despite this was mentioned in game bug reports and here on the forum now I think 3 weeks...

Please look into it.
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Oh, I Know what you're talking about. This isn't a bug. Go into your options and select 'keep moving through contact dialogue'.

By default your ship throttles to zero whenever someone hails you or a cutscene happens.

Again, this isn't a bug. This is intentional. You can turn it off in your options.
    edited June 2015
    No miss, you fail to get it: once I shot the first man down, my keyboard movement controls stop functioning.
    All other buttons keep working, just not the arrows.
    And I used this quite often.
    Both in space, as on the ground.

I never used WASD, since back in 1986, WASD was not a used system, and I can't get used to WASD.
    Could be that WASD still functions, that this only applies to the arrow keys.

If I go into keybinds, move one arrow and back, save, then it works again untill the next fight....
    Bloody strange.

As for the Triolic critter, this one I use in a constant....
    Or, used it in a constant, but it's gift is dead now.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've seen the same thing, where the arrow keys will stop working for ground movement. Eventually, I'll get the little white timer bar that you get from running, and they'll start working again.
    This happens when I don't have my inventory open. (Although I USUALLY can't move using the arrow keys with my inventory open. Occasionally, I can.)
    WASD still works and clicking both mouse buttons still works when this happens. (And for the record, WASD was around before 86.) For me, this can happen both in and out of combat.

Also, occasionally, I'll get stuck moving in a direction, and the only way I can stop is to hold down the opposite direction key.
    edited June 2015
    Odd, I cannot remember a game with WASD back then.
    But for me that was the Amiga time.
    At any rate...

I was not aware that inventory bugs the arrows, going to test that out.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Dunno about games, but WordStar (I think) used WASD back in the CP/M days.

I had the bug hit where I couldn't stop moving forward on Risa yesterday while running. I jumped on my board, and kept moving forward. I put on my floater, and got normal control again.
    I'm not sure, but I think the floater also cures the problem of the arrow keys becoming unresponsive for movement. I was in a hurry, so I didn't test it.